Will I love a compromise name? Name regret.. Help with Anna

I’m more than likely a day late and a dollar short on this, but I just found a name on Instagram…

[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]

I think it’s Italian, has [name_f]Anna[/name_f] in it, and sounds pretty similar to [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]. You don’t have to love it, but personally, I think I really do!

I actually haven’t run into this issue with myself or toddler confusing everyday words with [name_f]Anna[/name_f]! It might be your postpartum anxiety overthinking it. Hopefully with time [name_f]Anna[/name_f] will stand out on it’s own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

SEK- thank you so much. This gives me relief and hope, logically knowing this is my postpartum anxiety and that this is not a problem for a mom of [name_f]Anna[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] is a perfectly fine name - congratulations on your baby girl!

2 Likes

I just wanted to say that [name_f]Anna[/name_f] + middle name is always one of my favorite double names. I know many girls/women named [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I find these names incredibly endearing for a child and a grown woman.

Does your daughter have a middle name that you could also call her that helps it to feel more like a name you love?

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and my father in laws name is George!! So I basically didn’t have any option except to name him [name_u]George[/name_u].

For [name_f]Anna[/name_f], it took me about a month to like her name. It was the only name we could agree on. Now she’s 3 and I can’t see her with any other name.

We always get so many compliments on their names!! Now we’re expecting number 3 and are struggling to find a sibling name.

2 Likes

arknorth- congratulations on baby number 3! It’s nice to know that it can be normal to pick a name out just because it’s literally the only one we could agree with. It’s already growing on me slowly so I hope with time I will love her name as much as I love her.

I think it’s so neat our kids have the same names!

Good luck with naming number 3… [name_u]Leo[/name_u] and [name_u]John[/name_u] were our boy names but we are done done lol :heart::heart:

1 Like