4. Fern
5. Louisa

Boys:
1. Peter
2. Todd
3. Wesley
4. Timothy
5. August

** I prefer Eben and Cosmo to Timothy and August, but I am just not quite as comfortable with them yet. Cosmo is honestly nearing the line of a guilty pleasure for me.

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] list has updated a little but so this is it as of now~

Girls

~ [name_u]Kahlo[/name_u]
~ [name_f]Amparo[/name_f]
~ [name_f]Yamila[/name_f]
~ [name_f]SalomƩ[/name_f]
~ [name_f]Fatima[/name_f]
~ [name_f]Azula[/name_f]
~ RocĆ­o

Boys

~ [name_m]Osiris[/name_m]
~ Zephiro
~ [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
~ [name_m]Prospero[/name_m]
~ [name_m]Abel[/name_m]
~ [name_u]Loki[/name_u]
~ [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

5 Likes

This obviously may change in the future (changing tastes, acquiring an SO, etc.), but as of now, hereā€™s my shortlist:

Girls

[name_u]October[/name_u] ā€œTobyā€
Persephone/Seraphine ā€œPerseyā€ or ā€œSephieā€
[name_u]Poet[/name_u] ā€œPosyā€
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

Boys

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] ā€œDymiā€
[name_m]Cassander[/name_m] ā€œCasā€ or ā€œAndersā€
[name_m]Thorin[/name_m]
Silver/Jasper
[name_u]Night[/name_u]

4 Likes

I love [name_u]October[/name_u] and [name_u]Poet[/name_u] :crescent_moon:

1 Like

Girls

[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] - [name_m]Jetty[/name_m]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] - [name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u]

Boys

[name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_m]Powell[/name_m]
[name_m]Fitz[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] - [name_u]Iggy[/name_u]
[name_m]Fielder[/name_m]

1. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] - I have always loved this name and I actually lived near [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], N.C. when I was a child. I love how elegant, feminine, and strong sounding it is without being overly frilly.

2. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - I love how spunky and sweet [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is! Itā€™s elegant, feminine, and just plain pretty!

3. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Romantic and glamorous with a soft side. I love the nickname [name_f]Etta[/name_f] for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]!

4. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - A darling name that feels fresh and friendly!

5. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] - [name_f]My[/name_f] great grandmothers name! Itā€™s strong sounding, cute, and I love the nature connection.

6. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - I love how cozy and cute [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is. The nicknames [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] are lovely!

7. [name_u]Henry[/name_u] - [name_f]Regal[/name_f] and traditional with a handsome and gentlemanly vibe!

8. [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] - [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] just feels so cool to me and I love the vintage feel!

9. [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] - Friendly with a down to earth vibe. I love the nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u]!

10. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] - Feels vintage and modern at the same time. Friendly and sweet!

4 Likes

Hmmm some of my choices probably change daily :sweat_smile:

Girls:

1. Esther (definitely my #1)
  2. Ida
  3. Nira
  4. Nechama (probably would only use as a Hebrew name)
  5. Eve (some days I prefer Evelyn)

Boys:

1. Ben-Ami
  2. Sascha
  3. Elisha
  4. Avishai (sometimes I prefer Avidan)
  5. Solomon (love the English version but canā€™t stand Shlomo, the Hebrew equivalent :smiling_face_with_tear:)
2 Likes

Girls

1. Margaret nn Madge
  2. Dorothy nn Dot
  3. Johanna nn Joey
  4. Mildred nn Red
  5. Rosanna nn Rosie

Boys

1. Johnathan nn Nat
  2. Theodore nn Ted
  3. Carroll nn Ollie
  4. Emmett nn Em
  5. Darcy
2 Likes

ā€¢ [name_f]Enid[/name_f] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_f]Marga[/name_f] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_f]Aline[/name_f] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_f]Silvana[/name_f] ā€¢

ā€¢ [name_u]Leon[/name_u] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_m]Luke[/name_m] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_m]Roman[/name_m] ā€¢
ā€¢ [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] ā€¢
ā€¢ Dimitrie ā€¢

1 Like

femme ~

romy
tiggy
august
persephone
thisbe

masc~

percy
auberon
orion
dorian
francis

6 Likes

For girlsā€¦

Antigone
Cordelia
Guinevere
Liadan
Rosamund

For boysā€¦

Alban
Diggory
Gilligan
Ivo
Rosen

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been into names for a good few years but Iā€™d say I took a ā€˜breakā€™ for about a year so some of my yearsā€™ old combos have been seeing changes, which is interesting and fun for me. Iā€™m relatively settled into my top 5 girlsā€™ combos now but boys are giving me trouble ā€” thereā€™s just not enough names that I like haha. Pretty much all of them (girls and boys) are still ā€˜under constructionā€™, so to speak, as for girls Iā€™m trying to have a floral name in each combo and I also really love space names in general, so youā€™ll see quite a few sprinkled throughout.

