What would you name children today?

If you were to name children today of any gender combination, number (of children) and age order you chose, what would you name them? [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to state why if you wish

I would name mine (on the assumption my older cousins don’t nab the family names first :rofl:):
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] ([name_u]Rey[/name_u]) [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - Honouring my grandmothers
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] ([name_u]Kit[/name_u]) [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Lillia[/name_f] - Great-grandmothers, and a slight connection to a grandmother
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] ([name_f]Eva[/name_f]/Va) [name_f]Jen[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]- Frankenstein reference, great aunt, and from the myth of the minotaur
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (Seph/Sephie)[name_f]Verona[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]- The goddess, where [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is set, and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in wonderland
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Iorwerth[/name_m]- [name_f]My[/name_f] grandfathers
[name_m]Tiberius[/name_m] [name_m]Earnest[/name_m]- I really like the name [name_m]Tide[/name_m] (because it sounds like the welsh for grandfather, Taid, but tide is a bit of an odd name for a child, so I thought Tie could be short for [name_m]Tide[/name_m], then [name_m]Ti[/name_m], so then [name_m]Tiberius[/name_m], and if he didn’t like it he could always go by [name_m]Tide[/name_m] or his middle name. Middle name was great-uncle’s

I hope that’s got you thinking!!!
(Edit: I don’t plan on having 6 children so I guess I’ll just have to chose my favourites when the time comes)

4 Likes

I think today I’d have 2 girls called [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

4 Likes

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]

3 Likes

Like this second here are my choices, but my mind changes so fast😂

Twins - [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
Girl - [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
Boy - [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

3 Likes

If I got to use all my favorite names I’d have 6 kids, but irl I plan on not having six kids. The first three are my too names and haven’t changed in a while. The last three change pretty frequently but atm they would be…

Fergus [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”: [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is after my brother and [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is after my dad

Fraser [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] “[name_m]Frey[/name_m]”: [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] is after a character in a book, [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is for SO, and [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] is for my mom

Jemison [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] “[name_u]Jemmy[/name_u]”: Jemison is after [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Jemison, [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is after my best friend, [name_u]Louise[/name_u] is a family name

Twins:
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Finian[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]: [name_m]Finian[/name_m] is after a character in a book, [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is after one of my uncles
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathon[/name_m] [name_m]Koa[/name_m]: [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] is for my grandpa, [name_m]Jonathon[/name_m] is for one of my uncles, and [name_m]Koa[/name_m] is just a strong name

Remington [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] Hibiscus “[name_u]Remy[/name_u]”: [name_u]Remington[/name_u] honors my brother in a way, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] honors my mom, Hibiscus honors my grandma

3 Likes

I love these threads!

It’s so hard, because two of my favorites start w/an ‘E’, & I wouldn’t want to repeat initials. I guess I’ll do two boys & two girls for symmetry.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

[name_m]Ewan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_u]Asa[/name_u]

Phew, I did it! P, D, A & A are to honor family members. I got them in there & am very happy w/the combos. [name_m]Just[/name_m] sad that I didn’t use [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], because I used [name_m]Ewan[/name_m] instead. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is kind of popular anyway. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is very hard, but I know I’d probably like four children – nice and even. To keep it even, I’ll go with two boys and two girls. Using my top names, which I’m most likely to use irl, they’d be:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], & [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

It’s always sad to think about not being able to use certain favorites, though. And it’ll be interesting to see what names I actually do get to use in the not-too-far-off future! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I created an entire flow chart for how many kids I will have based on the order of their genders :joy:! For some reason, I want my youngest to be a girl, and just a few days ago, I wanted my oldest to be a girl, but now I don’t really care. But if my first kid is a boy, I will wait four years to have another kid because that seems like a good distance for an older brother, and if my first kid is a girl, I will wait three years to have another kid, because that’s good for an older sister. But anyway, it would depend on the style of names that I would go for and the number of kids.

If I had 2 kids; a boy and then a girl:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] Wildrose “[name_u]Olly[/name_u] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f]”

If I had two boys:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Night[/name_u]

If I had boy, boy, girl:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Night[/name_u], and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] Wildrose

If I had three boys:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]Night[/name_u], and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]

If I had 2 girls:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Wildrose and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]

If I had a boy and 2 girls:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Wildrose, and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]

If I had three girls:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_u]Scout[/name_u] (?), and [name_f]Nell[/name_f]”
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Wildrose, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

There’s no way I’m having more than three kids, so yeah! That’s it! This will probably all have changed in like one hour but…

