Where did your username come from?

It’s my name and favorite number. I’d love to change it, but I’ve been here for 10 years (11 years in [name_u]August[/name_u]) so it makes no sense to change it now.

2 Likes

@moonstone the imagery is really cool!

@acajou I have always wondered where yours came from! Very fun!

@elanorelle that’s such a fun story behind it! And elanorelle is so cute

@choupette I think your username is very cool and the meaning behind it is really nice

@Ashleyann8 I think that’s a cool story behind it, and a fun way to represent yourself

@emelfem your username is really unique and the story is very fun!

@jessicajanex17 yeah it might be a little late to change it but I think it’s a nice username for you!

6 Likes

Literally me. MG are my initials, and 1257 are the numeric form of… my initials. I know, so creative. :unamused:

I would change it, but I feel like it might be confusing for other users at this point.

5 Likes

I guess it shows how creative everyone becomes after joining nameberry :woman_shrugging:t2:

But I do like your username

6 Likes

Thanks. I have usernames on other sites that I like much better. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite it “may sunflower.” If I could change it on here, that’s what it would be. [name_f]May[/name_f] is my nickname, and sunflower is for the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Styles[/name_m] song (it also just sounds nice!)

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I like the imagery and the fact that it still is a part of you, but still a little different.

1 Like

Mine is actually two puns.
[name_f]My[/name_f] dad always joked about naming a daughter [name_f]Wanda[/name_f] because it makes a word with our surname. So I started using that as my online alias. Wandarine comes from a joke about a wandering mandarin, like “which citrus fruit likes to go hiking?” (works better in [name_m]German[/name_m]).

@katinka I love your username! As a kid I believed I made up the name [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] because I thought no actual name could be that perfect :sweat_smile: Me and my cousin would play-pretend to be twins named [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] and [name_f]Katara[/name_f] sometimes.

10 Likes

Oh, that’s really fun! [name_u]Love[/name_u] how it combines 2 different things.

Also love how you thought you made up [name_f]Katinka[/name_f]! I feel like as I kid I thought I made up so many names (that already existed, I just didn’t know :joy:)

4 Likes

Adorable! I love yours too :blush:

1 Like

My username:
Mayhem because I am pretty chaotic lol
Miss so people don’t mistake me for a boy
I thought Miss Mayhem sounded cool
So yeah.

3 Likes

I originally signed up with a variant of my Chinese name (which I use for most everything) but I mis-entered my email (oops) so never got that account confirmed! I entered my real email with this username, just off the top of my head. but [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] is queen so it really worked out :sweat_smile: besides the fact everyone sees me as ‘the [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women superfan’!

11 Likes

I like the alliteration!

1 Like

Wow, that’s quite the story! And yes, [name_u]Jo[/name_u] is pretty cool!

1 Like

[name_u]Sky[/name_u] is a pseudonym that I used to use online, and I figured I would probably use it on here too. When I signed up, I was playing around with words and phrases that had [name_u]Sky[/name_u] in them, and floatinthesky just stuck.

[name_m]Alas[/name_m], I never actually went by [name_u]Sky[/name_u], and given that my real name is [name_f]Leanne[/name_f], my username doesn’t really mean anything. But the imagery is nice, and I feel like it’s just me now, it would be weird to be called anything else. Though sometimes I wish I came up with something cooler. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I think it’s very cool!

3 Likes

I had just gone to Alaksa the summer before I made the account and was obbsessed with [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]. So, I decided to go with the [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] abbreviation AK and add girl to it.

2 Likes

I drift off into my own thoughts a lot, and I love drifting along in the water’s current, so it’s a nice connotation.

The words Drift and Driftwood also hold great significance to me, so I like that I can incorporate them into my username as well. It just feels more me.

4 Likes

Your username is so cool and definitely seems to fit you!

1 Like

Alaska seems like a very cool place and a nice way to add a cool aspect to your username!

This is so amazing! And it’s so you, too. What a great story behind it

1 Like