Hot Takes? 🤭

Ok, here we go:

1. I adore “girl” names on boys and “boy” names on girls (side note, I’m non-binary and strongly wish people would ease up with gendering, but please don’t be a jerk in replies)
  2. “Unisex” names are so cool and way underused.
  3. I love love LOVE word names (please do talk to me about it)
  4. I wish I could love [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] but I have so many bad associations with the name because of a person.
11 Likes

I also love word names! :wave: Mine mostly are religious, but there’s loads of others I love as well, haha.

3 Likes

Completely agree! [name_f]My[/name_f] entire UC at the moment is unisex first names :joy:

3 Likes

Oooh, what’re your favourites?

Hey, that’s so cool! Sorry, I’m new - what’s UC?

2 Likes

UC is ‘user card’ - it’s where you can display your favorite names (Common Nameberry Abbreviations) You can find it by clicking on somebody’s username!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thank you haha

1 Like

Oh so many!

On my list currently: [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Genesis[/name_u], [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Trinity[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Destiny[/name_f], [name_f]Miracle[/name_f], [name_f]Heaven[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Promise[/name_f], [name_f]Heavenly[/name_f], [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f], [name_f]Glory[/name_f], [name_u]Truly[/name_u], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]

Other favourites (Guilty Pleasures or ones I just wouldn’t use in general atm): [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], [name_u]Prairie[/name_u], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_u]Lake[/name_u], [name_u]Haven[/name_u], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], [name_f]Jewel[/name_f], [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] ([name_u]French[/name_u] words count, right? :stuck_out_tongue: ), [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Petal[/name_f], Honeysuckle, [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_f]Amity[/name_f], [name_f]Clarity[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Blessing[/name_f], [name_u]Bliss[/name_u], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Cherish[/name_f], [name_u]January[/name_u], [name_u]July[/name_u], [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], [name_u]Navy[/name_u], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_u]Honor[/name_u], [name_u]Journey[/name_u], [name_u]Jersey[/name_u], [name_f]Lullaby[/name_f], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u], [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Serendipity[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], [name_f]Temperance[/name_f]

2 Likes

OMT YES

I LOVED HIM LOLLLLL SINCE FIRST READING IT :joy:

That phase lasted from maybe age 9-12 lollll

the TV series changes his story :slightly_frowning_face: but we didn’t continue watching soo

3 Likes

Ooo, I really like a lot of those! Some are not my style but oh so pretty. [name_f]Serendipity[/name_f] though - and [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]!

1 Like

YES!! [name_m]Ive[/name_m] been saying this FOREVER! End gendered names 2020

3 Likes

If you’re going to pick a name, solely to use one nickname and introduce your kid by that one nickname for the rest of their life, just give them the nickname as their name.

3 Likes

Gosh, I’m in LOVE with [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]! Why’d [name_u]Jo[/name_u] say no?!?

3 Likes

This is my life quote.

I know why she said no, but I can’t say that I would have done the same.

1 Like

[name_m]Art[/name_m] and [name_m]Artie[/name_m] are completely unisex. I don’t understand why they’re not considered as such???

Also, my sister named a male character of hers [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and now I’m in love with [name_u]Nova[/name_u] being unisex as well. !!!

2 Likes

I can only ever see [name_u]James[/name_u] on a dude. Sorry.

9 Likes

I know right!

2 Likes

Yeah, same. [name_u]James[/name_u] just can’t be a girl name to me. I can’t see it.

7 Likes

My name is [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and I am white. It was also my great-great-grandmother’s name and she was white too

1 Like