Give it a convoluted nickname!

[name_f]Galilea[/name_f] makes me think of [name_m]Galileo[/name_m], an astronomer. [name_m]Astronomy[/name_m] makes me think of astrology, and I am a Capricorn. I love candy corn. Especially in pumpkin form. A lot of people think it tastes like wax. I wouldn’t really know what wax tastes like, aside from when I had braces. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite rubber band colors to get where [name_u]Blue[/name_u], so therefore [name_f]Galilea[/name_f] should be nicknamed [name_u]Blue[/name_u].

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a flower that is also a color and a name. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is also a flower, color and a name. There was a character named [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]. She was played by actress [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] James’s second middle name (and her mother’s name) is [name_f]Ninette[/name_f]. Therefore Violet’s nickname is [name_f]Ninette[/name_f].

[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]?

Arthur is the name of the little aardvark from a children’s cartoon. His sister is named DW. If I were to name a girl with those initials, I’d call her Dorothy Winifred. Winifred is the name of the lead sister in Hocus Pocus. Winifred had a boyfriend named Billy. So, a nickname for Arthur is Billy!

Scarlett?

2 Likes

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is the name of actress [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] Johansson, and she has a daughter called [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] neighbour grows roses next to his poinsettia plant. Poinsettias remind me of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], as does the name [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], therefore Scarlett’s nickname is [name_f]Nellie[/name_f].

[name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f]?

[name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f] is a name of Greek origin which makes me think of Greek mythology. From there I think of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] a Greek goddess and one of my favourite names. Which makes me think of the underworld. In the Underworld there are 4 places you you go one of them is [name_u]Elysium[/name_u]. [name_u]Elysium[/name_u] means blissful. So my convoluted nickname for [name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f] is [name_u]Bliss[/name_u]

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]?

When I hear the name Atticus, I always think of To Kill A Mockingbird. In that book, Atticus has a daughter nicknamed Scout. It doesn’t sound like her real name. I also have a nickname that doesn’t sound like my real name, and that’s Lacey. Lacey is a character for like two seconds on Once Upon a Time. It’s an alternative version of Belle. So, a nickname for Atticus is Belle!

Maeve?

1 Like

maeve reminds me of maeve wiley, whose last name is wiley like wile e. coyote. i once read a book where the main character was named coyote sunrise. one of the first stories i wrote was called camp sunrise. more recently, i have been working on another story about a camp. the main character in this book is called ally. therefore, maeve’s nickname is ally.

jessica?

[name_f]Jessica[/name_f] is a character in a book I read about running. I also read a different book about running called Ghost. Ghost makes me think of Halloween, so Jessica’s nickname is [name_f]Hallie[/name_f].

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

I know a [name_f]Stella[/name_f] who has a brother named [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] goes by the nickname [name_m]Ike[/name_m]. [name_m]Ike[/name_m] is the name of a Newsie. [name_u]Les[/name_u] is also a Newsie. [name_u]Les[/name_u] can be a nickname for [name_u]Leslie[/name_u], which is the name of a character in [name_m]Bridge[/name_m] to Terabithia. [name_m]Bridge[/name_m] to Terabithia is a sad book and Old Yeller is also a sad book. Old Yeller is about a dog, and I have a dog named [name_u]Skye[/name_u]. So Stella’s nickname is [name_u]Skye[/name_u]!

[name_u]Haven[/name_u]?

2 Likes

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] Holidays is a chain of holiday parks in the UK, and so is Butlin’s. Butlin’s starts with “But” and so does the name [name_m]Butch[/name_m]. [name_m]Butch[/name_m] Cassidy’s most famous accomplice was the [name_u]Sundance[/name_u] Kid. [name_u]Sundance[/name_u] can be shortened to [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], which rhymes with [name_f]Honey[/name_f]. [name_f]Honey[/name_f] is made by bees, so [name_u]Haven[/name_u] should be nicknamed [name_f]Bee[/name_f].

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]?

[name_f]My[/name_f] first association with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is the book Charlotte’s [name_m]Web[/name_m]. Another character in the book is [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]. [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] is a pig. Another famous pig character is [name_f]Peppa[/name_f] Pig. The actress currently in the role of [name_f]Peppa[/name_f] Pig is [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]. The name [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] makes me think of the name [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. Therefore Charlotte’s nickname is [name_f]Amy[/name_f].

[name_u]Logan[/name_u]?

2 Likes

[name_u]Logan[/name_u] makes me think of [name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] who is a youtuber. Youtube hosts videos which are filmed on cameras. Cameras were invented by [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Le[/name_m] [name_u]Prince[/name_u] who was [name_u]French[/name_u] and [name_u]Paris[/name_u] is a city in [name_f]France[/name_f] so Logan’s nn should be [name_u]Paris[/name_u].

