What's the max amount of births you'd want happening at a time?

In other words if you were to choose the amount of babies to be growing in the pregnancy, what would be the maximum number, you would want to have all at once?

I personally would cap at quadruplets.

I have twins. I can tell you from experience that two is more than enough. The whole idea of having multiples gets romanticized a lot, but it’s not a walk in the park.

15 Likes

Personally none at all :grin: but if I had to, one

1 Like

I’d only like to have one child, although if I had to choose more I’d go with twins. That’s the most I can handle lol.

I would definitely cap it off at twins if I had the choice, but I also wouldn’t intervene if I happened to become pregnant with more. Multiples are much more risky to carry, so I wouldn’t prefer it.

3 Likes

i don’t have any kids yet, but from the way my mom talks about her pregnancy with my brother and i (we’re twins), i feel like two would be my limit. because just like @may.rose mentioned, multiples are quite risky :smiling_face:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind twins or triplets but, as aforementioned, the risks associated would make me cap it at triplets and that’s only if I could know I would have a completely healthy pregnancy.

More than that at once would be chaos.

I’d prefer just one baby at once - one baby is stressful, let alone multiple! Though, I really would like to have a big family and I love the idea of twins. Perhaps if it were my 3rd or 4th pregnancy! :sparkling_heart:

I had twins as my first pregnancy. After having a singleton as my second pregnancy, I can say that I really think it’s better for humans to have one baby at a time.
I wouldn’t change anything obviously and I think I’m truly blessed to have twins, but if I’m honest it was so much harder during both pregnancy and newborn stage. The stress level and bonding experience is just so very different than with a singleton.

I can’t even imagine having triplets or more but I don’t think that’s something I’d wish for. The more babies you have at a time the more chance that something goes wrong for one or more of them during pregnancy. Also, the more likely you’ll have preterm births.
It’s just a lot…I would not want to go above twins. Twins are definitely a special experience though :blush:

7 Likes

So when we’re saying “cap” I’m just going off of preferences… in no way would I terminate if [name_m]God[/name_m] had other plans….

But that being said, if you asked me even a couple years ago I would have said twins… but now I’m good with just one. Age. Birth preferences. Parenting preferences- things like homeschooling. Co-sleeping, extended nursing, etc, plus the amount of kids I already have… one is likely the best for me to handle at a time!

3 Likes

I think one is plenty at a time :grimacing:

One, a thousand percent.

Twins and triplets run in my family and I, years ago, loved the idea of having multiples.

Then I saw my newborn, premature twin nephews in the NICU. I know multiples can be born healthy and singletons can have complications- there’s so much nuance here- but there’s also so much more to the situation than just cute babies and matching outfits.

4 Likes

None. But if I had one, I would order a Cesarian beforehand.

1 Like

Realistically just one at a time. Maximum two. Although since I don’t have twin genes I doubt I’d have any.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] seeing how big a pregnant belly with triplets or more already scares me, tbh. And that’s before we even talk about how risky it is.

2 Likes

I think one is largely enough. Twins can happen and if they do, well, so be it. But ideally, one.

I’d cap at twins! Twins would be a lot of work, and I’m relieved when I’m not having twins, but I think twins would have its perks :slight_smile: I think the struggles:perks ratio goes up with each one (i.e. triplets has a higher struggles:perks ratio than twins), so each one would become significantly less exciting :sweat_smile:

I’ve been having dreams all year about having twins. But if I had any control over it that would be my cap.

1 Like

Two… and that sounds incredibly hard. Not sure what I’d do if I ever found myself pregnant with more than two at once. :sweat_smile:

Ideally one, but certainly no more than two. Carrying, delivering, and then caring for newborn twins is something I would do if it worked out that way, but my preference would be to have one at a time in terms of both risk and then difficulty of care when they are little.

1 Like

So I have twins, and while I love both of my children, my twin pregnancy was one of the hardest things my body ever experienced. For the first 16 weeks I puked 9-10 times a day and lost almost 10 lbs. Then at 24 weeks I started having strong [name_u]Braxton[/name_u] hicks contractions. At 32 weeks I left work because I was so large and uncomfortable I couldn’t do my labor intensive job anymore. I was also still contracting. I also started seeing the doctors 3 times a week for non-stress tests and appointments plus a weekly ultrasound. 34 weeks I was sent to labor and delivery and sent home for the number of contractions I had during my non-stress test. 36 weeks my water broke and I had a C-section.

Then taking premature twins including one that was 4lbs 11 oz home and dealing with twin newborns who because of their low birth weight had to feed every 3 hours on a schedule for 6 weeks. Then going back to work at 8 weeks pp. [name_u]Truly[/name_u] until they were 8 months I don’t think I slept more than 5 hours a night. Broken 5 hours.

The human body was made to have 1 baby at a time.

2 Likes