What makes your pet special

Tell us your stories!
It could be things about your pet that make you smile or how you got them. Any story counts!
:dog::monkey_face::horse::rabbit::hamster::chicken::frog::turtle::fish::beetle:

1 Like

I don’t have a pet, but my neighbor’s cat that I love seems to really like music. It’s really sweet.

4 Likes

Everything lol

Um, her yawns. She yawns so loudly, it’s hilarious. Or her size.

7 Likes

He’s super lovey & clingy. There’s so much trust between us. I don’t know. He’s just great :slight_smile:

This was how he decided to sleep one night :joy:

6 Likes

Awwww that’s the cutest! What’s his name?

1 Like

Thank you! Butterscotch :blush:

1 Like

My mum got me [name_m]Mylo[/name_m] to cheer me up after losing my last hamster, [name_m]Oreo[/name_m], and due to some other things. She literally came into my room, woke me up at 8am and said “get dressed! We’re taking you to the pet shop!” When we got there my mum told me to pick a hamster, and I chose [name_m]Mylo[/name_m] because he was the cutest (and that’s in no way biased now that he’s mine :blush::sweat_smile:).

I’ve recently discovered his quirk that makes him special - he refuses to run on his wheel if it makes too much noise. Instead, he makes as much noise as possible (not running on the wheel) to get my attention so I’ll sort his wheel out

Here’s a rare close up of the cutie (he’s still a bit afraid of movement and sound so getting this close without him running for his life is rare) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Stella helps so much with my depression, she’s so precious to me. She’s the most affectionate cat I’ve ever met. I call her my shadow because she follows me from room to room. She’s also extremely playful; her favorite game is fetch with bottle caps. And she plays what I call hide and seek, where she hides–I can see her but I guess she thinks I can’t–and jumps out to “surprise” me when I “find” her. She has a lot of little quirks, like she enjoys peeling the stickers off bananas.

She went missing for a while today, and is now safely asleep in her doll bed.

5 Likes

My cat has been with me through 7 moves. It’s like… as long as we have each other, we’ll be ok. I honestly get emotional thinking about it. I call her my soulmate because we are so similar and feel so much peace together. When I’m in the house, she follows me everywhere. If she wakes up and I’m not where she last saw me, she meows SO LOUD to find me. Her purr is also very loud. I think animals with a connection to their humans know when they’re upset, because she always insists on laying on my chest when I need it most. I describe her love as “aggressive affection” because she doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I am head over heels in love with my pets. I’ll start oldest to youngest:

Amelia [name_u]Skye[/name_u] “[name_f]Mia[/name_f]”-she’s a 15 year old Siamese [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] mix. When she was tiny kitten, a kind lady found her, her siblings & her kitty mama in a box at a gas station. She posted an add for free kittens. That’s when we first met, & she’s been the love of my life ever since. She’s currently sitting on my lap purring, which is her usual spot. She used to love playing fetch w/hair ties when she was younger. She’ll still pounce after hair ties now & then. She’s getting older, but still has young cat spunk. And mesmerizing blue eyes.

Artemis [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] “[name_u]Ari[/name_u]”-He’s my 13 year old grey/brown/white tabby cat. He was estimated to be three when I adopted him ten years ago. He acts like a kitten though. He sprints across the house chasing toys & doing somersaults. He’s lovable, affectionate, loves to snuggle his humans & the other pets. He’s just goofy, friendly, quirky & the sweetest little boy.

Fiona [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]-That’s the beautiful angel in my profile picture. She’s eight years old. We adopted her from the shelter when she was five months. She just has every little inch of my heart. She’s loyal, stubborn, spoiled, loves her friends & family, loves adventures, & is just a beautiful deep soul.

:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat::dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart:

4 Likes

My cat, [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], died in front of me on the way to the vet last [name_u]June[/name_u]. She was the feistiest little thing. [name_m]Just[/name_m] thinking about her makes me cry. She was delicately drawn, but mighty in spirit. She had the most extraordinarily beautiful face with a graceful nose that reminded me of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] Hepburn. Unfortunately, she was afflicted with many heart issues. Thankfully, she never knew about her heart conditions until the very end. Throughout her short life, she was known to ride my shoulders and to be bold, unabashed, and completely sure of herself. When we got my other kitty, [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], as her companion, [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] quickly assumed her role as mother even though she was smaller in size. The day before [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] died, she and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] snuggled for hours in silent conversation. I am devastated, but I know it is because we shared the ultimate love.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry, that must’ve been completely heart-shattering :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: I could fill oceans with my tears, but I’ve realized that acceptance is the only way toward inner peace.

3 Likes

She was a beautiful girl :relieved::heart: Sounds like quite the character, too!

2 Likes

@firefly305 I’m so sorry about your sweet [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. She sounds like a beautiful soul. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I forgot to mention a very special thing about my daring, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. She’s soooo attentive. She looks & listens to anyone who is talking better than any human that I’ve ever met. She processes an ridiculous amount of words. We have to basically spell everything if we don’t want her to know what we’re talking about. :joy: She’s a Pittie/Boarder [name_f]Collie[/name_f] mix. I think that Boarder [name_f]Collie[/name_f] is what makes her so intelligent. And she’s horrified of rain & thunderstorms, which I recently learned is extremely common for Boarder Collies.

4 Likes

My little [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is the same way. She refuses to not sit on my lap. But I love her cuddles. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is my dog Maverick! He is an 11-year-old lab/greyhound mix. We rescued him two years ago, and he is very sweet and loyal. He follows me around everywhere!

4 Likes

Mr. Pippin (formally peregrine) and casually pip or Mr.Peep is the oddest cat I’ve ever met. His eyes are almost crossed and he makes the cutest little power up noise when you pet him whilst he’s sleeping.

He’s very athletic and jumps very high but has MAJOR FOMO and cannot be shut out of rooms without howling. He’s a snuggle boi and always sleeps curled either on me or by my feet. 10/10 good boi

4 Likes

That is his constant existence. He always looks so taken aback and off guard :joy: but thank you. He’s the LOML

2 Likes