Hot Takes? 🤭

For whatever reason I don’t like [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], (it’s too frilly for me), but I do like [name_f]Annabella[/name_f], which is definitely frillier. The logic makes no sense at all…

1 Like

Valentine and [name_u]August[/name_u] are the only ones I like in this message but my heart belongs to another bunch of boy names

Not into [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], but prefer it over the other variations. As for the other half of this message, it’d be the other way around for me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], probably because of that E ending that I love…

Idolf, despite the similarity to [name_m]Adolf[/name_m], is quite a cute name.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this goes here, but oh well. Let me know if I need to move it to a different thread.

Why do the names [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] have the second pronunciations Cash-us and Cash-ian, respectively? There is no h in the spelling so it doesn’t make sense to me. [name_u]Cass[/name_u] isn’t pronounced Cash nor is [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] pronounced Cash-i-dee. This completely boggles my mind and makes absolutely no sense to me. What am I missing?

5 Likes

For me:

Annabel > [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] > [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] > [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] > [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (but this really depends, in some combos I prefer [name_f]Juliette[/name_f])

2 Likes

Adding e on the end of some names like auguste annoys me I don’t know what you guys think?

Auguste is pronounced differently and not a respelling of [name_u]August[/name_u] so it doesn’t annoy me, but some of them do

6 Likes

Auguste is the French form of August, and in most languages, for example German, Auguste isn’t pronounced the same as August. It’s also the German female form of August. You’re obviously allowed to dislike it, but the -e is there for a reason.

3 Likes

Okay, I didn’t know that, it’s more the silent e at the end of names that aren’t traditional

1 Like

I don’t like [name_m]Remus[/name_m], for two main reasons:

1. Questionable “Uncle [name_m]Remus[/name_m]” association.
  2. Awful slang word in the first syllable.
3 Likes

Can I use this as a quote for our Instagram?

2 Likes

For sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Drop your handle if you’d like to be tagged!!

1 Like

@Perpetua

1 Like

for some reason ~

Lucian: :heart_eyes:
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]: :grimacing:

13 Likes

same, i totally agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m crushing on ancient greek sort of names again atm :blush: i love allllll of them!

3 Likes

I use both my middle names but that’s because they were put together as a pair and would sound weird separately imo

wow, couldn’t possibly relate :grin:

5 Likes

I still like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_u]Cove[/name_u], and I think they’re perfectly fine.

Yes, I already know WHY people don’t feel like to using them anymore. I just don’t share the same feelings.

If we’re following that logic, then DaVID should should also be “unusable”.

However, I would be slightly cautious about [name_f]Careena[/name_f] (another name that I like).

Also…
I like [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], but not [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I used to, but I got tired after hearing it so often.

3 Likes