Jacqueline

Jessica | Jennifer

Since S/O has limited the number of J names I can use (he already has a J name and doesn’t want to start an unintentional theme or make it look like we’re going for the Dugg@r family lineup), I’m trying to determine which of the three J names I like for girls are the best bet for me. This is name 3/3.

I have always liked the name Jacqueline, it’s always had such an elegant, classy feel to me, thanks to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. It’s always felt so effortlessly glam to me, which I really like, and it’s classic, just like Stephanie and Elizabeth (my other two definite choices).

My biggest concern with Jacqueline is that it doesn’t have the 80s teenager vibe as much as the other names I like do. Jacqueline’s biggest connections for me are Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Jackie from That 70’s Show (as well as a good friend in high school) which are more 60s/70s or earlier to me than 80s.

What are your thoughts on Jacqueline? Does it fit my 80s teenager vibe or is it too classic?

Thanks!

It definitely fits imo! All the Jacquelines I know are 80s/90s kids. I think it’s a pretty name, although I don’t love [name_u]Jackie[/name_u]. I do think the [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] spelling is very pretty and I strongly dislike the other spellings that became popular like [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f], [name_f]Jacklyn[/name_f], etc

1 Like

I like the quick, bright sound of [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] is super fun and cute. It was still in the top 100 in the 80s so it still shares that vibe!!

I think it fits perfectly with the 80’s vibe! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!!

After reading all the responses on my three posts carefully and talking it over with S/O, I think my heart does lie with [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] in the J name debate! :heartbeat:

When it came down to it, I just have more reasons why I love [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] over the other names, and I didn’t really have any cons/downsides that really concerned me at the end of the day like I did with the other two.

Thank you so much to everyone for helping me gain perspective on this!