Add One Sentence

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it. My twin, my beloved twin. She had been there for me all my life, through thick and thin, even when I first got her into this whole mess, but now… I’ve lost her. Her hand, a exact replica of mine, reached into the duffel bag at her side. With shaking fingers she extracted a shiny black pistol, and pointed the gun directly at my forehead. Her lips moved soundlessly— a curse, perhaps, or a plead for forgiveness.
I fell suddenly to my knees, dizzy, and with one thought running through my head - Is this the end? There was no sound at all, a sorry way to die, but alas.
How strange, to be unable to understand the one person I should have known better than anyone else.

10/10

I always found such happiness in this place.

1/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me.

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur.

3/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever.

4/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day?

5/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. WHich made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place.

6/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. WHich made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place. The debtors were coming, and I felt the walls that had once brought me comfort closing in on me.

7/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place. The debtors were coming, and I felt the walls that had once brought me comfort closing in on me. I kept track of the days on the small calendar once gifted to me by him, my eyes inching closer to tears with each day crossed off, just a few more days and it would all be gone.

8/10