Firstly, girls:

Ada has been on my list for a while. I absolutely love the sound. Ada Ophelia Iris was my combo for years until my sister and I sat down to stale our claims on names a few weeks ago haha, and I was happy to give her Ophelia and Iris. This then led to Ada Dorothea Pearl, which Iā€™m in love with. Pearl is on my shortlist as a first name but she didnā€™t quite make top 5 today and I really love her in this combo so here she is. This does lack a floral name so itā€™s doubtful that Iā€™d ever use this exact combo on a real child but I do really enjoy it.

Beatrix is a more unusual alternative to Beatrice, and I love the nicknames Bee/Bea. I can also imagine myself calling a toddler Bunny. Beatrix Opal Daphne was my combo for years which I then switched to Beatrix Daphne Lyra recently ā€” it has both floral and space middle names so it really ticks all my boxes.

Edith is another old favourite (surprise here haha), but her combo is still very much up in the air. Edith Cecelia Yasmin was my old combo, but I think Edith Marigold is more likely now, perhaps with something like Sybil as a second middle. Edie is one of my favourite nicknames, and a nice alternative to the more popular Evie.

Luna is the name Iā€™m most conflicted about as I feel it ā€˜fitsā€™ the least with the rest of my girlsā€™ names, but I maintain that flow between siblingsā€™ names isnā€™t nearly as important as loving the names themselves so thatā€™s something Iā€™m trying to get over haha. Sheā€™s also a name Iā€™ve struggled to make a combo for in the past, but Iā€™m really loving Luna Andromeda Eve right now. Similarly to Ada, this has no flowers so itā€™s not particularly realistic but Iā€™m not worrying about creating exact combos until Iā€™m more in a position to have children/have an SO.

Matilda was my number 1 for years and the combo also hasnā€™t changed: Matilda Rose Juno. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s my solid number 1 now but itā€™s still a consistent favourite of mine. The only issue I have is I really dislike the nickname Tilly and Millie is my nickname (which I go by 99% of the time) so I canā€™t use that. I do really love May if I can possibly pull that off as a nickname except one of my top boysā€™ names is a month also so Iā€™m not sold there.

Honourable mentions: Alice, Genevieve ā€˜Ginnyā€™, Josephine ā€˜Josieā€™, Mabel (my sister has claimed it), Philomena ā€˜Pippaā€™ & Theodora ā€˜Theaā€™.

And boys:

August is a name which I knew I should like based on my tastes, but hated for years (and it certainly didnā€™t help that I hate the nickname Gus). Recently heā€™s just clicked for me. However, heā€™s also lacking a combo.

Jack was a part of what was my number 1 boysā€™ combo for years (Arthur Theodore Jack) but heā€™s recently bumped up on my list. Heā€™s also struggling for a combo.

Percival has been on my list for a while and I love the nickname Percy. Percival Orion Grey has been my combo for what feels like forever, except Iā€™ve fallen out of love with Orion (although I love the space connection) so I could see that changing in the future. However, Iā€™m currently so scarce for boysā€™ names that Iā€™m just taking what I can get at this point and keeping it as is for the moment lmao.

Rowan is another name that I wasnā€™t too fond of until recently. I wanted to like Ronan due to a connection with a character, but an association with another character has kept him firmly off my list and Rowan seems like the perfect alternative. I also love him with Luna. Again, he is combo-less, although Iā€™m floating around the idea of Rowan Caspian Apollo.

Theodore is my current number 1 and, surprise, he actually has a combo! Theodore Atlas Hugo ā€˜Theoā€™ feels perfect to me at the moment and I love him with Beatrix Daphne Lyra and Matilda Rose Juno.

Honourable mentions: Arthur, Caspian, Edmund & Finch ā€˜Finnā€™.

5 Likes

I love this. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is the worldā€™s most stubborn, pickiest baby namer (especially for boy names) so some of these are ones heā€™s not sure about. I donā€™t think Iā€™d be able to do 5 girl and 5 boy names without including things he doesnā€™t necessarily like. :rofl:

Girls
1: [name_u]Blair[/name_u]. This is my daughterā€™s name. She is [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] - [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my momā€™s name and it was my middle name until I legally dropped it and replaced it with my maiden name when I got married. So I wanted to pass it on - just tweaked the spelling a little because itā€™s more aesthetically pleasing with an S (Iā€™m a designer, I canā€™t help myself). When we named her it was the easiest thing ever. We both just knew she was [name_u]Blair[/name_u].
2: [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. We both like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] (or maybe Sloan), but itā€™s becoming very popular in the area we live in, so Iā€™m not sure if weā€™ll use it.
3: [name_u]Shea[/name_u]. Not sure about my husbandā€™s opinion on this one ā€¦ Iā€™m saving it to tell him later when I think heā€™s less likely to say no (weā€™re currently pregnant, but early on so Iā€™m going to wait to suggest it).
4: [name_u]Calder[/name_u]. I always loved this for a boy but recently itā€™s really growing on me for a girl. Not sure of husbandā€™s opinion, but he vetoed it for a boy name.
5: [name_u]Prescott[/name_u] nn [name_u]Scottie[/name_u]. This one is polarizing ā€¦ some people really hate it. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband actually agreed to it though so itā€™s definitely on the list for us. I think weā€™d go with a feminine middle name with this one, like [name_u]Prescott[/name_u] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_u]Prescott[/name_u] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe [name_u]Prescott[/name_u] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] ā€¦ I mean, [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], are you kidding me!? So cute.

