Which names do you like with this set?

I love [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f], [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] & [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] with Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] and Freyja but they feel more ‘normal’ than your daughters names. That could just be because I’m from the UK and know people with these names, if they’re unusual where you live I think they’d also be lovely with you sibset. Would you consider [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] or [name_f]Gaia[/name_f]?

I love love love [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] - so fresh and lovely :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] would all be gorgeous with your other girls’ names. I like [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but it’s been used quite a bit over here so the shine has worn off a bit for me personally.

Purely going by sibling names, I would give 10 votes to [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]. Azula, [name_f]Indira[/name_f], and [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] would be an incredible sib set! Strong names with an air of enchantment. The names themselves are not only unusual, but they contain unexpected sounds as well. [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] would be almost as equally awesome as [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f].

My second and third choices from your list as sisters for Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f] would be [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f] and [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], also for their bewitching and commanding qualities.

Finally, I do quite like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] (better than [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], [name_f]IMO[/name_f]) and Freyja, but for some reason they don’t fit in as well with your other girls - it’s hard for me to pinpoint why. Maybe they feel a bit more airy, more gossamer? They’re very lovely names though and I think they would fit in just fine, so you shouldn’t have any qualms, especially if Freyja is your favorite!

With your girls’ names, the [name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]/[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] group feels like the best fit to me - zesty, lively and unusual but they don’t sound like your daughters’ names and they feel very wearable to me.

I also like [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] a lot - a totally different direction but I think it would work.

A lot of very interesting names here. The one that I think goes best with your daughters is [name_f]Alanis[/name_f]. Azula, [name_f]Indira[/name_f], and [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] sound great together!.

I also like Rowenna and [name_f]Niamh[/name_f].

I love your name choices. Whatever you guys pick will be great because your girls both have beautiful names. [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] definitely gets my #1 vote! I think it’s perfect with your other girls and it’s simply an awesome name. Then [name_f]Olivine[/name_f], just because it’s so different yet familiar. It’s pretty, has good nn possibilities and I like that it starts with a different vowel. I love the name [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], it’s very sweet.

My favourites are [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], Freyja, [name_f]Calanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f], but personally, I think [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] is my absolute favourite! :slight_smile:

My favorites are:
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f]
[name_f]Alanis[/name_f]
[name_f]Phaedra[/name_f]

My favorites are [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], Freyja, [name_f]Phaedra[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f].

I feel like as far as the -the names go, I like pronounciations that sound like ____thee over ___thuh.

What do you think?

Does anyone have any other suggestions or anything? Or maybe I should pick a couple faves & move on to middles?

I think that with Azula & [name_f]Indira[/name_f] as her sisters, [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], Freyja or [name_f]Ravenna[/name_f] would work beautifully. I think too, that with the two light and airy initials A and I, an E works best, in which case [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] or [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] would work best. I think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]'s my personal favourite - Azula, [name_f]Indira[/name_f] & [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]!

Re: Freyja. Can I just say reading through this thread that I’ve been kind of put off a little with my Freyja due to the factor of it being spelled other ways three different times throughout the replies? Sure, it might be auto-correct or just that the [name_f]Freya[/name_f] spelling is more common/known/automatic, but that kind of bothers me a bit as I like Freyja far more than [name_f]Freya[/name_f] myself (what about you)? I think it’s just made me slot my Freyja back into definite middle name territory for me, which is fine, she’ll make a great middle.

My votes are for [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]!

Alright, I’ve started a second thread focusing on finding the right middles for Freyja, since that was my favourite to begin with and I was only holding back because I expected it to get a lot of downvotes.

I’m thinking Freyja [name_f]Luna[/name_f] _____? So feel free to head over & give some input.

I love both spellings for Freyja, but I prefer the J because I feel like if you are gonna use the name of a goddess, you might as well commit! It would maybe bother me more on a day-to-day basis in real life but I really don’t imagine having to explain every day how to spell it anyway so it’s not a huge worry.

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] as well - I even had a dream when I was pregnant with [name_f]Indira[/name_f] that we had a girl & named her [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. [name_u]Corey[/name_u] prefers Freyja, though, of the two, which is why I’m focusing in that direction for middles. I do like the idea of using another vowel but also [name_u]Corey[/name_u]'s FAVOURITE boys name starts with an E so if we ever have a boy that letter is probably covered.

I picked [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]/[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] because
a. Some other names are too unusual/fancy/long so stick out (eg. [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f])
b. Some other names are too familiar/short/plain so stick out (eg. [name_f]Niamh[/name_f])
c. The names that I haven’t eliminated yet, were eliminated here because I love the idea of [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] because it starts with a vowel (and it is a different vowel)

I think my favourite name with Azula and [name_f]Indira[/name_f] is the equally ethereal [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]. My second and third choices are [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f]. I love some of the other names on your poll but I’m not liking them with your daughters. If you want to break the pattern of choosing a name ending in “a”, I would vote for [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f].

I absolutely love [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], and think that’s the best out of all the choices with my second favorite being Elowyn. So pretty.