[name]Eric[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

RUNNERS-UP
[name]William[/name] [name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Naturally I choose [name]Miles[/name] as it is my son’s name.

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Alister[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Will[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]/[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] would your [name]Henry[/name] turn into a [name]Harry[/name] like [name]Prince[/name] [name]Harry[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] would your [name]Henry[/name] turn into a [name]Harry[/name] like [name]Prince[/name] [name]Harry[/name]?[/quote]

Nope - he’d just be [name]Henry[/name]! I mean, I guess if he wanted to go by [name]Harry[/name], I’d certainly allow it, but I used to know the most horrid [name]Harry[/name] in middle school, and then it always makes me think of “hairy” things. I love [name]Henry[/name] too much not to call him that, I think!

Oh, but my [name]William[/name] - should I ever have one - could become a [name]Will[/name] or even a [name]Wills[/name], like [name]Prince[/name] [name]William[/name]! [name]Diana[/name] used to call him [name]Wills[/name], apparently. That is if my sister doesn’t beat me to it - she wants a little Wils [name]Gabriel[/name]…

Hands down: [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name]

It makes me happy =)

I think that there is a distinct difference in pronunciation between [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] and Australia in regard to [name]Harry[/name] as there is no way the way that we say it that you would get hairy. Maybe that is why it isn’t as well loved as here?

There is? I mean, in the US, it is pretty much just like “hairy” - we say it [HARE-ee]. [name]Do[/name] Australians say it more like the Brits, as in how [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] is pronounced? I think that is more like [HAH-rhee], with the initial sound mimicking “hat” without a T. Is that accurate? The two require very different mouth formations when you say them, with the US pronunciation involving a narrow mouth and the Australian/British - as I interpret it - pronunciation involving more of a wide mouth, as if one is about to say “cat.”

Regardless - [name]Harry[/name] just isn’t my cup of tea. [name]Henry[/name] is so handsome!

[name]Lemon[/name] you got it! The ‘a’ in [name]Harry[/name] is the same as the ‘a’ in cat.

Over here my guess is that most Henrys would end up as [name]Harrys[/name].

Well, to be honest, I do much prefer the British (Australian) pronunciation of [name]Harry[/name], rather than the “scary hairy [name]Harry[/name]” pronunciation found in the good ole’ US of A!

Are you from Australia? Are you a [name]Harry[/name] fan, then?

Hmm… My favourite boys name…

[name]Parker[/name] [name]Kevin[/name] nn [name]Park[/name]

Close runner ups…
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Ralph[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Kevin[/name] nn [name]Wes[/name]
[name]James[/name] [name]Kevin[/name]

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - [name]Peter[/name] is my favorite boys’ name. I love [name]Sebastian[/name] with [name]Peter[/name].

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]William[/name] - I think [name]William[/name] is my second favorite boys’ name. It could be thought of as boring, but to me it is wonderful. It is such a classic that I would never get tired of it.

[name]Easton[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Michael[/name]

All 3 were my husbands choices, I like [name]Easton[/name] the best but he keeps pushing for [name]Connor[/name]… very tough Polish last name though

[name]Love[/name] this! Especially [name]Peter[/name] - how charming!

I adore [name]William[/name], as well. :slight_smile: I really don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon - in fact, I predict the percentage of baby boys given the name [name]William[/name] in the U.S. in 2009 will have gone up some from '08.

For my vote, I’m gonna have to go with [name]Edward[/name]. It’s one of those names that remains just perpetually unnattractive enough for me to want to use it, haha, without compromising seriousness. Mostly, though, it’s a namesake for someone I love. Runners-up are as follows: [name]Alfred[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Walter[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Otis[/name], [name]Abel[/name], and [name]Ephraim[/name].

Definitely [name]Jack[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]!

Well, to be honest, I do much prefer the British (Australian) pronunciation of [name]Harry[/name], rather than the “scary hairy [name]Harry[/name]” pronunciation found in the good ole’ US of A!

Are you from Australia? Are you a [name]Harry[/name] fan, then?

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name] in answer to your question “Am I an Aussie?” The answer is “Yes”.

No, I am not a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan but [name]Harry[/name] has been around over here forever.

I can understand why the name hasn’t taken off in the US when it is being pronounced as ‘hairy’.

So, everyone you can now start loving [name]Harry[/name] because it is not related to Hairy Scarey.

[name]Darwin[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] is my number one, by far.

The only runner up in [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Oliver[/name].

[name]Favorite[/name] Right now:
[name]Tristan[/name] [name]Hart[/name]

Runners Up:
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]

[name]Samuel[/name].

Then [name]William[/name].