Which name is prettier? quick poll!

See the results of this poll: Which name do you think is prettier?

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Clementine Margaret Rose: 21 (44%)
  • Evangeline Florence Kate: 27 (56%)

I think they’re both beautiful names, but [name]Evangeline[/name] is one of my favorite names. :slight_smile: But goodness, what gorgeous names!

I think they’re too similar to use as sisters, even with the difference in pronunciation een v ine.

I don’t think they’re at all too similar to use together! They’re totally different names with different feels and sounds.

I voted for [name]Evangeline[/name] as the “prettier” name but to be honest I love them both and [name]Clementine[/name] is actually probably my favourite of the two. I love the combos, especially [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - it flows so well :slight_smile: [name]Do[/name] the middles have personal meaning? Because the only one thing I would say is that to me, [name]Clementine[/name] has a more vintage, homely feel than [name]Evangeline[/name] which has a princessy feel, so perhaps to balance it out you could use some lighter, airier feeling middles for Clemetine - if that makes sense?

E.G.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - that’s just an example and obviously you could subsititute for names you prefer, but to me those two names have an equal amount of vintage and princess and seem balanced :slight_smile:

The combos you already have are gorgeous though!

I couldn’t vote! They are both GORGEOUS!

When your first daughter arrives take a good long look and pick her name, use the one that wasn’t right for this baby girl for the next one!

Seriously, I can’t choose!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

Thanks for the replies! looks like [name]Evangeline[/name] is winning out. We are having twins (don’t know the sexes) and want to use one of those names if we have a girl. My husband is really pushing for [name]Evangeline[/name] and I have been pushing for [name]Clementine[/name], although I do love both. So he said " Why not use both if we have two girls?" and I at first thought the names were too similar but when I thought about it they actually sound pretty different. They just look kind of similar! Any other opinions on whether or not they make a bad match as even just siblings? Because we definitely plan on having more kids in the next few years :slight_smile:

I agree with your husband, use both! I love the [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name] combo and adore [name]Kate[/name] plus the first names, in particular [name]Clementine[/name] are beautiful.

Would you consider [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Clemence[/name] instead of [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name]? It’s a more sophisticated, elegant name than [name]Clementine[/name], which is sassy and sweet, but they share qualities, too. Overall, the set of [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Clemence[/name] gives off a very feminine, strong, stately feel to it, which I love.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] [name]Kate[/name] are great - I am remembering those correctly, right? If you went with [name]Clemence[/name], you could do something like [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], which combines elements of [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], and [name]Clemence[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Cate[/name], which combines elements of [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a thought…

Thanks for the replies! I like the idea of [name]Clemence[/name] but for some reason it sounds very masculine to me, and I am not sure why! I vastly prefer [name]Clementine[/name], although I can see how [name]Clemence[/name] would make a better pair with [name]Evangeline[/name]. I guess what I’m asking is while I know [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] don’t make the best sib sets in the world, do you think they are doable?

These are our two favorite names and I would hate to feel like I have to give one up. We have toyed with [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] (which we still might use) but we haven’t been able to find a name we like better than [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] and it is unfortunate that other names that pair so much more nicely with them we just can’t agree on. There has to be other people that have been in these shoes!

If you love [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] then this is the key. We like them and you like them, you have a good sibset, it’s settled, isn’t it?

However, I do really love [name]Adelaide[/name]; do you think it may fit for a future daughter?

PS I wouldn’t use [name]Ramona[/name] even though I love my [name]Ramon[/name]. I think it is the moan part that disturbs me. If I had to pick two names say [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] it would be the happiness of [name]Joy[/name] versus the moaning of [name]Ramona[/name] that would win me over, but that is just my opinion.

Oh, [name]Rollo[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] is lovely, so very much a great sister for [name]Clementine[/name].

I mean, [name]Evangeline[/name]'s my favorite. I love that name, and I think it is utterly perfect. I’m so-so on [name]Clementine[/name], I’m so-so on the thought of [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] as sisters, but I’m excited by the fact that it would allow you both to use your favorite names, together. So, in that respect, I wouldn’t want to hold you back at all.

Thanks again for the replies :slight_smile:

We love [name]Adelaide[/name] as well, but unsure of how much we like the nickname [name]Heidi[/name] with [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Emmy[/name]. [name]Adelaide[/name] is still high on our list though :slight_smile: [name]Do[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] make a great sibset you think? Or is it more fitting with [name]Clementine[/name]?

