What would you name a potential royal baby?

If you were picking a name for [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]'s baby, what would you choose?

For a boy I’d use: [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
Girl: [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Hm, I think they may reuse some family names for middle names and traditional but not too buttoned-up firsts.
I’d like to see: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Doria[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] & [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]

Hmm… Considering that a child of theirs is very unlikely to actually become monarch, I’d go with something a bit more quirky, yet still traditional.

Something like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Vita[/name_f] or [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Alban[/name_m], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] or [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] for a boy.

My guess is that they’ll play it slightly “safer” than that, though, incorporating lots of honour names from both sides… but who knows?

I like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but since [name_m]Harry[/name_m] has a cousin named [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] I’m not sure the would use that if they did I like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

For girls I think could use a flower name for a first name and more typical royal names after
Maybe something like
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

For a boy
[name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]?

i would like to see these names being used:

[name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]: honouring [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]: honouring [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]’s friendship with [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Fergie[/name_u]’ - Duchess of [name_m]York[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

with a side note of: [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_m]Christian[/name_m] and [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]

I’d like to see:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

I would love for him to be daring and actually honour his mother’s family by naming his first born [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]! Not sure what the protocol would be for him though (does he have a strict code to follow?)

What I would like:
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] - ode to [name_f]Doria[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f] - Meghans first name!

What I expect:
A popular name, Grandparent name ([name_f]Lily[/name_f] for [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]), something posh but trendy and a nod to [name_f]Diana[/name_f] (eg [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f])

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

Boy
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Alvin[/name_m]

Girl
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

I like the idea they would use her first name [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] for a girl.

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]

I’d like to see [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] for a girl, or [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] for a boy.

I think I would go for something like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victorie[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], something like that.

For the boy I like
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]

For a girl I like
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecilie[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

I think they will stick with something classy and traditional for a middle and something maybe a bit more modern for the first, but it will be fairly restrained. Nothing cre8ive for sure! They will also probably go for something that is appealing to both British and American ears.

Perhaps - [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m].

They might go for something more formal but say that the baby will be known by a nickname - so [name_m]Harry[/name_m]'s full name is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but everyone calls him [name_m]Harry[/name_m], and [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] is a middle name (her first being [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]). Perhaps - [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] ([name_u]Alfie[/name_u]), [name_m]Richard[/name_m] ([name_u]Ricky[/name_u]), [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] ([name_f]Margot[/name_f]), [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] ([name_u]Alex[/name_u])

I like [name_f]Doriana[/name_f] as a possible middle name for a baby girl. It has both [name_f]Doria[/name_f] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] in it. So it would "kill two birds with one stone. I would like to see something totally different, but not way out for the royal baby.

Some possible first names are
[name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Hamish[/name_m], [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], [name_m]Martin[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] for a boy
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] for a girl.
Girls names are past royal names, Boys names are a mix of royal and Scottish names.

I don’t think they will choose unpopular Scottish name like [name_m]Hamish[/name_m] or [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], but I can see them using [name_m]David[/name_m] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].

[name_f]Melissa[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] - simple, nice, classy.

It’s interesting their mother’s names are close in a way I hope that’s honored in a way for a girl.

I actually like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] for a boy.

I could see [name_f]Mary[/name_f] used for a girl .

Since there’s a slim chance their kid will sit on the throne they are freer to choose are more unique name. The kids and grandkids of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]'s siblings have more unusual names than [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m]'s kids do. Maybe [name_f]Megan[/name_f] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m] will choose something from her mother’s side of the family.

Since baby’s due [name_f]April[/name_f] around [name_f]Easter[/name_f], I’m rooting for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]…