[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Tamara[/name_f] reminds me of the twins from [name_f]Sister[/name_f], [name_f]Sister[/name_f]. That show first aired in 1994. In 1994 the top song was The Sign by [name_u]Ace[/name_u] of Base. One of the members of [name_u]Ace[/name_u] of Base was named [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], which reminds me of the [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] Brothers. [name_u]Joe[/name_u] [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] is married to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_m]Turner[/name_m], who famously played [name_f]Sansa[/name_f] [name_u]Stark[/name_u] in Game of Thrones. Therefore, Tamara’s nickname is [name_f]Sansa[/name_f].

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]?

1 Like

The last three letters/last two sounds in [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] are eon, which is an infinite amount of time, like a zillion years. [name_m]Zillion[/name_m] is the name of [name_u]Nick[/name_u] Cannon’s son. [name_f]My[/name_f] friends who are twins’s dad is named [name_u]Nick[/name_u]. A pair of famous twins is [name_m]Cole[/name_m] and [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] Sprouse. I know more about [name_m]Cole[/name_m] Sprouse than [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] Sprouse, so Gideon’s nickname is [name_m]Cole[/name_m].

[name_f]Milena[/name_f]?

3 Likes

The name [name_f]Milena[/name_f] makes me think of the name [name_f]Milania[/name_f]. The first five letters of [name_f]Milania[/name_f] are [name_u]Milan[/name_u]. [name_u]Milan[/name_u] is a city in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is also a city in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. Somebody famous named [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_m]Henderson[/name_m]. She was most well known for her role as [name_f]Carol[/name_f] [name_u]Brady[/name_u] on the [name_u]Brady[/name_u] Bunch. Therefore Milena’s nickname is [name_f]Carol[/name_f].

[name_u]George[/name_u]?

2 Likes

[name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is a Beatle. [name_m]Ringo[/name_m] [name_f]Starr[/name_f] is a another Beatle but his first name is [name_m]Richard[/name_m]. [name_m]Paul[/name_m] McCartney is a Beatle but he was born [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] McCartney. [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] is a Beatle and the only other one who goes by his legal first name. Unfortunately, [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] are no longer alive, may they Rest in [name_u]Peace[/name_u]. [name_u]Peace[/name_u] is a virtue and has a prize named for it, the Nobel [name_u]Peace[/name_u] Prize, named for [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] Nobel. Therefore, George’s nickname is [name_m]Alfred[/name_m].

(This game is fun by the way, it deserves more hearts!)

[name_m]Jacques[/name_m]?

3 Likes

[name_f]Orla[/name_f]! [name_m]Jacques[/name_m] sounds different than it looks, and so does [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]. [name_f]Niamh[/name_f] rhymes with [name_m]Steve[/name_m], who is a minecraft character. I know a kid named [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] who likes minecraft. [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is a person in the Bible, and so is [name_m]Belshazzar[/name_m]. [name_m]Belshazzar[/name_m] can be sweetly shortened to [name_f]Belle[/name_f], which is the name of a Disney princess. [name_f]Tiana[/name_f] is also the name of a Disney princess, and [name_f]Tiana[/name_f] lives in [name_u]New[/name_u] Orleans. Therefore, Jacques’ nickname is [name_f]Orla[/name_f]!

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]?

2 Likes

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is a 9-letter name composed of two names like [name_f]Rosalinda[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalinda[/name_f] means pretty rose. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] from Titanic had a love interest named [name_u]Jack[/name_u]. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] was played by [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] DiCaprio. Until 2016, DiCaprio hadn’t won an [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. Oscars are to movies as Emmys are to TV. Therefore, Annabelle’s nickname is [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is the name of an orphan in a book I read. [name_f]Bryony[/name_f] was another orphan in that book. The bryony plant has poisonous berries, and poison ivy is poisonous too. I know an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] who has a brother named [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is the last book of the Old Testament. Revelations is the last book of the [name_u]New[/name_u] Testament, and [name_u]Revel[/name_u] sounds like Revelations. On the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name DNA quiz, it asks you whether you like [name_u]Revel[/name_u] or [name_u]Valor[/name_u] better. [name_u]Valor[/name_u] is a synonym for courage. So Harrison’s nickname is [name_u]Courage[/name_u]!

[name_u]Finlay[/name_u] (b)?

1 Like

[name_u]Finlay[/name_u] ends in “lay”, the start of the name “Layton”. [name_u]Layton[/name_u] is similar to the [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] city name Leiden. [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] DJ [name_m]Armin[/name_m] van Buuren is from Leiden and my sister has a friend also named [name_m]Armin[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister’s name is [name_f]Emily[/name_f] which happens to mean “rival” although my sis and I are not rivals, we are buddies. So that would make Finlay’s nickname [name_m]Buddy[/name_m].

[name_u]Christian[/name_u]?