I am also worried about the popularity of [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] has hit its peak since Lost is over now or do you guys think its going to continue to climb the charts? Ditto [name]Adelaide[/name].

Would you consider [name]Addie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Adelaide[/name]? Most people might find that to be more natural than [name]Heidi[/name], even though [name]Adelheid[/name] “[name]Heidi[/name]” is how it should be, or so some say. [name]Addie[/name] is cute! I think [name]Adelaide[/name] is best with [name]Clementine[/name], but perhaps something more streamlined and romantic like [name]Adelina[/name] would work with [name]Evangeline[/name]? That opens up your nickname potential as well.

Popularity. I think [name]Adelaide[/name] is creeping into hipster territory, but names like [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Tallulah[/name] are more hipster to me. [name]Adelaide[/name] is like [name]Ramona[/name], a cool vintage name that is sure to climb, but I think [name]Adeline[/name] might climb further because of that -line ending. [name]Evangeline[/name] is a really great alternative to [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Ava[/name], so I doubt she’s gone, but I don’t think she’ll be too, too popular. Either would be a safe choice in my opinion!

[name]Lemon[/name]

Actually, I decided I really don’t care for [name]Adeline[/name] or [name]Adelina[/name] with [name]Evangeline[/name] - too similar. [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Adela[/name], though, are gorgeous. [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Ada[/name]? [name]Lovely[/name] vintage names.

Although it was so difficult, I finally voted for [name]Evangeline[/name] over [name]Clementine[/name]. If you love one and your husband loves another, then by all means, use them both. Although they ending is similar, the way you’ll pronounce them is different so go for it! Your middle name combinations [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] [name]Kate[/name] are gorgeous! Good luck!

I have been thinking again

1. Did you like the suggestion of [name]Della[/name] as a nn for [name]Adelaide[/name]?

2. Although it may seem a little themey I like [name]Caesar[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] would be superb with the girl’s names.

rollo

I voted [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. It’s not even close for me.

I think the pair works OK for twins, although [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] feel like different types of names to me, although they are both long, lyrical and very feminine names. [name]Clementine[/name] feels more spunky and hipster, whereas [name]Evangeline[/name] is romantic and flowery.

@ [name]Lemon[/name] thanks for the suggestion of [name]Adela[/name]- that is one I haven’t heard and I really like it! DH likes it too and thats rare for us :slight_smile: I love the nickname [name]Ada[/name] but am afraid to use it because if we have a boy he might go by [name]Asa[/name] and those two names are very similar. I still think I like the full [name]Adelaide[/name] better though…hmmm… I have to think about that!

@[name]Rollo[/name]- I think the nickname [name]Della[/name] is adorable but husband isn’t as enthusiastic. He likes the nickname [name]Heidi[/name] for [name]Adelaide[/name] and that is the one we would probably use if we went with the name, even though it isn’t as intuitive as some other nicknames.

I think I mentioned this in another post but other than [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name], we both really like [name]Hermione[/name] but I don’t know if that goes with either of the names at all… I’m not even quite sure how to classify the name [name]Hermione[/name]… spunky? mythological? I don’t really know!

I’m glad you and your husband like [name]Adela[/name], as I think she’s great with [name]Evangeline[/name], but I see your issue with [name]Ada[/name] as a nickname. Would [name]Addie[/name] work? Or [name]Del[/name] or Dela? I know you said your husband wasn’t as enthused with [name]Della[/name] as you were, but you can use different nicknames, maybe Dela for you and [name]Addie[/name] for him…

I still think [name]Adelaide[/name] - [name]Addie[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], Lady, whatever! - and [name]Clementine[/name] - [name]Emmy[/name] - are great together, so I guess it is just a matter of thinking about which you like most, right?

And, I think, of your names, [name]Hermione[/name] goes best with [name]Evangeline[/name], but I always run into nickname issues with [name]Hermione[/name] - Hermy isn’t that cute, and [name]Mini[/name] might work, or even [name]Mia[/name]? I think [name]Hermione[/name]'s perfect twin would be [name]Imogen[/name]. [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] - [name]Gen[/name] and [name]Mia[/name].