[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Morris[/name_m]
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]

2 Likes

All Spanish/Portuguese/Italian names that are easily pronounced in Spanish, as most of my family speaks only Spanish :))

Girls:

1. [name_f]Lua[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Vita[/name_f]
  4. Gia/Gianna
  5. [name_u]Alma[/name_u]

Boys:

1. [name_m]Dante[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Alonso[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
3 Likes

I have made a few changes, so here we go again! The girls are the same, so Iā€™ll just copy them over! Fern is a very close #6.

the girls:

1. marie - just sweet, elegant and timeless. for me, she is the perfect name.
  2. anya - i love the sleek beauty and simplicity.
  3. rose - i realized my life would be complete without a little rose.
  4. june - summery, bright and youthful.
  5. clara - a name that ages and travels well, and with such grace.

the boys:

1. august - handsome yet outdoorsy, with the sweet nickname gus.
  2. peter - a biblical name that is both strong and soft. sounds charming.
  3. wesley - my long time love, with the nickname wes.
  4. timothy - soft and sweet, with a nature-y feel to it. feels solid and classic.
  5. todd - so sweet. been on my list for so long, then dps made me love it more
3 Likes

BOYS

1. [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Russell[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
    4.Jack
  4. [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] or [name_m]Cole[/name_m] or [name_u]Callen[/name_u]

GIRLS

1. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Clarke[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] (CJ)
  4. [name_f]Mara[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] if it wasnā€™t so popular
  5. Hollan
1 Like

bOyS

[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_m]Lear[/name_m]
[name_m]Liev[/name_m]

GiRlS

[name_f]Julietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aline[/name_f]
[name_u]LĆ©onie[/name_u]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabela[/name_f]

2 Likes

girls:

1. marceline
  2. winona
  3. dahlia
  4. ruby
  5. clementine

boys:

1. shiloh
  2. gideon
  3. julian
  4. alder
  5. silas
3 Likes

girls:
Ć©lisabeth
brigid
nikita
vivienne
angelica

boys:
benjamin
vincent
august
isaac
wilbur

4 Likes

Girls:
Summer
Penny (Penelope vetoed)
Skye (Skylar vetoed :((((( )
Daisy
Rosie

Boys:
Oscar
Dylan
Arlo
Roman
Sunny (his grandadā€™s name :pleading_face:)

1 Like

how sweet :sunny:

1 Like

Charlotte - Soft, literary, and radiant Charlotte has my heart! :spider::spider_web:
Violet - Probably my longest name love ā€” soothing blues and purples spring to mind when I think of sweet, vibrant Violet!
Juliet - This is a newer addition; Julietā€™s romantic air finally converted me to her.
Rose - A sparse beauty, powerful in her simplicity
June - Bright and summery :sunny:
Eliza - The perfect protagonist name!
Diana - Diana Barry :womans_hat:

James ā€œJamieā€ - Lots of Scottish/British heroes with this name in the fantasies I read/watch :crossed_swords:
Jack - Cheeky, sprightly name :fox_face:
August - Drawling and subtly grand
Kit - It reminds me of a kite and windblown adventures in an endless blue sky :kite::butterfly:
Miles - Handsome and jazzy :saxophone:

6 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this idea. Right now, we like -

Girls:
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] - this has a middle because weā€™ve settled on it if future baby #2 is a girl. [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is my husbandā€™s momā€™s nn in Mexico and [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is my momā€™s middle name, also part of my name. I love the feel of [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - it sounds both cute enough to be on a little girl yet sophisticated enough for a grown woman. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nature connection - ā€œwoodsā€ or ā€œof the woodā€ I think? Also the nn [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is adorableā€¦this name couldnā€™t be more perfect. :yellow_heart:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - i realized i liked a lot of flower/nature girl names and have an idea to name all future girls with connections to nature/flowers.

