Where did your username come from?

There’s a couple of reasons that I picked the name Theodora_Phoenix.

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] were my two favorite names at the time.
Also, it was meant to vaguely sound like “The Order of the [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]” since I had just gotten into [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and that was the book which I was currently reading.

Same, and they were almost all really obvious ones! [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], just to name a few. I also thought that I was very original for coming up with [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] as a name. I knew about the bird and the city in [name_f]Arizona[/name_f], but somehow I never realized that it was in the US top 1000 for boys and girls, and had been in use for years.
I also didn’t realize that pretty much any positive word has had some use as a name.
I thought I was being so creative for using names like [name_f]Treasure[/name_f], [name_u]Wisdom[/name_u], [name_f]Heavenly[/name_f], etc.

I guess it just shows how much we learn as we grow older!

I think it sounds cool!

3 Likes

I never even realized the connection to [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] but now I can’t unsee it :joy::joy:

I love your username though

3 Likes

Thanks!
I’ve had other people tell me the same thing. It was intentional on my part, though. Since this was a site about names, I wanted a username that sounded like an actual name.

But more importantly, I wanted to make the connection more subtle just in case I outgrew [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] Well, I’m still a big fan. But as I’ve grown older, I came to like other things as well. So I still like HP, it’s just not constantly on my mind like it was back then.

I’ve had plenty of cringey fandom-related usernames on other sites (such as HylianGamerGirl, D0ct0rWh04ever and SeverusSnape394) and wanted to avoid doing that in the future. :rofl:

3 Likes

I have literally the most boring username on NB, hands down. It was just a name I liked, and easy to remember. Plus, I guess it could actually work as a nickname? Of all the creativity I posses, this was the result.

3 Likes

I think it’s actually kinda clever, especially since it could be a nickname for your own name!

1 Like

Well I was 14 at the time and [name_m]Kipper[/name_m] was my pet rat, and [name_u]Bo[/name_u] was my hamster. And then idk why the 1. I do wish I had a more namey username, but I was a baby so I can’t expect much lol.

4 Likes

Haha, I guess it shows how creative we become as we get older!

1 Like

I chose my name after my favorite breakfast food, which is breakfast tacos, and I must have been feisty that day because I turned it into a command

3 Likes

Yes, but it also turned into a perfect username :))

I love breakfast tacos :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hahaha, that’s really clever (and commanding :wink:)

1 Like

Kind of a play on Hello [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] since [name_u]Banjo[/name_u] is my cat. I also enjoy the rhyme.

6 Likes

Yeah the rhyme is really cool! I like it

@Ellory I really like yours! Ellory is such a cool name.

2 Likes

Mine is “justanothernamenerd” because I’m terrible at making decisions and had no idea what else to put.

5 Likes

Well, I guess it’s accurate since we’re all name nerds here :joy:

It’s funny how some people were very creative in the beginning with their usernames and some just were spur of the moment choices

6 Likes

Lois is just a name that always pops into my head for myself. [name_f]Lois[/name_f] was already taken so I added [name_u]Lyn[/name_u], my real middle name. Wish I’d come up with something better to go with [name_f]Lois[/name_f]… oh, well.

Also, my profile picture is my cat [name_f]Cookie[/name_f]. Named by my daughter from the book [name_f]Cookie[/name_f]’s Week.

2 Likes

That’s really cool! I love how personal it is to you

1 Like

mine is my first name, my middle name, and my birth year (I am 13)

3 Likes

Wow a youngin’ :joy: I like your username though :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, I lied about my age for a while :upside_down_face: (I’ve already talked to katinka about it and it’s all good!)

1 Like