Writers' Quick Poll Thread

What should I name them?
They’re kind, silly, friendly, good with advice, loyal, mature, patient, and practical.

• jules
  • asa
  • olive
  • ren

0 voters

Going back and forth between names for a side character, a former princess of an overthrown empire. She’s serious but snarky, ruthless from time to time, but somewhat empathetic. At least, more than most of the other members of my villainous five man band. It’s an Ancient Greek inspired world.

• Zephyra
  • Amphelia
  • Nephela

0 voters

Move the poll down to its own line and it should work! :slight_smile:

(Nephela is my vote, btw)

1 Like

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you don’t mind that I helped you out there, poll works now.

1 Like

Oh no problem, thank you so much!!

I have a character named Acacia (uh-kay-see-uh) and her nickname has been Cacia (pronounced the same just without the A) but I’ve been considering changing it to Cassia (Cass-ee-uh). She’s a carpenter, so I like Cassia because it is a tree, but Cacia is closer to her real name and means “Thorny” and she is definitely prickly!
What’s your vote?
(Also, this is my first poll, so I hope I did it right!)

• Cacia
  • Cassia

0 voters

I’ve only heard [name_f]Acacia[/name_f] pronounced uh-kay-shuh so I would pronounce that and [name_f]Cacia[/name_f] in that way, if that would bother you. I really like [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] too though, and I would expect most people to get that pronunciation right.

3 Likes

Hello there! I need some names for a know-it-all who is part robot and is always hooked up to her tablet. Here are some names I’ve been thinking of:

• Bellatrix
  • Vesper/Vespera
  • Echo

0 voters

For those of you who chose Vespera/Vesper, which do you choose?

• Vesper
  • Vespera

0 voters

Middle name for Alice?

• Justice
  • Justine
  • Jessamine
  • Jessamy
  • Jasper
  • Jamie
  • Other suggestion (preferably starting with J but not necessary)

0 voters

1 Like

Some options with J:
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Jackeline[/name_f]
Joanna/Joan
[name_u]Jett[/name_u]
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u]

4 Likes

What should be her name?

She is a twelve year old girl who lives in Michigan, she goes to middle school called Great Lakes Middle School and is in the 7th grade. She is smart, intelligent, bright, sassy, feisty, sensible, down to earth, understanding, no-nonsense, tough, honest, confident, responsible, hardworking, clever, mature, independent, serious and is wise beyond her years who can be sometimes cynical and harsh at times, she even has a childlike side but hides it around her friends, she even has a good sense of humor. she has two best friends Clara and Abigail whom she knew since she was in elementary school, she usually serves as the voice of reason and the most mature and serious of her friends also as the foil to their antics, she is also sometimes served as the general antagonist to Abigail, if she makes fun of by her, will often roast her back leaving her defeated. She likes to think that she is above her classmates’ behavior but she can be bad as them. She likes to draw and paint pictures and even likes to write hoping to become a writer when she grows up.

• Bernadette
  • Elizabeth
  • Bethany

0 voters

Juno, Edin, Castor, Red, Emmett, and Tess. Does Fletcher fit in?

• Yes
  • No
  • Kind of

0 voters

What animal would tomboy would have for a pet?

• Cat
  • Dog
  • Rat
  • Lizard
  • Rabbit
  • Goldfish
  • Bird

0 voters

Ok my first instinct was rat but birds make for such cool pets I had to pick that

Is it a problem if three characters in my story have a name starting with the same letter? One of them is the main character and the other two are side characters.

• Yes - change at least one
  • Yes - change both and only leave the MC’s name.
  • Maybe , depends on how different the names are from eachother
  • Maybe , depends on how often the side characters appear in the story
  • No. Stop overthinking, Moon. Names are not that important for the reader.

0 voters

What should be his name?
The character is a tan dog that has brown floppy ears and has a red collar.

He is a dog who is a pet of a girl named Abigail.

• Dmitri
  • Percy
  • Buddy

0 voters

There’s also an [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], and [name_u]August[/name_u] sister sibset in the [name_f]Secret[/name_f] Life of Bees by [name_f]Sue[/name_f] Monk Kidd!

1 Like

What age did Abigail first got Buddy out of the pet store?

0 voters

What should be her name?

She is a twenty-eight-year-old woman who lives in Brooklyn, has a mild accent, and she works as a bartender/occasional performer (musician/singer) at an old-fashioned, high class bar. She likes vintage-y music and plays the guitar, really likes bright colors/pastel colors, but her favorite colors are crimson and black, which she uses as the color palette of her outfits very frequently, and she always uses dark red matte lipstick. She also loves pop-up books, fireworks and fire and hates the dark. Her favorite Disney movie is the animated Alice in Wonderland and her favorite book series is Harry Potter.

She’s very smiley, sarcastic, witty, extremely scary if she wants to be and, sometimes, just plain scary even if she doesn’t intend it, confident, and loves ridiculousness and silliness, but only if it doesn’t interfere with what she needs to do or bother her in any way. She’s also a realist that tends to be more pessimistic than optimistic, is very stubborn, rather easily stressed if she’s in a bad mood already, and tends to lock herself away when something happens to her rather than talk about it with close friends or family.

• Marie Loretta Quinn
  • Rosaleen ‘Rosie’ Marie Quinn
  • Other (please @ me and reply!)

0 voters

(Note: I want her name to have a vintage feel to it, so the names are a bit old-fashioned :slight_smile:)

I was scrolling down here really just looking at people’s conversations, reading the polls, and I was not expecting this nostalgia.

1 Like