What is your current boy name crush?

Hello berries

I’m currently obsessing over [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]! I love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] he’s strong yet soft, has lovely biblical history, the gorgeous meaning ‘peace’ and I love [name_u]Sol[/name_u] as a nickname. [name_u]Sol[/name_u] with the association of the sun is fab! [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] feels like the perfect name for a sunny wintry day which is my vibe. I also like [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] + [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] together.

So moving away from my obsession what is your boy name crush and why?

Sorry if we’ve had a thread like this before I know I did one ages ago about girl names but never for boys!

Looking forward to hearing your names as they will be gorgeous :teddy_bear:

Thank you!!! [name_u]Happy[/name_u] holidays!!!

10 Likes

I was just thinking about [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] last night!

[name_f]My[/name_f] newest crush is [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]. I never thought about him before, but as of last night I am obsessed! Clunky and cool, and I am a sucker for an O ending name. I also realized it could be a very subtle honor for my dad, [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]!

8 Likes

[name_u]Sol[/name_u] is the sweetest !! :yellow_heart:

I’m really into [name_m]Ilija[/name_m] (EE-lee-ah) at the moment, I’m loving the softer-sounding, classic boy names. And -a endings especially! Funnily enough, I also love him for its sun association, like you and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]! In Ilija’s case the sound reminds me of ilyos, which is Greek for ‘sun’ :sunny:

6 Likes

I’m utterly in love with the idea of [name_f]Remedy[/name_f] for a boy right now! It’s just so beautiful. It’s one of those words that feels totally name-like, and of course the meaning is lovely. I’ve also finally come around to the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u], so that’s an added bonus. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] :heart: love it!!

I’m having an [name_m]Artan[/name_m] moment - love the way it feels distinctive but familiar and is short but substantial! And nicknames Art/Artie are cute!! It’s one of those which has potentially different origins - it could be related to [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] (and mean bear), could mean [name_m]Gold[/name_m] in Albania, or be related to [name_m]Atilla[/name_m] (meaning little father). I really enjoy names with multiple origins/meanings for some reason

6 Likes

I’m kind of crushing on [name_u]Earl[/name_u] at the moment. I just think he’s so sweet and comforting, but has majestic touch as well.

6 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] current crush, somewhat randomly is, [name_m]Frank[/name_m]. It’s not normally my style at all but I’ve been thinking it would be sooooo charming to meet a little [name_m]Frank[/name_m]. I love how short and to the point it is. And another, although a longtime favorite of mine, is [name_u]Blair[/name_u] - I’ve just been re-falling in love with how handsome and cool it is, despite taking off for girls somewhat recently. [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] is also another recent crush of mine, for the same reasons as [name_u]Blair[/name_u], and how unexpected but not unapproachable it is in an English-speaking context.

6 Likes

[name_u]Perrin[/name_u]

I first came across it reading The Wheel of Time and couldn’t get it out of my head. He’s a wonderful character, but I just love the sound of the name. Being “from” a book is actually holding me back.

4 Likes

I like [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] very much.

[name_f]My[/name_f] current “name crush” is Amiran. He is a Prometheus-like figure in a Georgian medieval romance.

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] holidays :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

@Kipperbo1 ahhh great minds think alike in regards to [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]! As for [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] that’s the coolest way to honour [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]!

@tallemaja names that remind you of the sun are such a vibe! Craving sunshine in the grey wintry days!!!

@seawillow [name_f]Remedy[/name_f] is sooooooo you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The name would definitely work with brother [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]!

@Greyblue i have never heard of [name_m]Artan[/name_m] he feels like a cooler more stylish [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]

@OctaviaMay [name_u]Earl[/name_u] is so surprising! [name_u]Earl[/name_u] gives me undiscovered [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] vibes

@Youssarian [name_m]Frank[/name_m] is adorable my sister’s neighbour’s boy is Fr@nklin! [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is handsome and I like [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] very bewitching

5 Likes

@Margo.Rossi6 [name_u]Perrin[/name_u] is cute almost like a more approachable [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] and a more buttoned up [name_u]Perry[/name_u]! I like!

@marysia Amiran is a name I’ve never heard of it’s so fun to discover new names! Thank you for the holiday wishes

1 Like

Yes, definitely! :snowflake: :yellow_heart: I love how it sounds with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], too.

I’ve been crushing on [name_m]Otso[/name_m] today - every now and then I read up on its meaning in Finnish folk tradition and significance in old Finnish paganism and I fall in love with it all over again. (At the same time though, it is so popular in Finland and if you Google it with our surname so many people come up, and I’m not so sure it feels all that special anymore. I wish popularity didn’t bother me at all but it does. :see_no_evil: Still, absolutely loving [name_m]Otso[/name_m] today!)

3 Likes

Ahhh @Luminen thank you! It’s nice to receive positivity surrounding [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] + [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] together :sunflower:

Okay [name_m]Otso[/name_m] is adorable! Are you currently living in Finland? As I think in [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking countries [name_m]Otso[/name_m] is super rare and would be fun.

1 Like

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m].

I’ve been crushing on [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] for 1.5 years now lol, I just think it’s such a lovely name. I liked it when I was pregnant, thought it went really well with my son’s name (Reuben).

I think [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] go perfectly together as well!

5 Likes

aww i love sol 🫶🏼

my current boy name crush is definitely nolan!

3 Likes

Thank you, I think it’s adorable too :heart: We’re currently in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country but planning to relocate to Finland in a few years’ time which has definitely thrown me for a loop when it comes to thinking about names!

1 Like

[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] nn [name_m]Sly[/name_m]

3 Likes

[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] & [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] :evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Oh I love Solomon too! My current crush is Ronen/Roan :sun_with_face::mountain_snow::feather:

1 Like

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is such a beautiful name!

Mine at the moment is a Bosnian name, Šemsudin :white_heart: Another sun connection!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this name and this story!

2 Likes