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] - i think this name has such a feminine lightness to it. Itā€™s on our list for sure, but i do hesitate on it sometimes for fear it feels a bit trendy? I go back and forth.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - im not sure id use this if i used Irisā€¦maybe too close with the I sound? Also my son is named Ivanā€¦but i could definitely see myself using if i have lots of kids. I feel like the matchyness wouldnt stand out as much then maybe.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - this one has such a lovely sound to it and even more so in Spanish. Again, concerned about trendyness but also just love it and husband loves it too so its still on the list.

Boys:

[name_m]Ruben[/name_m] - ive always loved sound of [name_m]Ruben[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] spelling better, but [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] works better in both languages. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the strong yet somewhat soft sound to it.

[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] - this would probably require a nn but still such an underrated name. I mean, come on, how cool can you get?

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] - this also has that soft yet strong feel to it. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that it has Biblical ties yet isnt overused.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] - this has a cool, aloof feel to me and i love that. I also feel like it fits well with our other boy names.

[name_m]Emanuel[/name_m] - husband and i both love this name and the meaning. Its my husbands little brotherā€™s name, and we wouldnt necessarily name him after the brother but its a nice connection.

This actually encouraged me that i do have usable names for future children. I often get discouraged thinking ill never find ā€œThe Nameā€ but turns out, i have a pretty good selection to choose from i think.

(ā€¦not that im not still constantly on the hunt for namesā€¦:shushing_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

6 Likes

[name_f]Athena[/name_f]: [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite girlā€™s name ever! I have been pairing it numerous middles over the years, from [name_f]Evrose[/name_f] to [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_u]Hero[/name_u] to [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], trying to find ā€˜the oneā€™. I have finally found her: [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u].
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: Obviously, NB made me love this name. But along with [name_f]Athena[/name_f], this quickly rose to be a name I would actually give my children.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]: [name_m]Classic[/name_m] and so, so sweet.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: A way to honour the various [name_f]Marys[/name_f] I know while also keeping the nature theme going.
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]: As a sister to [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], I love it. There was a short period of time where I loved this name so much that I had decided this to be the name of my daughter. Someone once told me that it sound too much like ā€˜Revlonā€™ so it dissuaded me for a bit. But no worries, it will be back on my love list in no time.
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]: I have only just realised how many classic names I have that I would want to use compared to the more ā€˜outlandishā€™ names on my list, say [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] or [name_f]Apolline[/name_f]. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is a name that works for me both as a first and as a middle, but mostly because it has a different charm.
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]: [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] has pleasant connotations, from the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of [name_u]Victory[/name_u] to the [name_f]Queen[/name_f]. Like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], it is traditional but like [name_f]Viatrix[/name_f], the ā€˜vā€™ sound makes it more lovable than ever.
[name_f]Viatrix[/name_f]: This is more of a GP, but I love it more than [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] or [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]. Absolutely loving -trix names right now. If only I could make this workā€¦

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]: I see this name as an alternative to [name_u]James[/name_u] which used to be my favourite name for quite a while. It goes with all the names I have on my list.
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]: I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u], itā€™s literally the cutest name I have ever seen. It is a bit difficult to pair with some names but I think Iā€™ll use it. I am not one to go for nickname names firsthand but Iā€™ll make a pass. I donā€™t like longer names for [name_u]Kit[/name_u] like [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or Kittridge.
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]: This is my favourite name at the moment. I am not brave enough to use it as a first, which is kind of surprising since I am willing to use [name_f]Viatrix[/name_f], so it will be a middle most probably.
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]: [name_f]My[/name_f] style seems to be NB Favourites and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is not an exception. Itā€™s such a sweet name.
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] / [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]: I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] was the first name that I loved. [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] followed. Thereā€™s something so strong and yet so simple about these names.
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]: Ditto.
[name_u]August[/name_u]: It is nature-themed, sort of classic now, and somewhat an alternative to [name_u]River[/name_u]. Depending on the popularity at the time, I may switch between [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u]. I also like the subtle nod to [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]: After [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m], this name has to be one of my favourites. I kind of fell out of love with it some time ago, but itā€™s still a name I would use.

