Aster+Blythe+Lark= ??? updated

I love [name]Freya[/name]. After someone suggested it on a previous list, I tried to talk DH into it, but he isn’t feeling it. :frowning: It gives me the light happy feeling too, but he feels like it is clunky.

Thank you for your thoughts- that feeling you described that a [name]Lark[/name] couldn’t “grow up” was why we un-named her that. [name]Larka[/name] is beautiful, though… althought I like very unusual and word names, I’m not usually one for made up names, however, so might have to give some thought to that.

Thank you for your thoughts- that feeling you described that a [name]Lark[/name] couldn’t “grow up” was why we un-named her that. [name]Larka[/name] is beautiful, though… althought I like very unusual and word names, I’m not usually one for made up names, however, so might have to give some thought to that.[/quote]

Hm, I just looked it up on nameberry and [name]Larka[/name] is listed as This is a Latvian variation of [name]Lawrence[/name]…

We love [name]Coral[/name], nn [name]Cora[/name], and have for a long time. However, for whatever reason I truly can’t stand the nn [name]Cori[/name]/[name]Corey[/name]. (apologies to any Coris out there). Honestly, [name]Cori[/name] is possibly my least favorite name ever. This doesn’t translate into me not likeing [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Coral[/name], but leaves me more than hesitant to use it- I have been burned thinking I could stop the nn myself- DS is [name]Gabriel[/name], and, while I adore the name [name]Gabriel[/name], I dislike [name]Gabe[/name]. It worked well when he was little to tell people “no, not [name]Gabe[/name]- [name]Gabriel[/name]”, but now that he is primary school age, he has chosen [name]Gabe[/name] for HIMSELF! While I can live with [name]Gabe[/name], I just couldn’t live with [name]Cori[/name]. Which is sad, because DH and I both love [name]Coral[/name].

oo, of all your names, I really like [name]Ara[/name]. Is that pronounced [name]Air[/name]-ah or R-ah, or differently?

I also like [name]Lavender[/name], but I’m not sure that one can bridge the gap between word and name… any thoughts?

I adore [name]Iris[/name] and wish I had realized that before my best friend named her new daughter [name]Iris[/name] (she’s one month older than my daughter and we have exactly the same social circle- just can’t do it)

oo, Elowen, that’s lovely and one I’ve never thought of. Gonna have to run that by DH.
[name]How[/name] do you think Elowen [name]Miriam[/name] works? When I say it outloud, I’m not sure it does…

oo, Elowen, that’s lovely and one I’ve never thought of. Gonna have to run that by DH.
[name]How[/name] do you think Elowen [name]Miriam[/name] works? When I say it outloud, I’m not sure it does…[/quote]

[name]Do[/name] you know any history on Elowen? Nameberry doesn’t list it…

That’s a really good idea- trouble is, being ill, the places around to are pretty close circles who already know the baby doesn’t have a name. I’m not sure I want to invite their critique (happened when we told them we were thinking of [name]Blythe[/name])… had pretty much decided that we would tell them when she was named and tell them it was final, kwim?
Perhaps will try to make it out somewhere where random strangers will ask… it really would help.

Thank you babygrey for your personal replies to us. I am glad that you love [name]Freya[/name] and disappointed that DH isn’t on board.

I hope that there is a chance that he has a rethink.

All the best

lamps, you’re spot on with my naming style- many of the names you listed I’ve suggested, but DH doesn’t like (he’s much more into traditional than me, I think it is the tradtional sound of [name]Aster[/name] that he likes) [name]Just[/name] so you know, veto’d by DH previously: [name]Jolie[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Skylar[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Juno[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Juno[/name]. So much that I agreed to stop asking him if we could name her [name]Juno[/name] because it was driving him nuts and he just can’t like it…)

He really likes [name]Phoebe[/name]. To me, it is all Friends.

lamps, you’re spot on with my naming style- many of the names you listed I’ve suggested, but DH doesn’t like (he’s much more into traditional than me, I think it is the tradtional sound of [name]Aster[/name] that he likes) [name]Just[/name] so you know, veto’d by DH previously: [name]Jolie[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Skylar[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Juno[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Juno[/name]. So much that I agreed to stop asking him if we could name her [name]Juno[/name] because it was driving him nuts and he just can’t like it…)

He really likes [name]Phoebe[/name]. To me, it is all Friends.[/quote]

