Add One Sentence

As I looked into her eyes, the familiar color of a weather worn oak, searching for answers, all I saw was my own face reflected back at me, a look of how could you? splayed across it. My twin, my beloved twin. She had been there for me all my life, through thick and thin, even when I first got her into this whole mess, but now… I’ve lost her. Her hand, a exact replica of mine, reached into the duffel bag at her side. With shaking fingers she extracted a shiny black pistol, and pointed the gun directly at my forehead. Her lips moved soundlessly— a curse, perhaps, or a plead for forgiveness.
I fell suddenly to my knees, dizzy, and with one thought running through my head - Is this the end? There was no sound at all, a sorry way to die, but alas.
How strange, to be unable to understand the one person I should have known better than anyone else.

10/10

I always found such happiness in this place.

1/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me.

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur.

3/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever.

4/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day?

5/10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. WHich made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place.

6/10

1 Like

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. WHich made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place. The debtors were coming, and I felt the walls that had once brought me comfort closing in on me.

7/10

1 Like

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place. The debtors were coming, and I felt the walls that had once brought me comfort closing in on me. I kept track of the days on the small calendar once gifted to me by him, my eyes inching closer to tears with each day crossed off, just a few more days and it would all be gone.

8/10

1 Like

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place. The debtors were coming, and I felt the walls that had once brought me comfort closing in on me. I kept track of the days on the small calendar once gifted to me by him, my eyes inching closer to tears with each day crossed off, just a few more days and it would all be gone. And I would once more be plunged into the cold, bleak world of the city.

9 / 10

I always found such happiness in this place. It was like I could breathe in the serenity and peace it gave me. Unlike at home, where the opposite seemed to occur. Which made it all the more painful to know that I would soon lose it forever. But what else could I do, but wait and dread that day? Wait and dread the day when my grandfather’s beloved bookstore would no longer belong to me, the day when I could no longer pay the bills my grandfather had racked up to keep ahold of this place. The debtors were coming, and I felt the walls that had once brought me comfort closing in on me. I kept track of the days on the small calendar once gifted to me by him, my eyes inching closer to tears with each day crossed off, just a few more days and it would all be gone. And I would once more be plunged into the cold, bleak world of the city. And for the last time, I dusted the bookshelves, unable to lose myself in a daydream, no matter how hard I tried.

10/20 (I changed the number. I hope that’s okay!)

1 Like

bump

[name_u]New[/name_u] prompt!

“I’m sorry I betrayed you, Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying.

1/10

“I’m sorry I betrayed you, Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying.
Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like that.

2/10

1 Like

“I’m sorry I betrayed you Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying. Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like that.
She only has seven minutes until the poison takes her life anyway.

3/10

1 Like

“I’m sorry I betrayed you Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying. Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. Just like that.
I couldn’t sleep that night. I don’t know why. So I went outside and picked up my sword to practice by the moonlight.

4/10

“I’m sorry I betrayed you Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying. Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. Just like that.
I couldn’t sleep that night. I don’t know why. So I went outside and picked up my sword to practice by the moonlight.
I find relief in the familiar movements, my body moving without a thought. I swing, step back, and block, pretending someone is there, just as I used to when I was young. I gaze drifts from the gleaming blade in my hand and turns to the trees, the moon illuminating something moving.

5/10

1 Like

“I’m sorry I betrayed you Twila,” I whisper to my old friend as she lies on the floor, desperately gasping for air. “I’m really sorry,” I repeat, but we both know I’m lying. Our eyes meet, and the only thing I can hear is “Leave.” So I do. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like that.
I find relief in the familiar movements, my body moving without a thought. I swing, step back, and block, pretending someone is there, just as I used to when I was young. I gaze drifts from the gleaming blade in my hand and turns to the trees, the moon illuminating something moving.
I whip my head around, but see nothing. Yet, whispers seem to drift in the breeze.

6/10

I whip my head around, but see nothing. Yet, whispers seem to drift in the breeze.
A thin shaft of moonlight catches the edge of something metal, and the breath is sucked out from my lungs. [name_f]Twila[/name_f] steps out from beneath the forest canopy, invading moonlight outlining her features in a nightmarish silhouette. Her once radiant umber brown skin is flushed with a green pallor and her wavy midnight black hair falls pin-straight and limp across her shoulders. Her pewter gray eyes however, shine as fiercely as ever, rivaling the metallic gleam of her unsheathed talwar. Ornate carvings and semi-precious stones litter the golden handle and leather sheath. I know the weight of that sword, the feel of the blade between your fingertips, the sound it makes when it cuts through the air and when it cuts through flesh. I know that sword, for I hold it’s perfect twin in my right hand.

7/10

(im sorry i wrote so much this prompt was just so good!)

1 Like

A thin shaft of moonlight catches the edge of something metal, and the breath is sucked out from my lungs. Twila steps out from beneath the forest canopy, invading moonlight outlining her features in a nightmarish silhouette. Her once radiant umber brown skin is flushed with a green pallor and her wavy midnight black hair falls pin-straight and limp across her shoulders. Her pewter gray eyes however, shine as fiercely as ever, rivaling the metallic gleam of her unsheathed talwar. Ornate carvings and semi-precious stones litter the golden handle and leather sheath. I know the weight of that sword, the feel of the blade between your fingertips, the sound it makes when it cuts through the air and when it cuts through flesh. I know that sword, for I hold it’s perfect twin in my right hand.
“I’m sorry,” I whispered, truly meaning it now. And as I said those words, Twila’s eyes softened. Yet, she approached me, sword drawn.
Try as I might, I could not lift my own weapon. It was lead in my hand.
But my heart didn’t race. I deserved this, I knew.
And then Twila was close enough that I should have felt her breath. And she dropped the sword at my feet and faded into the moonlight.

8/10

1 Like