Glitches

Thanks for that detail. That tallies with a couple of other instances we’ve seen of this. I will pass this info on.

1 Like

Hey mods, I’m having a little issue with the advanced name search function. When I search for a name by a letter there is a very small delay in results appearing, with the screen displaying the ‘no names match your criteria’ message for a split second, before it does load the results. This in itself isn’t a problem (I’m not that impatient haha) but the issue comes when I click to any page of results that comes after the first, as it does it every time and appears to just be re-generating the first page again, whilst saying that the page number is one further on.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this makes sense! I have included a couple of screenshots to better illustrate the point :blush:

Thank you for reading!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m seeing the same; I’ll pass this on.

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you!

@Summerberry

Follow up question:

Could you tell me what browser and device you use, please?

Computer, google chrome

1 Like

We think we have fixed this issue. Please let me know if you encounter any more problems, and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

When browsing advanced search results today, the site has kept switching between the actual results and what looks like all the names in the database (as much as I would love it if there were 2550 pages worth of boy names ending in as):

It happens when I change the page, and eventually it goes back to the real search results if click through different pages again.

On an iPhone, using [name_u]Safari[/name_u].

2 Likes

Thanks. Looks like this might have arisen as a result of fixing something else :woman_facepalming: We will investigate.

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious. When I run a search for a name, I don’t have the ability to hit “All” as opposed to looking through multiple pages. I’m fine with that as many searches can have numerous pages of results. But what does NaN mean?

@katinka I’m also having an issue with the advanced search, but a different one!

I get this where the page numbers are:

and it wont let me click any pages between the first and last!

I noticed it doing the same for me after my last post. I was able to hit the last page number listed though and then type page 2 in the address bar at the top of the page. Then the numbers returned to normal… 1-2-3-4…

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you both try again now please and report back? @shells15 @regionlatbest

1 Like

It’s working correctly now. Thank you.

1 Like

working for me too, thank you!!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Tedrix. I will pass this on, thank you. I’m glad you got back in but sorry you had this issue! What you’ve said will hopefully help us advise people in the future.

1 Like

Hello! Did the random name generator disappear, or is it just on my end? I also can’t create any lists, which I haven’t been able to do since I joined. It will just show that it is loading, and will never load. Please advise. :slight_smile:

The original generator has been taken down, yes. I thought it was being brought back (that was the intention) but I need to check in on that.

The list issue is affecting a small number of users and we haven’t been able to work out why. What browser/device are you using? Have you tried clearing cookies or using private browsing mode?

@katinka Okay, thank you! For the lists, I have been using Google Chrome and [name_u]Safari[/name_u] (two different devices) and I have tried clearing everything and it doesn’t work. I recently got a new device (not because of that, of course) and it doesn’t work on there, either, so I don’t think it is the cookies or the cache. I also don’t have any blockers installed that could be interfering. Thank you for your help, and sorry to bother you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not at all! It’s on our radar but it seems to be a very few specific users affected, regardless of device, so it is more likely something going on at the user end, unfortunately. Is it OK for me to get in touch if we ever need to test something related to this?

1 Like