Your Ideal Family

I’m sure this thread has been done before, but if you had to name your ideal family today, what would you pick?

IE your ideal number of children, genders, etc.

4 Likes

I’d love a bunch of daughters! I grew up as a little girl surrounded by little girls, and I loved it. No matter their genders, I’d love to give my children a lot of siblings. If I could choose, I’d have four (maybe even five… but I’m not sure!) daughters. They’d all have classic names and they’d be between 2 and 5 years apart from the sister nearest them in age. :blush:

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know. I don’t think that I realistically want children, but I sure would like to name children… :joy:

I have a ton of little nephews, so it’d be fun to have two girls. And I like my girl names better & I grew up just me & my sister. Sooo, how about two girls three years apart named [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hm. I’d love 4 or 5 kids, semi-evenly split between genders.
With the exception of [name_u]Harper[/name_u] & [name_u]Micah[/name_u], these are all family names that I love.

ds: [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
dd: [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
dd: [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
ds: [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

3 Likes

i’d really love to have two boys and then a little girl. after that, i’d maybe have one or two more- whatever fate has chosen for me! i’d want them to be close in age, so they can be close as they grow up!

i’ve had this dream sibset for a while, and my boyfriend and i always seem to come back to these names :dove:

oliver finn
milo jude
hazel wren

oliver, milo, & hazel

i’d probably name siblings something along the lines of lucy, felix, ivy, rowan, or willa!

5 Likes

Realistically, I would want just one boy and one girl, but let’s just say I got surprised with twins the second time around. (I would love to have four kids, but I worry about how I would cope with the business.)

Alistair Blythe
Louisa Honey + Marie Sonnet

4 Likes

I already have 2 kids, a boy (7) and a girl (5) and I’m hoping to be pregnant again in the next 1-2 years. I always saw myself having 4 kids, 2 boy 2 girls but since I hate being pregnant and only want to do it one more time :sweat_smile:, I’m kind of hoping for boy/girl twins. They don’t run in my family so I don’t think that’s in the cards for me haha.

I have a J@ck & Ever|y and with no input from my partner I’d have an [name_u]Archer[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and an [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or a [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

2 Likes

If I could afford it, I’d have four kids. Three girls, one boy. They’d be sweet, curious, and whimsical kids who love to play outside, read, and nurture animals. One of my kids would be adopted. [name_f]My[/name_f] name tastes change a lot, but for now, they’d be [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], and [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::stars:

3 Likes

I’d like to have two kids, maybe 2 years apart, and I definitely want to have a boy or two boys!

1 Like

Right now I would love four kids, with these age distributions:

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (11)
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] (10)
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (8)
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (6)

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], and [name_m]Ben[/name_m]

1 Like

@snowmaiden [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma was one of 3 girls and I always thought that would be sweet!

@firefly305 [name_f]My[/name_f] name tastes change a lot too lol.

1 Like

This is hard! I want at least 5 kids, but I’ll take as many as I can get! I want mostly girls, but 1 or 2 boys as well.

I’d love to have b/g twins, followed by a little sister a couple years later.

Gabriel August + Tessa Violet
Eliza Rue

Gabe, Tess, and Eliza

2 Likes

i can’t decide between 1 & 3, although as strange as it sounds i wouldn’t want an even number unless i had twins. it’d also depend on the first child’s personality as some kids would really prefer to be an only child from what i’ve observed. that said, i think in an ideal world i’d have b/g twins named [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Maxence[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] & [name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f].

1 Like

I have always wanted three boys and then have a little girl to round out the bunch. Would love if the boys were all 2 years a part and then the girl be 3 or 4 years after the last boy.

[name_u]Cal[/name_u] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

I grew up with two boys and LOVED the experience. Two boys and a girl would be great.

I already have a son, [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. After writing a post about potential sibling names, my dream sibset would be: [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] & [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

2 Likes

edited for privacy

1 Like

my ideal family in order

Zafe [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] Mahlet [name_f]Sabine[/name_f]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] Henoch
[name_f]Lulit[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Maple[/name_f]

Zafe, [name_u]Indie[/name_u], [name_m]Eben[/name_m], and [name_f]Lulit[/name_f]

I’d love to have 5-8 children, but depending on our finances and everything we’ll realistically end up with 2-3 maybe 4. I’d love to have mostly girls, and my bf would like to have a boy first, but their gender isn’t really important to us.
We plan on both fostering and adopting, so ideally I won’t be carrying them all.

At the moment if i got to pick their names, this would be my ideal family:
ds: [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
ds: [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
dd: [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
dd: [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]

But if my bf and i named them equally they’d be:
ds: [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
ds: [name_m]Sevastian[/name_m]
dd: [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
dd: [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

2 Likes

i want between two and four kids. if i had two, they would be either two girls or a boy and a girl, if i had three they would be two girls and a boy, and if it were four they would be two girls and two boys.

some combination of these names:
eliza maxine, eleanor june, ____ josephine, theodore jem, + wilbur laurence.

1 Like