Boys
1: [name_u]Alden[/name_u]. I LOVE this name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is not sold. But if we have a boy we want his initials to be ACE so we can use [name_u]Ace[/name_u] as his nickname. Husband wants a more formal full name than just [name_u]Ace[/name_u] but Iā€™m having a hard time getting him to agree to any A names ā€¦ so weā€™ll see how that goes. He would likely be [name_u]Alden[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] (Charles for my husbandā€™s grandfather).
2: [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. Also loving this one for the ACE combo. [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]Carson[/name_u] (Carson is a family name), [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Clay[/name_m], something along those lines. Husband is also unsure about this one.
3: [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]. We both like this name, but it doesnā€™t give us ACE so we likely wonā€™t be using it for our first boy.
4: [name_u]Baker[/name_u]. I donā€™t love this but itā€™s one my husband actually agreed to so, here we are. :joy:
5: There literally arenā€™t any others that my husband and I both agree on. Lol.

2 Likes

Each of the combos in my UC are SO-approved (weā€™re always open to new possibilities, of course!). So we have:
[name_u]Dallas[/name_u] [name_m]Reyes[/name_m]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Rosenlark
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_u]Loveday[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
So, to add two more each in the general styleā€¦ maybe [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u], [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Bee[/name_f], and [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]? I think those fit the vibe pretty well, and theyā€™re not all common but theyā€™re at least familiar, so I feel theyā€™re probably usable? (I end all of this with question marks because I have no idea what the current name trends are.)

2 Likes

Girls~

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ā€œCharlieā€
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] ā€œLilyā€
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ā€œBethā€
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] ā€œSadieā€
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] ā€œLuluā€

:orange_heart: honorable mention to [name_f]Lenora[/name_f] ā€œLenaā€

Boys~

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] ā€œAlexā€
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]George[/name_u] ā€œGeordieā€
[name_u]Braeden[/name_u]
[name_u]William[/name_u]

2 Likes

This is just darling! I love your style! :ear_of_rice: :honeybee:

1 Like

my shortlists have changed a bit since i last posted!! iā€™ll talk about the ones that have changed.

girls :sun_with_face:

evangeline
judith

margaret

margaret is a new love for me. itā€™s an honour for a grandparent who i love so dearly, someone who i would love for a child of mine to be named after. meg is such a lovely, literary nickname as well. it feels so strong and beautiful, and i donā€™t know that many who are younger which is always a plus!

willa

willa feels like an underused gem of a name! i love itā€™s warm and cosy feel, and as a plus it honours my uncle. i get excited every time i see willa, it doesnā€™t feel like a name that will get boring or too common for me. it honours someone incredibly important to me as well. i have the combo willa melrose currently.

jasper

jasper has been on my girls list since the day i made my first list! iā€™ve never been a huge fan of traditionally boyā€™s names on girls, but for some reason jasper on a girl feels so special!! i could one hundred percent see myself using it in the future. i love itā€™s spunk and the meaning ā€˜bringer of treasureā€™ is fantastic :star_struck:

runner up:

amelia

iā€™ve been feeling amelia slip from my favourites list for a while now, mostly the popularity being the reason. sheā€™s so pretty and whimsical, and i always imagined myself having a daughter named amelia :heartpulse: for now, sheā€™s on my list in the combo judith amelia. iā€™d love to add her back onto my list someday, but iā€™m just not as in love with amelia as i was previously.

boys :ocean:

thomas
shepherd

james

james is the only new addition to my boyā€™s list. i decided i prefer it as a first rather than in the combo thomas james. james is an honour name for me, i love how classic it is and i love that i havenā€™t met many young children with the name. my brothers both love the name also, weā€™re joking that the first one to have a son can use it, we call it ā€˜the race to jamesā€™ :joy: i donā€™t know if itā€™ll be a name i actually use, but i do really love it.

jesse
declan

2 Likes

Husband approved shortlist:

girls-

[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]

boys-

[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u]
[name_u]Albie[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

3 Likes

I live in [name_m]Denmark[/name_m] and most of the names I would use are pretty popular here but I just love them so much :heart:

:female_sign:

1. [name_u]Asta[/name_u]
  2. [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Celina[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Filippa[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Selma[/name_f]

:male_sign:

1. [name_m]Villads[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Esben[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Villum[/name_m]
  5. [name_u]Adrian[/name_u]

For middle names for a girl [name_f]Viola[/name_f] and [name_f]Lise[/name_f] (Last one in honor of my grandmother) is on top of my would use name list

3 Likes

Girls
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]

Boys
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Jaxon[/name_m]