What would you name your own twin

If you had a twin girl or twin boy (can be triples as well you decide)
What would you like their names to be?

I (Mariana) would want them to be: Lourenço if it was a boy and Liliana/ Gabriela if it was a girl

7 Likes

So I’m [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and I would name my twin sister [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] work nicely together, my mum loves [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and it was my beloved Grandmas name. I think [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be pretty.

I would name my twin brother [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum loves [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] as do I and I think [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] stylistically works with [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] would be great.

2 Likes

I feel I can answer this quite well as I AM a twin! (we were 80s babies and our name were pretty popular back then). I am [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] and she is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Megan[/name_f].

If I were to chose my twins name now without any influence - a boy would be [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] nn [name_m]Will[/name_m] or [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] nn [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] and a girl would be [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]

3 Likes

Okay so my first name is [name_f]Jane[/name_f] with the middle being [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I feel like a female twin that would go best with my name is [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
If my hypothetical twin was male I would say he should be called [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_m]Nate[/name_m], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] eldest brother [name_u]James[/name_u] (Jamie) feels like the natural twin for me. I know so many other pairs of siblings called [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u]! I also think my husband’s name works well with mine: [name_u]Max[/name_u].

2 Likes

Good question! Maybe something like…

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and… [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

or

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and… [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

1 Like

My name is Ananya and if I had a female twin, I think her name would be Anjali or Shreya (if she was older than me, because ‘Anjali and Ananya’ and ‘Shreya and Ananya’ flow much better than if my name were to be said first in both combinations and most people I know who are twins are referred to by the older one’s name before the younger’s). If she was younger than me, her name would probably be Amaira. I think the names Anisha and Alisha (including spelling variations of the two) could work whether I was the younger or older twin.

If my twin was male and older than me, his name would be Ayaan or Aarush (the latter of which is actually my younger brother’s name). In fact, it would probably still be either one of those if he was younger than me because I can’t think of any boys’ names that sound good coming after my name (aside from Aditya, which would work equally well before or after my name).

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first name is so short and fits with multiple decades.
This is such a good topic to think about but I do not know. I wish someone else would come up with a twin for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] (not my actual name but similarly boring lol)

I think these names fit with mine but I’m not in love with them aesthetically. I might have to come back and pick something better.

[name_f]Briana[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

[name_u]Jordan[/name_u] [name_m]Titus[/name_m]

1 Like

For a twin sister, I think either [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] or [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] would work.

For a brother, I think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] or [name_m]Graham[/name_m]!

1 Like

With my real name, I think [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] would’ve been a lovely twin name!

2 Likes

hmm…if i was really called may i’d name my twin frank or sabine!

for my real name, maybe nora or peter?

2 Likes

fun fact: i do have a little sister, but if my parents had another daughter, she would have been [name_f]Liesl[/name_f], which i think goes very well with me and my sisters names. so if i had a twin sister, and going with my real name, i think [name_f]Lisel[/name_f] would have been a perfect name for her.

for a twin brother with my real name, i think callum or lionel would have been a really good fit! i’d probably choose lionel

with hallie, probably minna and daniel!

1 Like

I actually have a twin brother, so I don’t have much of a choice, do I? :laughing: [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f], my twin brother is [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]. I like the way our names sound together, but the difference in popularity bothers me a little. [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] was one of the most popular names where we were born (I’m guessing top 20 at least) while [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f] was and is very uncommon.

But if I could chose something else for my twin:

[name_m]Ragnar[/name_m]
[name_m]Hanno[/name_m]
Flórent
Vignir

or for a twin sister

[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
Mariola
Lísabet

2 Likes

So I am Ruby Imogen so if it was a twin girl I would probably go Lucy Isobel. They share the 3 syllable, starting with I middle name and Ruby and Lucy sound nice together.

For a boy twin I would go Phoenix. The name Phoenix means dark red so we would both have a colour name without Phoenix being obvious. For the middle name my parents live the names Ellis and Dylan (as do I) so I would probably go Dylan. Phoenix Dylan sounds cool in my opinion.
Together the names aren’t too matchy but sound nice together:

Ruby and Lucy
Ruby and Phoenix

1 Like

Since my name is [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and I was a 90s baby, I think a good girl twin name would be [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] or [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]! For boys, maybe [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_u]Jordan[/name_u].

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] & [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] & [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] & [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] & [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] younger sister is only 13 months younger than me, other than the fact that people think we’re twins (idk how we don’t look very similar) we feel like twins, and her name also goes super well with mine, plus it’s unisex so if she were a boy it would go just as well. If I had to pick a twin name completely based of my name though-

Girl twin- [name_u]Lior[/name_u], [name_f]Thallo[/name_f], [name_u]Caro[/name_u]
Boy twin- [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_m]Zsolt[/name_m], [name_u]Zion[/name_u]

1 Like

my name is [name_f]Julia[/name_f], with a classic middle. i have a brother named [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and i think our names go very well together!! if i had to pick a twin girl name probably [name_f]Nora[/name_f]!

1 Like

This is a really cute game!

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Angela[/name_f] Stéphanie, i think my twin would’ve been called [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Joanne[/name_f] or [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

But without any influence from my parents I would name my own twin [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m].

1 Like

Hmm, if I base this on the naming pattern that my parents gave me: First name is after a video game character my dad liked, first middle is an honor name, and second middle is just a name my mom liked.

So if I had a twin sister she’d likely be Aeris Kylynn Samantha, and if I had a twin brother he’d be Aloysius James Miguel. Though my mom would never agree to Aloysius… Maybe Cloud or Locke instead. Locke & Celes would be rather Romeo & Juliet though. I’m not sure about the boy’s name!

Having Aeris & Celes would be quite cool though!

2 Likes

I asked my mum haha. She said that if she had GG twins, we would be [name_f]Taisiya[/name_f] (me) & [name_f]Zlata[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Ulyana[/name_f] & [name_f]Yana[/name_f] if she wanted to match.

I think [name_f]Taisiya[/name_f] & [name_f]Zlata[/name_f] is really nice. We didn’t talk about my imaginary twin brother but if it was for me, I would name him [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u] ( [name_f]Tasya[/name_f] and Kostya!!! ) or Alexey, which is my real brother’s name.

3 Likes