7 Likes

I donā€™t have a firm top 5 at the moment, so this is very much ā€˜as of todayā€™.

Some of these I know SO likes, others are ones Iā€™m sure heā€™d get on board with even though we havenā€™t discussed them specifically.

Girls

1. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]EsmƩ[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
  5. [name_u]Cleo[/name_u]

Boys

1. [name_u]August[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Forest[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Jago[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
  5. [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]

Obviously wouldnā€™t be able to use some of these as siblings though (Flora/Forest, Margot/Cleo/Jago).

5 Likes

girls

1. persephone
  2. aurembiaix
  3. eurydice
  4. artemisia
  5. drusilla

boys

1. perseus
  2. maxence
  3. alistair
  4. lucius
  5. mercury

(honourable mention is kit, which i adore but iā€™m not sure i would use it as a first)

5 Likes

I miss the days where my imaginary spouse agreed with all my name choices. Now I have a very opinionated wife lol

Here are our top names
[name_f]Vada[/name_f] ā€“ [name_f]My[/name_f] wifeā€™s favorite. I think it straddles between cool vintage and modern trendy. Itā€™s been around for so long, Iā€™m really surprised it hasnā€™t risen in the era of [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], etc.
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] ā€“ [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite since I was 14. I like all of the forms it can be a nickname for but at the end of the day I like it best on its own. I love how fresh it feels but also familiar. It can fit a lot of personalities.
[name_u]Lux[/name_u] ā€“ Iā€™ve loved [name_u]Lux[/name_u] as a guilty pleasure for a long time and when I mentioned it to my wife she fell in love with it. Itā€™s the only name we both like to the same degree. I love the meaning of light. I love how cool it feels, its bold but not overpowering on a baby.
[name_u]Ramsey[/name_u] ā€“ This is the name of a coworkerā€™s wife and I always thought it was so cool. [name_f]My[/name_f] wife loves it. It gives an air of sophistication to me. Like some woman you come across that has it all together. I think the nickname [name_m]Ram[/name_m] is so cute. [name_f]My[/name_f] coworker uses the ram emoji when he mentions her and it made us love it even more.
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] ā€“ Iā€™ve loved [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] for years and years. I first heard it on Greyā€™s Anatomy when [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Sloaneā€™s daughter comes to town. It feels similar to [name_u]Ramsey[/name_u] in that itā€™s a cool girlā€™s name. We have a friend who has a niece [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and we do see her often enough where Iā€™m hesitant to use it but I love it so much that I canā€™t give it up.

[name_m]Marsden[/name_m] ā€“ I think we were watching [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and it was mentioned. We immediately thought it was a cool name. I love last names as first names. [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] feels approachable and memorable. [name_f]My[/name_f] wife likes the nickname [name_u]Mars[/name_u], I like [name_u]Denny[/name_u].
[name_m]Talon[/name_m] ā€“ This name. [name_f]My[/name_f] goodness. Itā€™s been on the lower half of my top 10/15 forever. I heard it on [name_f]Laguna[/name_f] [name_u]Beach[/name_u] as a tween and fell in love. [name_f]My[/name_f] wife goes back and forth on this name all the time but always come back to it. I love a skater/surfer, chill vibe and thatā€™s totally [name_m]Talon[/name_m] to me.
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m] ā€“ This is so similar to [name_m]Talon[/name_m]. We go and come back to it all the time. We both love the [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] Odair connection from the Hunger Games. I love that it has [name_u]Finn[/name_u] but stands out a bit more. I loved the name [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] for a long time so it feels familiar. We also love the name [name_u]Nico[/name_u] and I think you can make it work with [name_m]Finnick[/name_m].
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] ā€“ Our tried and true name since we first started dating. It never seems to make it to the number one spot but its easily a favorite. Itā€™s been on my life since I was a teen, Iā€™m a huge Charmed fan. Itā€™s similar to [name_f]Vada[/name_f] to me where itā€™s been around for years, doesnā€™t feel old, feels current. While it is popular for our taste, it fits our style really well.
[name_m]Gable[/name_m] ā€“ Weā€™ve had [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] on our list forever. We love it. Again, [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] at [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] mentioned this name and we jumped on it. Has the nickname [name_m]Gabe[/name_m], feels familiar, not overpowering but not common at all. I love this old actress turned TV personality [name_f]Arlene[/name_f] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and her husband was a man named [name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_m]Gable[/name_m]. They were often on a show she was a panelist on called Whatā€™s [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Line[/name_f]. It is a show that brings me so much joy and she in particular was such a smart, quick witted, talented woman. I love the connection to them.

