Will she like her name?

What do you think of name [name]Paisley[/name]? We want to make sure the name works when she is no longer a little girl. What do you think?

I personally don’t like the name [name]Paisley[/name]; it just isn’t my style. I see it as the equivalent of naming your child Gingham or Stripes. From a neutral point of view, however, I see it as a name that would not age well. It’s very hard for me to imagine a teenage [name]Paisley[/name], or a 32-year-old [name]Paisley[/name], or a 67-year-old [name]Paisley[/name].

So I guess my answer to this question is no. I would hate to be named after a popular (and ugly imo) fabric pattern from the 1970s. Sorry.

I love [name]Paisley[/name], and have been wrestling with that issue myself. I can see it being “cool” on a teenager, and maybe even a college student. But past that, it doesn’t work well.

However, I don’t believe that many of today’s popular names will fit well on middle-aged or elderly people. Names like [name]Madison[/name], [name]Kaylee[/name], and [name]Isabella[/name] don’t age too well [name]IMO[/name], but they are wildly popular. [name]Just[/name] keep that in mind when you make your decision.

There will be (and probably are) much worse names than [name]Paisley[/name].

I personally don’t like [name]Paisley[/name]. I agreed with agirlinred, I can’t see [name]Paisley[/name] getting older. It’s like my best friend’s couisn, her name is Sparkle. It’s not a nn ,but, her real name. It may sound cute when she is a baby ,but, it dosen’t have room to grow. But [name]Paisley[/name] is a little better than Sparkle in my opioion. I think [name]Paisley[/name] would be a better middle name than a first.

[name]Paisley[/name] is my bf’s #1 pick for a girl’s name. I think its cute, and originally it was on my long list but the more I think about it, the more I worry that it won’t age well. Its sweet on a little girl, maybe a teenager. But past that? Dr. [name]Paisley[/name]? Nobel prize winner [name]Paisley[/name]? Vice President [name]Paisley[/name]? I just don’t see it working. (Obviously I have high expectations for my daughter! Haha) But as another poster mentioned, [name]Paisley[/name] may not be out of place among the many Kaylees, Cadens, Makaylas, etc when she gets older.

It’ll be cute as a nn and for a girl. But I don’t think that it’ll be a wise choice for adult.
But personally I don’t like [name]Paisley[/name] at all so maybe it affected my assessment.

It’ll be cute as a nn and for a girl. But I don’t think that it’ll be a wise choice for adult.
But personally I don’t like [name]Paisley[/name] at all so maybe it affected my assessment.

When it comes to names aging ponder this…
60 years ago names like [name]Linda[/name], [name]Deborah[/name], [name]Brenda[/name], [name]Pamela[/name] and [name]Janet[/name] were the trend. They were seen as popular names for newborn, but would have been considered outrageous on an adult. However to us those names seem like “older people” names because the generation with those names is getting older so that is our association of the names. I can’t even imagine the weird looks someone today would get for naming their daughter born in 2012 something like [name]Linda[/name], it just seems off to most people.

Names for our generation will be the same. Today’s most popular names, like [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Bella[/name] and even [name]Paisley[/name], seem outrageous to us as adults names now. But in 30+ years when all those children are adults it would the the “normal thing” to have a name like that.

Name styles are similar to clothing styles, they are fads that come and go from generation to generation, but that is one thing that helps us define generations. Many of today’s names seem outlandish on adults, but in the future that wont be the case. Like clothing very few styles are timeless and will fit in well with every decade. So unless you are planning on picking a name like [name]Abigail[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] that is undeniably timeless, I really wouldn’t worry about it.

No… I would hate being named after a pattern…its just not really a name…and it wouldn’t age well either…

I don’t like it. I just can’t take the name seriously. I mean I can see a dancer named [name]Paisley[/name], an actress. Not so much a doctor or lawyer or accountant. Sorry…

I agree with mandyjai13. Someday names from my generation ([name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Tiffany[/name], [name]Nichole[/name], [name]Kristen[/name], ect) are going to be the “old lady names” and [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Harper[/name] and even [name]Paisley[/name] will be the generation of new moms naming their kids after our moms. And it will seem weird to us…Its an endless cycle of trends coming and going. So as long as it isn’t something ridiculous, like poor Sparkle previously mentioned, it’ll age with everything else.

That said, [name]Paisley[/name] reminds me more of [name]Brad[/name] [name]Paisley[/name] rather than the fabric (even though I’m not a country music fan). So I could see it on an adult, but more of an adult like the ladies on GCB. Like I could take her seriously as a V.P or [name]Doctor[/name], but only if she was from [name]Texas[/name]. That may sound sound bad. If so I’m sorry. I don’t mean any offense. I love [name]Texas[/name].

I actually worked with a girl named [name]Paisley[/name]. I had never considered the name before but I can see it being used.

Names like [name]Paisley[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name] are some of the trendiest names around. It has a lot to do with the fact that they have some popular trends: (1) they’re surnames; and (2) they have two sounds mixed together that people seem to love: “ay” and “ee”. Personally, I would avoid them both like the plague. I predict their popularity will jump quickly and then they will suddenly plummet.

Honestly, while [name]Paisley[/name] is not a name I’d consider, I think it will be fine. It was #238 on the name charts in 2010, so it won’t even be particularly unique. [name]Even[/name] though it’s hard to imagine a 50 year old [name]Paisley[/name], she should fit right in with all the other “ee” ending names that are so popular right now.

For that matter, the name is no more cutesy or juvenile than the Ashleys and Lindsays that are currently hitting their 20s and 30s and while we may or may not like the names, I don’t think any of us would bat an eye at a doctor or lawyer named [name]Ashley[/name].

I actually really like [name]Paisley[/name]. Its offbeat and adorable. I agree with others. It will age just fine next to [name]Kaylee[/name].

I think its fine. I actually can see Grandma [name]Paisley[/name] just fine. Proffessions usually go by thier last names. Dr. P. [name]Newton[/name], Professor [name]Newton[/name], Miss/Mrs. [name]Newton[/name], or Senator [name]Newton[/name]… or what ever her last name happens to be.

Saying you can’t picture a name as a doctor seems silly to me, in all honesty. I’m not going to decide my doctor on a name not chosen by them. If a [name]Paisley[/name] does something to win a noble prize, then a [name]Paisley[/name] will win a noble prize or be a doctor or lawyer or whatever. I highly doubt her name would hold her back. I think it’s a nice name. Trendy, but that’s not the worst thing, is it?

Agreed. Sorry!

[name]Paisley[/name] is cute on a little girl, but I can’t see it working on a teenager or adult.

Completely agree.