• Elizabeth (Eliza)
  • Iris (No Nickname)

0 voters

#3 sister

• Violet (Vi)
  • Aria (No Nickname)

0 voters

1 Like

Which names do you like best with Marta?

• Alda
  • Aloisa
  • Karoline
  • Odila

0 voters

And what about with the last name Henning?

• Alda Henning
  • Aloisa Henning
  • Karoline Henning
  • Odila Henning

0 voters

Aloisa - ah-loy-sah
Odila - oh-deel-ah

Name for this character

she’s smart, confident, quick thinker, keeps calm in tough situations, usually very serious but occasionally can be pretty funny and witty

• Cass(not sure what it’s a nickname for yet)
  • Nyx

0 voters

Which name for the rebellion group? I used Rebellion in the short story because I wanted it to have enough tropes that people focused on the characters but now that I’m extending it, I’m wondering if it needs a less trope-y name.

• the Rebellion
  • the Dissenters
  • I have another idea!

0 voters

Summary

Bandannas around her head, ink on her cheeks, rainy days and stained glass windows. Leather bound copies of Pride and Prejudice , feminist, brazen and outspoken. Sharp tongued, sassy, spunky, a leader. Fearless and insecure, gorgeous in her own way. Headstrong and courageous, logical. Sweaters and cuffed jeans, big pastel t-shirts and black shorts. Raised eyebrows, cocked hips, always asking questions. “You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” Friendship bracelets and equality, kindness and sarcasm. Awkward. Only girl in a room of men, leaving them all in tears. Underestimated. Intuitive, chalk on the sidewalk. Wise, observative, would lecture in her nightgown. “Looks fade. Brains don’t.”

What should I name her?
  • Stevie
  • Eleni (possibly nn Nell)
  • I have a better, awesomer suggestion (@ me!)

0 voters

Voted for [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] but you can’t go wrong with either option for her!

1 Like

which makes the most sense for teenage twins?

• darby (g) & alex (b)
  • darby (g) & sasha (b)
  • darby (g) & alexander “alex” (b)
  • darby (g) & alexander “sasha” (b)

0 voters

Is the name Dean too tied to Supernatural to use on an original character?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Which name for a modern cowgirl?

• Macy Rollins
  • Susannah Fox
  • Moriah Nash

0 voters

Sibset? (Reposted because of changes)

• Jay, Max, Liz, Sky, and Val
  • Jay, Arden, Wren, Mavis, and Robin
  • Jay, Arthur, Rachel, Tabitha, and Fawn

0 voters

When you write stories with multiple perspectives, do you prefer to stick with the same pattern of who’s telling the story? (Ex. John, Amy, Theo, John, Amy, Theo, etc.)

• I always do and it would drive me crazy if I didn’t
  • I always do but I’m not as worried about it
  • I try to but will go out of order if the story needs it
  • I don’t even try, I just let the story flow
  • Other (I will @ you to describe)

0 voters

When you read a story with multiple perspectives, do you prefer if the author sticks to the same pattern of who’s telling the story?

• Yes, and it drives me crazy if the pattern is broken
  • Yes, but only because it makes the perspectives easier to follow
  • Yes, for another reason (that I will @ you to share)
  • I don’t have a preference
  • I don’t notice whether there is a pattern or not
  • Other (I will @ you to describe)

0 voters

It doesn’t drive me crazy per se, but for me, it feels more natural. Like, if we go with your example of [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], then [name_u]Theo[/name_u], I would expect the chapter after [name_f]Amy[/name_f] to be [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. And I read considerably fast, so sometimes, I unintentionally skip the headings of whose POV it is. So, if [name_m]John[/name_m] was after [name_f]Amy[/name_f], and something very specific to [name_m]John[/name_m] was happening, and I mistaken him for [name_u]Theo[/name_u], then it would confuse me.

I think that makes sense?

5 Likes

That makes perfect sense! I’m the same way about reading fast. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if they are told in order, sometimes I still get confused.

1 Like

I’m having trouble deciding on a name for a girl born in the really early 1880s. It needs to start with an ‘M’. (twin sister to a boy named Morris)

1880s Girl Name
  • Mary
  • Mollie
  • Mellie
  • Mable
  • Martha
  • Mildred
  • Minnie
  • Mallie

0 voters

I wanted to stick to a pattern when I wrote my magic school series - to the birth order, because my four main characters were siblings. I couldn’t. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] didn’t have as much going on for a lot of the time, and while I enjoyed filling her chapters with fluff, it just didn’t serve the story very well.

2 Likes

I need a last name for 3 characters (siblings)

Sibling Last Name
  • Schwartz
  • Pennington

0 voters

Which middle name?

• Clementine Mary
  • Clementine Frances
  • Clementine Iris
  • Clementine Flora
  • Other suggestion (@ me)

0 voters

Sorry, don’t mean to spam. I created another thread about this character’s name, but thought maybe I could find more voters in this thread.

The family in my story has mother Savannah (nee Muse), dad Hudson McKinnon, and big brothers Forrest, Adair and Wells, and twin sister Larkin. The character is a male toddler (although he’ll continue growing throughout the story).

As they live near forests and mountains, and the dad is cool, layback, likes risky sports, but the mom is more traditional, I intend to have a sibset of nature names but with a certain sophisticated feel. I am trying to choose between these names:

• Clay
  • Shaw
  • Oakley
  • Cliff

0 voters

Thanks for your help!

@WintersEcho I LOVE Clementine Mary! Other ideas I have are: Clementine Evie, Clementine Margot (:heart_eyes:), and Clementine Silvie!

1 Like

Trying to decide on a last name for my newest girl. She’s supposed to come from a rich family, so I’m trying to think of something a bit longer that would fit.

• Arwen Winchester
  • Arwen Bennington
  • Arwen Nolan
  • Arwen Heisenberg

0 voters