White trash names from Ted, WDYT??

WDYT about the white trash names quoted from the movie, [name]Ted[/name].

Would you use them? WDYT?

[name]Mandy[/name], [name]Marilyn[/name], [name]Brittany[/name], [name]Tiffany[/name], [name]Candice[/name], [name]Brandy[/name], [name]Heather[/name], [name]Channing[/name], [name]Briana[/name], [name]Amber[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name], [name]Melody[/name], [name]Dakota[/name], [name]Sierra[/name], [name]Bambi[/name], [name]Crystal[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Tara[/name], [name]Tammie[/name], [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Charlene[/name], [name]Chantelle[/name], [name]Courtney[/name], [name]Misty[/name], [name]Jenny[/name], [name]Krista[/name], [name]Mindy[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Shelby[/name], [name]Trina[/name], [name]Reba[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Nikki[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name], [name]Shawna[/name], [name]Jolene[/name], Urleen, [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Casey[/name], [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Kendra[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Devin[/name], [name]Emmalou[/name], [name]Becky[/name], [name]Brandi[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name], [name]Heather[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name], [name]Tammie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name].

Some names I might add, haha… And some I might take off the list (if it were me).

LOL, my own name is on there - eh, I like to think I have a dash of [name]Roseanne[/name] [name]Barr[/name] in me, so that’s ok. :wink: :smiley:
(It’s [name]Cassandra[/name], BTW)

I can agree with a bunch of them, I think it has a lot to do with association.

Now I have to go watch [name]Ted[/name]…never got around to it.

These are out of my own personal opinion, and by association, no offense meant to anyone. I would use [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Noelle[/name], but that’s it. I can think of a lot to add though. (On the fence means I know too many girls that are trashy, or classy with that name to pick one or the other)

[name]Mandy[/name] - Agreed, and anything that rhymes with [name]Mandy[/name] ([name]Candy[/name], [name]Brandy[/name] etc)
[name]Marilyn[/name] - I don’t see this as white trashy, all the Marilyns I know are very classy ladies
[name]Brittany[/name] - This one could go either way for me. I know some great [name]Brittany[/name]/Britneys, but I know some trashy ones
[name]Tiffany[/name] - Definitely trashy to me
[name]Candice[/name] - I sadly only know trashy [name]Candice[/name]/Candaces
[name]Brandy[/name] - See Many
[name]Heather[/name] - I know a mix of women named [name]Heather[/name], many are trashy, but some aren’t
[name]Channing[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t know a single girl with this name.
[name]Briana[/name] - Undecided
[name]Amber[/name] - Agreed trashy
[name]Sabrina[/name] - On the fence
[name]Melody[/name] - I picture a sweet girl when I hear [name]Melody[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name] - I only know male Dakotas
[name]Sierra[/name] - On the fence
[name]Bambi[/name] - And on pole number 3…
[name]Crystal[/name] - See [name]Bambi[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name] - Most Sams I know are tomboyish not trashy
[name]Autumn[/name] - Disagree completely
[name]Ruby[/name] - Not trashy persay, but I still wouldn’t use it
[name]Taylor[/name] - Not trashy
[name]Tara[/name] - All the Taras I know are trashy
[name]Tammie[/name] - Maybe back in the 80’s/early 90’s,
[name]Lauren[/name] - Not Trashy
[name]Charlene[/name], [name]Chantelle[/name] - No to both
[name]Courtney[/name] - On the fence
[name]Misty[/name] - Yes
[name]Jenny[/name] - On the fence
[name]Krista[/name] - On the fence
[name]Mindy[/name] - Trashy
[name]Noelle[/name] - Not Trashy
[name]Shelby[/name] - Trashy
[name]Trina[/name] - Not trashy
[name]Reba[/name] - Nope
[name]Cassandra[/name] - No again
[name]Nikki[/name] - Trashy
[name]Kelsey[/name] - On the fence
[name]Shawna[/name] - On the fence
[name]Jolene[/name] - On the fence again
Urleen - What?
[name]Claudia[/name] - Nope
[name]Savannah[/name] - On the fence
[name]Casey[/name] - Nope
[name]Dolly[/name] - Nope, I knew a wonderful older lady named [name]Dolly[/name] years ago
[name]Kendra[/name] - Trashy
[name]Kylie[/name] - Trashy
[name]Chloe[/name] - On the fence
[name]Devin[/name] - I don’t know any female Devins?
[name]Emmalou[/name] - Maybe? I picture a redneck
[name]Becky[/name] - On the Fence
[name]Brandi[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name], [name]Heather[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name], [name]Tammie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name] - Most double barrel lynn names end up trashy sounding

I like [name]Tammy[/name] and [name]Dolly[/name] but I KNOW they’re redneck, or at best country. I would use them as NNs but not as full names. I just find them adorable and admire [name]Dolly[/name] [name]Parton[/name] a lot - not that she’s an anti-redneck exactly.

I would not have thought of [name]Sabrina[/name] as a redneck name. My husband says its a “cat name” (same as [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]) and I can see that more, actually, even though I like it and he doesn’t intend “cat name” as a compliment.