Thanks for your personal answer! I’m glad you liked the names I suggested, even if your husband doesn’t. [name]Juno[/name] is one of my loves, I would also have kept bringing it to the table! I also really like [name]Phoebe[/name] and think the Friends association is ready to fade, but sometimes it’s hard to get past that sort of thing.
You know, the more I read of your story, the more I think you should choose [name]Aster[/name]. As you know, I loved [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Thea[/name], but there was always compromise. But you both love [name]Aster[/name], which is something you didn’t think would ever happen, and that’s wonderful. Plus, it’s a lovely, elegant, happy name. [name]Even[/name] if there’s teasing, it wouldn’t last forever. And I think [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Aster[/name] sound great together (very celestial!). If you don’t find another name here that you both love, I’d say, go for it! :slight_smile:

Not sure if this applies, but the first name I thought of was [name]Amber[/name]…

I’ve known two Larkins. Like that?

Also maybe

[name]Anwen[/name]
Apphia
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Asha[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Nerys[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Tanith[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Amber[/name] seems like classic 80s name where I’m from. In theory, its perfect- in reality, I just can’t.
We actually considered [name]Ember[/name] for a bit. Decided against it because everyone thought we were saying [name]Amber[/name]. also, don’t want a little [name]Emmy[/name]. My best friend is [name]Emmy[/name], so it seems taken.

Like [name]Larkin[/name], but we are big into name meanings and/or history and [name]Larkin[/name] is something along the lines of fierce warrior- not the soft, happy we are going for.

[name]Do[/name] really like [name]Anwen[/name]. [name]Will[/name] present to DH

Also both of us love [name]Willa[/name], however, with our actual last name (the one I listed is a sound-alike), it just doesn’t work- it makes a perfect sentence.

[name]Jill[/name], I’ve never met anyone who knew a real grown-up [name]Lark[/name]. I’d love to hear your impressions of that name on a non-baby/toddler. Are we right to consider what everyone has said- that [name]Lark[/name] can’t be taken seriously?

[name]Jill[/name], I’ve never met anyone who knew a real grown-up [name]Lark[/name]. I’d love to hear your impressions of that name on a non-baby/toddler. Are we right to consider what everyone has said- that [name]Lark[/name] can’t be taken seriously?[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name] there! :slight_smile: The [name]Lark[/name] I know is just wonderful. She’s kind, creative, sensitive, warm, and very bright. I’ve been out of touch with her for a while, but I can’t imagine that she’s changed.

Because I came to know her when we were very young, I completely associate the name with her, and have never felt that it’s a name that doesn’t age well. (I also grew up with a [name]Wren[/name], and I feel the same way about that name.)

If I’d never known her, I may feel differently about the name, but when I think about it, I do think I’d still view it like I do [name]Wren[/name]–only with a lot more happy energy.

Perhaps I associate [name]Lark[/name] too closely with the [name]Lark[/name] I know, but I think it’s cheerful and refined at the same time, and I personally don’t have problems seeing it on an adult. Come to think of it, I’ve actually never thought of [name]Lark[/name] as a “toddler” name at all. It sounds happy and strong to me, and quite competent.

If you think about it, it’s only one letter off from [name]Mark[/name], and I have no trouble seeing [name]Mark[/name] on adult men.

I don’t know how you feel about the nickname “[name]Birdie[/name],” but I think it’s darling, and it could apply to a [name]Lark[/name] when she’s little.

In case you’re still searching, I don’t know if this has been suggested, but [name]Ciel[/name] (see-[name]EL[/name]) feels so light and airy to me, too, and it’s French for “sky.”

If you have any more [name]Lark[/name] questions, just let me know! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Jill[/name] I was going to say the same thing about [name]CIEL[/name] I love it. And I agree that [name]Lark[/name] is different but because its similar to mark people wont have a hard time understanding the name. Also I think the reason your hubby like [name]Aster[/name] is because it is so close to the name [name]Asher[/name] which was your boys choice. I really don’t think the ass teasing will come up.

This is no help at all, but I just wanted to say how much I’ve enjoyed reading all the wonderful names suggested in this post. Makes me wish I was having a girl! I like [name]Briony[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name], too, as per dotsmom suggested: is there an alternative quality/style your husband is seeking, or (like mine) has he not defined one as such, just likes/dislikes individual names?

[name]Aster[/name] is very nice, and I wouldn’t rule it out because of the invariable ass jokes.

I like both [name]Aster[/name] and [name]Lark[/name]. I think they’re both lovely and I don’t think that a woman named [name]Lark[/name] would have a hard time or not be taken seriously. Go with what you and your husband feel is best and don’t focus so much on what other people think of it now, or in the future. All the best.