Which one - winner is name

My husband and I have a young daughter named [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Geneva[/name].

We made a choice before [name]Matilda[/name] was born to name our kids after loved ones who have gone before us and the city in which they were conceived.

We are currently expecting our second child in [name]May[/name] and have narrowed it down to two choices for girls and boys.

Which name goes best with [name]Matilda[/name] (we don’t use nicknames)?

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Austin[/name] (my pick)
[name]Bernadette[/name] [name]Austin[/name] (hubbys pick)

[name]Alistair[/name] [name]Austin[/name] (hubbys pick)
[name]Walter[/name] [name]Austin[/name] (my pick)

We have posed this to people at our offices and amongst our friends. Including these votes, which ever name is the highest for each gender wins.

I do love [name]Eloise[/name], but my vote is for [name]Bernadette[/name]. It’s just so mich more sassy and fun, and also much more original.

For a boy, my vote is for [name]Walter[/name]. It’s a relatively safe choice, but [name]Alistair[/name] feels a little too whimsical for a grown man, in my opinion.

I think [name]Eloise[/name] goes better with [name]Matilda[/name], although both are lovely options! As for boys, [name]Walter[/name] seems very old fashioned. I went to school in [name]England[/name] and fell head over heels in love with the name [name]Alistair[/name], where lots of men go by the nickname [name]Ali[/name] even as an adult. My vote is for [name]Alistair[/name]! :slight_smile: Can’t wait to hear!

I vote for [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are great names, and go perfectly with [name]Matilda[/name]!

One thing to think about: If you use [name]Eloise[/name] you probably can’t use [name]Alistair[/name] in the future and vice versa. They’re very similar sounding and make a tongue twister if you say them together.

My vote is for [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Alistair[/name]! Such great names, especially with [name]Matilda[/name]!
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love [name]Eloise[/name] with [name]Matilda[/name]. I think it pairs very well but isn’t matchy and the two names sound excellent together.

I’m torn between [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name]. I usually like [name]Walter[/name] more but I think [name]Alistair[/name] actually goes better with [name]Matilda[/name].

So my vote goes to [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name]!

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Alastair[/name] are fabulous with [name]Matilda[/name]!

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Walter[/name]!

Brnadette and [name]Alistair[/name]

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Austin[/name]
and
[name]Alistair[/name] [name]Austin[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree!

Good luck!

You run the risk of [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] (both characters from popular kids books—in the same similar category (little French girls))…but that could be really cute…

My picks are [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Bernadette[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] with [name]Matilda[/name]! Although I don’t generally love [name]Bernadette[/name] so maybe I’m not the best judge :slight_smile:

For the boys I’m really torn! But I think I’m going to go with [name]Walter[/name]. It’s time to bring him back, and I think [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] are fabulous together.

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name] are my votes

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Walter[/name]!

[name]Bernadette[/name] and [name]Walter[/name]! The other two are wonderful as well but [name]Bernadette[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] go splendidly with [name]Matilda[/name] and are so spunky and fun! Best of luck!

I love [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].

The boy’s name is tough though. I love [name]Alistair[/name] but I think [name]Walter[/name] goes better with [name]Matilda[/name], they’re adorable together!

definitely [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Alistair[/name]…lovely names!

One thing to think about is possible nns.

[name]Eloise[/name] - [name]El[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], Lo, Ouise (Weezy)
[name]Bernadette[/name] - [name]Bernie[/name], [name]Ettie[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name] - [name]Al[/name], [name]Aly[/name]?
[name]Walter[/name] - [name]Walt[/name], Wat