Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

That is too good :rofl:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Much more fun than [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

4 Likes

Really a good choice for a brother and sister. Sweetly goes together. :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Have to say I hate it… I’m sorry I know so many of you love it but just can’t. Nothing against the couple or the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] or anything (I’m American)

I just hate the name [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]. As much as I don’t want the name [name_f]Lily[/name_f] to get anymore popular (it’s one of my favorites and I know a ton of people will copy) I personally think it’s a better choice while still a nod in the [name_f]Queen[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of untraditional spellings so I prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] to [name_f]Lili[/name_f] (makes me want to say [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Lee)

But, it’s not my kid and who the hell cares what I think lol… just thought I’d offer a different perspective.

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] was a given.

12 Likes

I love it so much! [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] is adorable and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is gorgeous. Both great honor names!!

3 Likes

I absolutely love the name. Lilibet Diana is a nice tribute to 3 important people in their lives… though, like @katinka, I wish they would have been able to honour Doria also.

Lilibet → honours both the Queen and Prince Philip – Article
Diana → Harry’s mum

The name is perfect, IMO.

2 Likes

I think it’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I think it’s super cute, gives me fairy-tale vibes. [name_f]Lili[/name_f] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] make a great sibset.

4 Likes

Fully agree! The NB community is wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You’re not the only one, I’ve heard it mentioned by others. Actually, someone on Instagram called them name-stealers :grimacing:

Though I don’t think it’s a big deal considering both are family names

3 Likes

I did think about this! It’s super similar! But I do remember the family often have similar names to eachother. [name_m]Prince[/name_m] George’s middle name is [name_m]Louis[/name_m], and his brother [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Louis’ middle name is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], which is his cousin’s first name (via [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton). Many of the cousins have the full [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] in the middle spot, too. I’ve heard that [name_m]Archie[/name_m] was actually [name_m]Prince[/name_m] George’s nickname, so when he was out in public he was not recognised. And then there’s the fact that [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and Lili’s parents aren’t that…close :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

lilibet diana is such a sweet & darling little name, and i adore lili as a nickname!! lili & archie sound adorable together!!

3 Likes

i don’t like it. they’re planning on using an abbreviation (lili) of an abbreviation (lilibet). it’s not a name that i would take seriously on a grown woman. i was expecting something in honor of doria.

2 Likes

I very much like it. [name_f]Lilabet[/name_f] is unexpected and beautiful. [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is a great honour.

2 Likes

I think it’s cute but I don’t love it. I think my feelings are slightly coloured by the fact I know so many baby lilys of different spellings lately.

I am also a bit dissapointed that Meghan’s side have not been honoured with either name.

2 Likes

I like it, although my mouth has a bit of trouble saying Lilibet. I think it’s sweet and playful like Archie, though nowhere near as popular. It really would have been nice to have Meghan’s side honoured too, but honestly I think we might be over-scrutinising them on that front - as we namenerds tend to do! If any normal person had a child and happened to choose honour names from only one side of the family, I don’t think we would feel that it was strange. Especially since Harry’s mother has passed away and Meghan’s mother is happily still with us, to me it makes a lot of sense that they’ve chose the honour names in the way that they have. I think they’ve said somewhere they only want two children so unfortunately I don’t think we will get to see a lovely Doria / Dorian type combo - which is a shame!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to ignore the fact that one of my favorite names has been used by an A list celebrity… :grimacing:

All frustration aside, May Lilibet approves of the little darling’s name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hmm well in the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] family they often recycle all the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] names. [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] Tindall for instance, both their sons have [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] as a middle name. I think [name_u]George[/name_u] has [name_m]Louis[/name_m] as a middle name too and obviously [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_m]Williams[/name_m] third is [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

I love it so much! [name_m]Just[/name_m] beautiful :grin:

1 Like