Jacqueline

Jessica | Jennifer

Since S/O has limited the number of J names I can use (he already has a J name and doesn’t want to start an unintentional theme or make it look like we’re going for the Dugg@r family lineup), I’m trying to determine which of the three J names I like for girls are the best bet for me. This is name 3/3.

I have always liked the name [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], it’s always had such an elegant, classy feel to me, thanks to [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] Onassis. It’s always felt so effortlessly glam to me, which I really like, and it’s classic, just like [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (my other two definite choices).

[name_f]My[/name_f] biggest concern with [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] is that it doesn’t have the 80s teenager vibe as much as the other names I like do. Jacqueline’s biggest connections for me are [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] Onassis and [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] from That 70’s Show (as well as a good friend in high school) which are more 60s/70s or earlier to me than 80s.

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]? Does it fit my 80s teenager vibe or is it too classic?

Thanks!

It definitely fits imo! All the Jacquelines I know are 80s/90s kids. I think it’s a pretty name, although I don’t love [name_u]Jackie[/name_u]. I do think the [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] spelling is very pretty and I strongly dislike the other spellings that became popular like [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f], [name_f]Jacklyn[/name_f], etc

1 Like

I like the quick, bright sound of [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] is super fun and cute. It was still in the top 100 in the 80s so it still shares that vibe!!

I think it fits perfectly with the 80’s vibe! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!!

After reading all the responses on my three posts carefully and talking it over with S/O, I think my heart does lie with [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] in the J name debate! :heartbeat:

When it came down to it, I just have more reasons why I love [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] over the other names, and I didn’t really have any cons/downsides that really concerned me at the end of the day like I did with the other two.

Thank you so much to everyone for helping me gain perspective on this!