I have those same sentiments - [name]Sabrina[/name] feels more magical and spunky than trashy and I love [name]Dolly[/name] as a nickname for [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Delores[/name] and [name]Tammy[/name] could be cute for [name]Tamsin[/name].

Usually the names I don’t like are because of people I know.

[name]Claudia[/name] most definitely.
[name]Chloe[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Reba[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Savannah[/name]… perhaps. [name]Becky[/name] as a nick only.
I have kind of a weird crush on [name]Mindy[/name], even though it makes me think of cheerleaders and creme de menthe.

My mom has a distant cousin who’s pretty white trash named [name]Mistie[/name]. She named her daughter (born in the early '90s) [name]Krystle[/name]. The daughter has two kids that I know of now, but I don’t keep in touch with them so I’m not sure what she named them.

I don’t think of [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], or [name]Savannah[/name] as trashy whatsoever.

Some names that people typically think of as trashy but I know plenty of nice, classy people with the name are [name]Brittany[/name], [name]Heather[/name], [name]Amber[/name], [name]Crystal[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Tara[/name], [name]Courtney[/name], [name]Jenny[/name], [name]Krista[/name], [name]Shelby[/name], [name]Nikki[/name].

[name]Misty[/name] and [name]Mindy[/name] I kind of like. [name]Misty[/name] could be a cute nn for [name]Melissa[/name], and [name]Mindy[/name] just reminds me of [name]Mindy[/name] Kaling from The Office, and I think she’s hilarious!

[name]Claudia[/name]? Trashy? Really? The one’s I’d use are [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name].

I would use [name]Marilyn[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], and [name]Jolene[/name]. There are others that I like but would not use. There are definitely white trash names on the list but if you just read each name individually, most of them seem totally normal.

I like a lot of those names, lol. Ones I’d actually use: [name]Candice[/name] but spelled [name]Candace[/name] nn [name]Dacey[/name], [name]Noelle[/name] as a middle, [name]Cassandra[/name] if it wasn’t my cousins name, [name]Jolene[/name] as a middle, [name]Chloe[/name] as a middle.

umm I’m surprised to see [name]Sabrina[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] & [name]Samantha[/name] on the list. I never really pictured those names as trashy.

I’d use [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name] and [name]Claudia[/name]- but they don’t really match the other names listed.

With the exception of [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], and [name]Claudia[/name] they all sound pretty trashy to me.

Some of those I can kind of agree with like brandy or Bambu for example. But I actually like some of those names too like [name]Claudia[/name] or [name]Cassandra[/name].

I don’t generally answer to any threads about “white trash” “trailer park” etc. names. I like to think that a person can define, or redefine, our perception of a name. After all, you can’t help what your parents choose! However, as a serious name collector for more than two decades, I was truly rolling on the floor- laughing loudly. [name]TED[/name] nailed it. That IS the category in its entirety! I’d like to see him guess dog names next :slight_smile:

My name is on the list and I think it’s trashy when it’s pronounced incorrectly as “tair-a”. And with those wretched [name]Boston[/name] accents it sounds even worse

From my experience the people who use it and pronounce it correctly as “TA-rah” are often not White and/or not American and not trashy

I don’t generally answer to any threads about “white trash” “trailer park” etc. names. We name nerds like to categorize names, and it is certainly helpful! Almost any other category of names I’ve ever listed or seen listed is not an insult. But THIS category
can be hurtful and limiting [name]IMO[/name]. I like to think that a person can define, or redefine, our perception of a name. After all, you can’t help what your parents choose!

However, as a serious name collector for more than two decades, I was truly rolling on the floor during the movie- laughing loudly. [name]TED[/name] nailed it! I had to rewind a few times… That IS the category in its entirety! It’s important to have a sense of humor, in this case :slight_smile: I’d like to see him guess dog/girl names next :slight_smile:

Comments:

[name]Channing[/name] surprised me! It went all the way to the hospital with me for our daughter, and I’d never heard it used on ANYONE- until [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name] surfaced 10 years later. I get it in retrospect, in that I think it was meant in a “I’m gonnna name my kid after a soap opera family, type of way”— I think [name]Harley[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Fallon[/name], or even Carrington would’ve been more understandable…

[name]Sabrina[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], and [name]Claudia[/name] would be eliminated, were I making the list; however, I get [name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Samantha[/name]. I don’t get [name]Claudia[/name].

[name]Noelle[/name], [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Trina[/name], [name]Devin[/name], and [name]Cassandra[/name]- Not nearly as obvious, but once again, I do get them.

A general rule is that names travel downward in social class as they travel up the popularity charts.

As a [name]Ginger[/name], I’m often listed on the forums in both the dog and trashy category. In real life, I’ve been pleasantly surprised at the warm reception my name receives, and knowing there is a perception of both with my name hasn’t bothered me. Fun post, [name]Ginger[/name]

[name]Jennifer[/name] was the single most popular name given to American newborn girls for a 14 year span, so I don’t think it’s right to include [name]Jenny[/name] on the list.