Baby Berries due January-March 2022

Congrats @Elle1 :blush:

1 Like

Had our 20 week ultrasound today and we didn’t find out the sex so we’re officially team green :green_heart: but all was well with all the anatomy checks and measurements so feeling happy to have seen them. They were fully curled into a comfy little ball with legs right up over their head and I had to go walk around to get them to wiggle so that the tech could get a proper look at their spine. No more scheduled scans now unless we have to do a growth check later on though!

Excited for all these girls :heartbeat: but
@aielbereth did I see on another thread that you’re having a boy?

3 Likes

@greenleaves yes, we are! I was kind of hoping for a baby girl (was far more decided on a name there) but am now very excited for a healthy baby boy. We still have a few more weeks until the anatomy check, so I’m a bit nervous for that still. But not long to go now :slight_smile: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a preference for yours?

4 Likes

No I’m pretty open tbh, I’d love a boy because we don’t have one already but I’d also love my daughter to have a sister (because I have sisters) so it feels pretty win win. On the naming front though we will definitely find it easier to name a girl I think, we haven’t yet found a boy name we both like. But there’s still time…

1 Like

Yay, congrats on your boy!! :blue_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], all! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_m]Aero[/name_m], and I’m pregnant with my fourth baby. A bit late to join, but I just make it with a [name_u]March[/name_u] 15th due date. ^-^

Super excited to be a part of this group, wishing you all the best bringing these lives into the world! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Congratulations [name_m]Aero[/name_m]! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! ^-^

1 Like

Congrats on your upcoming Pisces baby!! (I’m a Pisces and I might be biased that they’re great!)

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this! I just found out my due date is [name_u]March[/name_u] 21st. First time mom and first time actually posting on Nameberry after YEARS of stalking amazing baby names :blush:

We opted for the NIPT blood test… and found out… it’s a BOY! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats and welcome @leapingliz and @TheNightingale !
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you and everyone else is feeling well :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

How is everyone doing? [name_f]Hope[/name_f] all the bumps are growing well :heart:

1 Like

Congrats @leapingliz and welcome to the thread!

Thank you for checking in @greenleaves!

I’ve hoped for a natural, unmedicated birth my whole life. I started reading Birth Skills by [name_f]Juju[/name_f] Sundin to begin preparing!

But my 20 week scan revealed that I have a pretty big baby :sweat_smile: Don’t get me wrong, I am THRILLED that she is healthy. According to the ultrasound report, she’s in the 70th percentile. I plugged the numbers into the WHO website, which says she’s in the 90th percentile. I’m hoping she comes a tad early at a reasonable weight :pray:t2: But, of course, the most important factor is that we are both safe and healthy after birth!!! No matter what kind of birth ends up happening.

Any other updates?? Let me know if I missed anyone!

@Spark @Kimcatiko @AmeliaMc @EmotionalMermaid @eshe7fantasy @OliveShoot @aielbereth @TheNightingale

2 Likes

Oh gosh, @Elle1 best of luck! I was told that my boy is thankfully about average weight. We were also further placated by our 20 week scan (was actually done at 21 weeks for some reason) as everything looks very, very normal. After the big scare at the start of the pregnancy, I’m really hoping that it’ll be smooth sailing from now on and I can actually enjoy my pregnancy. I was always too scared of jinxing anything to do shopping or get too excited. But now I’m starting to feel much better about it.

Very happy to say that my nausea is almost entirely gone and this second trimester is just all around much, much nicer.

2 Likes

Hey! [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to chime in. Both my boys were in the 80-90th percentile gestationally. Z was 8lb 8oz and I would say I am average weight/size/BMI and 5ft 6 and A was 7 14 [name_m]Oz[/name_m] two weeks early.
I was freaking out over Z potentially being a big baby but really anything over 8lb 12oz here in the UK is considered ‘big’
Agreed anything over 8lb 5 for a first baby does seem a bit unfair :joy::slightly_smiling_face: but honestly when he was born he was so gorgeous and well covered, with the added bonus of not having to worry too much if they dropped some weight ( which they always usually do) in the week after birth. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hope that gave a little reassurance.
Also girls are usually always smaller than boys at birth! Seems to be both a gestational and newborn thing. Perhaps she will be long :slightly_smiling_face:
Another thing, scans towards the final trimester are not always 100% accurate. I never paid any attention to the the predicted weight from scans in my third trimester. They are actually too big at that point to determine.

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] @Elle1 i feel you with this concern. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter was over 10lb at birth (5 days overdue) and at the top percentile for weight, height and head circumference :sweat_smile: and my labour with her was, shall we say, difficult, especially as she was also back to back. She’s almost 4 now and still at the top for height and head but her weight stabilised out around 70th percentile fairly early on and is still about there. It’s fair to say I’m a little anxious about what I’m in for this time around but just trying to focus on the baby as like you say everyone being safe and well at the end is the most important thing!

@aielbereth so pleased to hear the 20 week scan was reassuring and you’re feeling better about everything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am going into hospital for my glucose test next week, bit nervous about it but also feel like a few hours of doing “nothing” while I wait might be good for my frazzled brain, even if it is just sitting in a hospital waiting room.

Is everyone feeling set on names? We are still all over the place with no clear favourites :frowning:

1 Like

I’m so happy for you, that everything is going well since then :heart: Have you felt movement yet? I found that my anxiety greatly eased and I was able to enjoy everything more, once she started kicking on a regular basis.

This is so reassuring! I am the exact same, 5’6" and average build. On my FB groups, other folks commented that their higher percentile babies came a bit early (no more than 2 weeks), at a good weight.

Here’s hoping :crossed_fingers: And I’m also hoping not to have any more scans for the pregnancy. I was 20w 5d for that anatomy ultrasound. Since they found no concerns, they will just check her heartbeat at all other appointments, unless I have a concerning symptom.

I can imagine! This probably doesn’t help, but my friend’s first baby (a girl) was 10lb and her second baby (a boy) was 11lb :frowning:

Hope this goes well for you! Mine is in 3 weeks!

I will say, naming her by myself is pretty awesome :sweat_smile: So yes, I am set :grin: (naming a boy would have been way harder tho!) I had Drücilla picked out before my successful cycle, but I was open to changing it, if it didn’t feel right. Found out she was a girl at 15 weeks. When she started kicking at 16.5 weeks, I knew her name was Drücilla (it means “strong”). She’s been kicking the crud out of me ever since and I have sooo many videos of it :sweat_smile: I think I’m starting to feel her punch now (21w 5d) because I’ll feel movement in different places. But she may just be turning around! :woman_shrugging:t2:

Looking forward to hearing everyone else’s name lists tho!!!

We’re dead set on a first and middle name now. I am almost worried that because we’re so happy with it now, something will come along before the due date that will have us change our minds and then we have no failsafe options haha. We’ve even discussed the name with a very few family members and they all seem to like it :slight_smile:

Do you have any names on your list at the moment?

2 Likes

This is exactly my concern :joy:

Do they do this as standard in the US? I didn’t have it last time, it’s just been set this time due to aforementioned huge first baby.

Lovely choice :heart_eyes:

This is a great place to be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So I have a ton of options that I like for both sexes and think even if it was solely my choice I’d struggle to narrow it down. My husband on the other hand likes no names…
Last time he fell in love with one girl name from my list and so that was it, but if she’d been a boy we’d have really struggled and this time is the same. I think we need to just find some time to properly talk in through but he doesn’t really feel the same sense of urgency that I do !

1 Like

Yes, I believe the glucose test is standard practice. Everyone I know did one with their babies :blush:

Thank you!! :pleading_face: :grin: