Give me a song and i'll give you a combo!

i’ve used the literal meaning, even though i know it’s used kind of facetiously - hope that’s okay!

zitti e buoni - “shut up and be good” - hilja agatha - “stay silent, be good”

2 Likes

Could I have combos for “Do I [name_f]Wanna[/name_f] Know” by Arctic Monkeys, “Babooshka” by [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Bush[/name_m]? Had those stuck in my head :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ve actually never heard of Hijla before ! Such an interesting name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

hakuna matata - “no worries for the rest of your days” - asha andromeda - “a protected & provided life”

(i think a swahili name is appropriate!)

3 Likes

That’s beautiful. Thank you!

1 Like

this one is kind of tricky because there’s a name in the title! i’ll do two.

hey there delilah - delilah ave - “to greet delilah”
“every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away” - esmé polymnia eve - “breathe, you love my many songs”

2 Likes

do i wanna know - “the nights were mainly made for sayin’ things that you can’t say tomorrow” - laia tajana nyx - “to speak sweetly of secret things at night”

babooshka - “she sent him scented letters and he received them with a strange delight” - myra hepzibah poesie - “my delight in her perfumed poetry”

(gosh, this was a hard one!)

2 Likes

Those are awesome, thank you!!

1 Like

Wow this is a great idea! Thank you so much!

I would love to see what you come up with for A [name_m]Case[/name_m] of You (Joni Mitchell) & Need Your [name_u]Love[/name_u] So Bad (Fleetwood Mac)!

I love these kind of things so I may be back :blush: :joy:

you also get a bonus name for good taste - i was listening to blue when i got this notification! such a good album.

a case of you:
“i am as constant as a northern star” - constance polara - “constant as the north star”
“so bitter and so sweet” - mara vevina - “a sweet and bitter woman”

need your love so bad - asha marianne - “i wish, i hope for, i desire you, my beloved”

feel free to come back!

2 Likes

THIS :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much! They are such beautiful combos - And I’m glad someone else shares my music taste :joy:

1 Like

I applaud you for coming up with such pleasing names and so quickly. Are you having to look up the songs or do you already know them?

When I’m gone- eminem

i can tell pretty quickly whether the title will be enough - if i need lyrics, most of them i have to look up! rap is a tough genre since it tends to be very dense in words. that said -

when i’m gone - “rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice, just know that i’m lookin’ down on you smiling” - caia theora simone - “rejoice as you listen, i am watching”

2 Likes

That is both pretty and cool. I’m gonna have to put this on my list of character names. Thank you.

Your perspective on your method was fascinating.

2 Likes

this is such a great idea!! If you’re still finding combos, I’d like one for Breathing and/or any lyric from Suspended in Gaffa, both by [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Bush[/name_m] :slightly_smiling_face:

kate bush is a popular choice!

“breathing my beloved in” - eve philomela - “i breathe my love in through a song”
“out in the garden there’s half of a heaven” - sam caelum lee - “half a heaven in the meadow”

1 Like

thank you so much!! Both combos are beautiful :blush:

1 Like

Could I have a combo for Yesterday by The Beatles? :blush:

“love was such an easy game to play” - lila amata jewel - “to play the game of love”

How fun and creative you are!

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I please get a combo for The Impossible [name_u]Dream[/name_u] from [name_m]Man[/name_m] of La Mancha?