6 Likes

I totally agree, the combinations would probably depend on the naming, its kinda cool you made a flow chart, I might have to do that!
Those are all beautiful names!
I reckon I’d like 2/3 (maybe 4) kids, the combination id like most is probably either girl/girl girl/girl/girl girl/girl/boy or girl/girl/girl/boy. I just think there are more girls names I love :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I can relate so much to the fact that this will all change in probably 10 mins but hey ho! I have my heart set on having 3 children (boy, girl, girl) and the 1st girl being only 1 year younger than the boy and the youngest girl being alot younger maybe 11 years or so younger than the boy. There are so many girls names I love so I’ll name a few:

I love the name [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and adore [name_f]Grace[/name_f] for middle name as it fits perfectly with any name

top 10 (very hard to choose!) but:

Chloe
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Taisiya[/name_f]
[name_u]Haydn[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilee[/name_f]

What are your thoughts…which one’s your favourite (:

1 Like

(This is really funny because that’s exactly what my mum’s family is like, she’s the youngest of 3, with and older brother and an older sister, and she is 11 years younger than her brother :rofl:)
I think:
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] (my friend is called this and she goes by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
are my favourites

1 Like

Okay, I love so many names it’s hard to choose from! [name_f]My[/name_f] dream is 9 kids or more, reality is probably five (if I’m lucky). So, I’ll do six.
1 girl, 5 boys:
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], [name_m]Lew[/name_m], Raining, Thunderstorm & Luvender
2 girls, 4 boys
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], Raining, Thunderstorm & Luvender
3 girls, 3 boys
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], Raining & Luvender
4 girls, 2 boys
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] & Raining
5 girls & 1 boy
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_f]Laura[/name_f] & [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]…
It’s all going to change in five minutes, but this is what I like right now.

2 Likes

I love this. I would love to have 4, with the possibility of adopting 2 more. Whether I have that many would be a different story. [name_f]My[/name_f] ideal would be to have an even split of girls and boys, I know it may not happen. If that’s the case, I would love the first 4 to be an even split and the last 2 would be whatever genders we are blessed with (yep, wishful thinking). [name_f]My[/name_f] ideal order for the first 4 would be G, B and then B/G twins. I’m still up in the air on how to honor 3 specific people, so I created an option for each direction. Here we go with my ideal order, but (as with everyone else) the names may change in the future.

1st 4 Kids - Option 1

1. G: [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Orestina
  2. B: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]
  3. B: [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Bay[/name_u] (twin)
  4. G: [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] [name_u]Alani[/name_u] (twin)

1st 4 Kids - Option 2

1. G: [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f] or [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_u]Alani[/name_u] [name_f]Maris[/name_f]
  2. B: [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
  3. B: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] (twin)
  4. G: [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] [name_u]Alani[/name_u] or [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] (twin)

Babies 5 & 6

• B/B
  1. Sebastian [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Bay[/name_u] or [name_u]Jamison[/name_u] [name_m]Donald[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
  2. Jamison [name_m]Donald[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] or [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
  • B/G (not in any particular order)
  1. Sebastian [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_u]Bay[/name_u] or [name_u]Jamison[/name_u] [name_m]Donald[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
  2. Amelia [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Blu[/name_u]
  • G/G
  1. Amelia [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Blu[/name_u]
  2. Yara [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Rosewood or [name_u]Indra[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Dysis
1 Like

I would like 5 kids (two boys three girls) but realistically I will probably have 4 (2 of each) but who cares about being realistic :slight_smile:
(in order by age)
[name_u]Cato[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_f]Mallorie[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much decided that if I ever have daughters I’ll name them [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] (this name has a lot of meaning to me) and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (I’ve liked this name for a few years now).
I can’t seem to decide what I’d name my sons, so hopefully I’ll just have daughters when I have kids :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] answer to this question changes everyday dependant on the current “energy” I feel from the universe.

Right now I feel feminine energy, and feminine simplicity at that. Therefore I’d go with my classic name loves for girls, [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. I probably need to get more original at this point I say those two everywhere I love them so much :heart_eyes::sweat_smile:
Perhaps I’d consider one of my newer loves though, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_u]Romilly[/name_u]… Or something like that. :heartpulse::two_hearts::sparkles::sunny:

2 Likes

I know an [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and it’s a beautiful name!

1 Like

Totally :rofl:

Today i am feeling masculine with a pop of feminine:
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
and
[name_f]Elissa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t have this many children in real life but these are all my favourite names at the moment:

Girls:

• Matilda [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] ‘Rosie
  • Edith [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f] ‘Edie
  • Beatrix [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ‘Bee
  • Miriam [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
  • Evelyn [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
  • Helena [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] ‘Nellie

Boys:

• Arthur [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] ‘Remy
  • Edmund [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] ‘Percy
3 Likes