Why do you dislike Francine?

Be honest - I just want to know why people don’t like it.

I personally really like this name (it sounds soft and elegant to me), but it doesn’t seem to be popular on Nameberry.

I quite like it actually. It’s sleek and interesting

2 Likes

I don’t :grin: It has a mature and elegant feel.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Francine[/name_f].

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Francine[/name_f] ! I only know one

However my first thought is the [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] character. Not necessarily a bad thing as I don’t even think that show is on the air anymore

4 Likes

I can’t help you with that because I find it charming!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Francine[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] more than [name_f]Francine[/name_f] though. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] offers more nickname options than [name_f]Francine[/name_f] and I think it sounds more elegant.

[name_f]Francine[/name_f] always makes me think of Aurthur’s little sister!

2 Likes

I sort of like [name_f]Francie[/name_f] due to A Tree Grows in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] but [name_f]Francine[/name_f] just feels very old lady to me. Also the meaning is very boring.

2 Likes

I think it’s cute!! Especially with the nickname [name_f]Franny[/name_f].

2 Likes

I love it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Since you asked for honesty, my feeling is that [name_f]Francine[/name_f] has a bit of a blue collar vibe.

2 Likes

I actually quite like [name_f]Francine[/name_f], though the association from [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is strong for me

2 Likes

I LOVE IT! Super soft and classic sounding. And the nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I find [name_f]Francine[/name_f] frumpy, where as, [name_f]Frances[/name_f] stylish & chic.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Francine[/name_f]! I would use it in a heartbeat if ai could get my partner on board!

2 Likes

I don’t dislike it. It’s not quite my style but it’s got a cute retro vibe. It makes me think of cat eye glasses and poodle skirts

3 Likes

I actually do like it, but it and [name_f]Frances[/name_f] are unusable for me. I wish they weren’t as I had come up with some name combos I love, but I just can’t get past the associations.

1 Like

It’s a bit dated to me and sounds a little stuffy. It’s just not my style.

3 Likes

I actually really like Francine - it has this retro chic feel. I may prefer Frances or Francesca a bit but I am a fan of Francine as well.

1 Like

I like it! I have it as well as Frances and Francie on my long list!

2 Likes