Hot Takes? šŸ¤­

ā€œ[name_f]Honey[/name_f], I just thought it would be really sweet if we had a [name_u]James[/name_u] jrā€¦because I love youā€¦no other reasonā€ :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

This bothers me SO much. [name_f]Katy[/name_f] [name_u]Perry[/name_u] and [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] recently named their daughter [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], which is not two but three word names in a row and it set my teeth on edge!

4 Likes

Ooh yes

Hot take: [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]ā€™s name is overly cutesy.

12 Likes

That too!

2 Likes

My hot take is that the purpose of sib sets matching is for us as recommenders to have an idea of what the namerā€™s taste is as a starting point. Names having to go together is not a real thing ā€” they end up going together because generally names that fall within the [name_m]Venn[/name_m] diagram of what the parents like, their culture, life experiences, are going to probably have a lot in common, but if they donā€™tā€¦ itā€™s fine and in real life no one cares. Itā€™s a much bigger deal day to day if the names are too similar than if they are different

16 Likes

Hot take- Iā€™ve never been able to like [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I feel like I should like it in theory cause it matches some of my favs, like as a sibset, [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] would sound adorable but I just canā€™t get into it. It kinda makes me sad too cause I see really pretty combos with [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and I love it in the combo but I never love the name itself :sob:

5 Likes

Your [name_f]Nell[/name_f] combo was the one I was mostly talking about

1 Like

Me a while ago: I canā€™t see the appeal in [name_f]Nell[/name_f] at all I donā€™t know what people like about it
Me a bit ago: [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is the most perfect name ever I wish I could pair everything with it

Now Iā€™m kind of boredā€¦ after loving it so much it just doesnā€™t sparkle

5 Likes

Itā€™s definitely a complement I love that combo :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think that could be part of it too for me cause a while ago it was EVERYWHERE

1 Like

im the same :sweat: i really want to like the one syllable nickname names like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] i see here but they feel almost restrictive to me ? imo the longer versions have more room for personality- for the person to make their own :thinking: but thatā€™s not to say i donā€™t adore them in other peopleā€™s combinations :sob:

2 Likes

I felt that way a few years ago, namely with [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] (I like Nellie and Tessa!), but now I absolutely love them!

1 Like

I really donā€™t like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

3 Likes

Neither do I. I think itā€™s too short, and prefer longer forms such as [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/Lucienne

Hot take: [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is cute but [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] is perfection

4 Likes

A hotter take: Estonian names like [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] (which is also Finnish) are slept on.

1 Like

Ottilie & Co.ā„¢ are overrated

5 Likes

What are these secret names youā€™re hiding under the label Co. here?

names like [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] that I canā€™t think of :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Not a big fan of [name_f]Opal[/name_f]!

6 Likes