3 Likes

the new boys shortlist:

ā€¢ [name_m]Silvanus[/name_m]
ā€¢ [name_m]Roman[/name_m]
ā€¢ [name_u]Leo[/name_u]
ā€¢ [name_m]Artem[/name_m]
ā€¢ Dimitrie

the new girls shortlist:

ā€¢ [name_f]Aline[/name_f]
ā€¢ [name_u]Ceylon[/name_u]
ā€¢ [name_u]Ara[/name_u] (right now even more over the long version [name_f]Arabela[/name_f] !)
ā€¢ [name_f]Julina[/name_f]
ā€¢ [name_f]Irisa[/name_f]

1 Like

I have loved reading this thread. After much deliberation Iā€™ve narrowed both lists down to a top 5. [name_f]Special[/name_f] mention to [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] ā€œSandyā€ and [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] who just missed out to [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f].

[name_u]Adrian[/name_u] -
[name_u]Adrian[/name_u] is a relatively new addition to my favourites list, however itā€™s quickly become a firm favourite. [name_u]Adrian[/name_u] is refined, classic, recognisable but not overly popular. It also has cute nicknames options of [name_u]Ade[/name_u] or [name_f]Adey[/name_f].

[name_m]Bleddyn[/name_m] -
Iā€™ve adored [name_m]Bleddyn[/name_m] for a few years, my Grandad was Welsh so anything Welsh makes me smile. This name would definitely be more usable if ended up moving across the border, but I donā€™t think itā€™s a no-go in [name_u]England[/name_u]. How cute is [name_m]Bleddyn[/name_m] with the nickname Bledd!

[name_m]Humphrey[/name_m] -
Probably the most controversial name on this list, [name_m]Humphrey[/name_m] gets a bad rep as being posh and stuffy. Death in [name_f]Paradise[/name_f] made [name_m]Humphrey[/name_m] feel endearing and friendly, however it wasnā€™t until I saw it meant peaceful warrior that it became a favourite. Iā€™d probably use [name_m]Humph[/name_m] as a nickname but it doesnā€™t need one.

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] -
[name_m]Classic[/name_m], biblical, [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] reminds me of the renaissance artist. I feel like [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] is soft-sounding than some of my other names, but still would work well. Iā€™m currently preferring [name_u]Rafe[/name_u] over [name_m]Raf[/name_m] as a short form.

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] ā€œVinnieā€ -
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is another classic, and [name_u]Vinnie[/name_u] is perfectly cheeky-chappy fits in with [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_u]Harry[/name_u] ect. [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] and [name_u]Vinnie[/name_u] sit just outside the top 100, which means [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] might be the easier name to ā€˜sellā€™ to a future partner.

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] -
Similar to [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is ā€˜my popular name choiceā€™. Itā€™s classic and popular without being boring (I donā€™t actually know anyone called Beatrice). It has various nickname options but my current favourite is Bess(ie) (like [name_u]Harry[/name_u] Houdiniā€™s wife [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] ā€œBessā€).

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] -
Another classic, recognisable but not overused name. I know there are various pronunciation but I prefer it (Ce-seel-ya) like the [name_m]Simon[/name_m] & Garfunkel song. Iā€™d be tempted to always use the full form but [name_f]Celie[/name_f] is quite sweet.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] ā€œVeraā€ -
The TV show [name_f]Vera[/name_f] is responsible for my love of the name. However, I prefer [name_f]Vera[/name_f] as a nickname, after contemplating [name_f]Verity[/name_f] and [name_f]Veronica[/name_f], I discovered [name_f]Vera[/name_f] can be a nickname for [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and was sold. Itā€™s got historical usage and itā€™s recognisable with the added bonus that [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is Welsh.

[name_f]Morag[/name_f] -
I feel like [name_f]Morag[/name_f] is a different style to other names on my list but had to include it. A Scottish name meaning ā€˜greatā€™, itā€™s the name of a [name_m]Loch[/name_m] monster. I think [name_f]Morag[/name_f] should definitely get more love than she does.

[name_f]Roisin[/name_f] -
Both [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] and [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] are on my list, however Iā€™ve recently been preferring [name_f]Roisin[/name_f]. As [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] is a form of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and roses make me think of my Grandad because he used to tell me to stop and smell the roses. [name_f]Roisin[/name_f] doesnā€™t need to be shortened but [name_f]Ro[/name_f] is a cute nickname.

Repost because of spelling mistakes

2 Likes

Donā€™t mind me for reviving this old thread. My list has changed a lot. Iā€™m gonna go ahead at put them in alphabetical order as Iā€™m unsure on the ranking.

Beatrix-Beatrix came from behind on my list! I donā€™t love Beatrice but that final x makes the name so spunky and sweet. Plus the nn ā€œBeaā€ is adorable.
Clara-To me Clara just sounds like the sweetest little girl having a picnic in the wood, talking to the animals as they pass. I know a really amazing, selfless, and kind woman with this name and I would love her to be a namesake.
Hazel-Another one that grew on me quite a bit. I love how gentle and classic Hazel is while at the same time havin attitude from the z in the middle.
Olive-This was difficult to decide on and tomorrow it could be Eloise, Flora, Florence, Matilda, Phoebe, Rosie, or Story. Iā€™ve been doubtful about this name as my daughter would share it with my lovely cousin but I donā€™t feel like I see her enough for it to be problematic.
Sylvie-Iā€™ve had Sylvie as my number one for a while now. I just love how quirky and cute it sounds while still sophisticated enough to age well.

And now for the boys which is finally starting to recover after I stopped loving Caspian.

Atticus-One of the only names I still love from my original shortlist. I just love how quirky Atticus is and I love the nn ā€œKitā€.
August-I never thought Iā€™d say this but I adore the name August. I previously liked it, but I was kind of sick of it do to its popularity on here but now I love it. I love how soft and classic the name is and I love Morgan and August together.
Felix-Like many of the other names on this list, Felix had to grow on me. I always liked it, but now I love it. I feel like it sounds strong and intelligent.
Malachy-I was crushing on Malachi for a while but as soon as I learned the correct pronunciation of Malachy I was sold on that instead. I love how cheerful it sounds and since I have Irish in me it is more fitting than Malachi.
Morgan-Ever since I saw this name on @leafsgirl44ā€™s list Iā€™ve loved it. I love how gentle and cheeky this name is and I love the combo Morgan Rafferty.

Runner ups: Briar, Eden, Elio, Julian, and Oliver

7 Likes

Ooh this is really hard because SO has turned his nose up at a few of my favourites, but Iā€™ve kept them on my list until we are actually naming a baby in case itā€™s not a complete veto.

But, excluding the ones I know heā€™s not that keen on, and in no particular orderā€¦

1. [name_u]EsmƩ[/name_u]
  2. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

And for boys

1. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
  2. [name_u]August[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Sacha[/name_u]
  4. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
4 Likes