Name Rants

If it makes you feel better, [name_u]Kobe[/name_u] Bryant’s parents came up with his name after having delicious steak at a nice restaurant. And [name_u]Kobe[/name_u] is a great name!

4 Likes

Late reply (very!) but this is my exact problem with Evaluna. A bittersweet problem to have!

7 Likes

What about [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]?

[name_u]New[/name_u] Comment -------->

You know what I’ve absolutely had enough of? Facebook name shaming groups.

I saw a post the other day of a lady asking for C boy names for her upcoming kid and gave some examples of [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] , [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]. I suggest [name_u]Channing[/name_u] , [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] , [name_m]Conan[/name_m] , [name_m]Crawford[/name_m] , [name_m]Cannon[/name_m] , [name_u]Clayton[/name_u] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]. So nothing crazy right? Some guy tags one of those groups (This name is a tradegih I think) and when I answered “Well what do you think a good name?” HE COULDN’T ANSWER ME. I feel like if you’re going to trash name suggestions you have to have an answer to that question. Because bad names can’t exist without good names. Then another girl in the commented about that if she chose a certain she’d bully them herself. And in my opinion whilst there are bigger issues in the world it’s so cruel and unnecessary.

6 Likes

i’m studying to be a teacher and i’m so scared that a kid will have a name i really like and possibly ruin the association (i don’t wanna say a kid i don’t like or an annoying kid because they are kids and i believe it’s immature to not like a kid especially as a teacher but i hope you guys know what i’m trying to say hehe)

5 Likes

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

One named [name_u]Halle[/name_u] , one named Lujah problem solved.

8 Likes

I think part of the reason I’m having trouble narrowing down my lists is because my taste in names is so… non-linear. For example - I really like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], but the sound of [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is much more appealing. But I think I prefer [name_m]Otis[/name_m] to [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. But then, I kind of feel that I like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] better than Otis… and now my head is confused! And then it just goes round and round like this for like 90% of my names, until I give up and stop even thinking about trying to rank them :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I honestly completely forgot that was the witches name :skull: I think it’s super pretty, though in all honesty I always end up falling for the villains and their names :sweat_smile: the meaning is kinda cool too

2 Likes

I’ve started using the spelling [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] just on the forums even though if I were to use it in real life I would 100% use [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. I’m just tired of “oh if it were [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] I would vote for it” or “except I much prefer Zoe” when it’s unrelated to a question of spelling…

8 Likes

I know I’m just one person but I’m Team Zoey too if it helps!

6 Likes

That’s cool! You don’t have to call me leafygreens, a lot of people on here actually go by names, I go by [name_u]Night[/name_u]. If you wanted you can start going by [name_u]Jadis[/name_u] on here!

1 Like

Why can’t parents yell the name of their kids as much as their kids yell mommy and daddy?!

11 Likes

Oh, I think it’s pretty close in this house at the moment :joy: Especially with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m].

3 Likes

I have so many names I like but only one that I truly love and could imagine using on a child. So I guess I’ll just have to have one daughter so my other children don’t feel like their names aren’t as special!

2 Likes

I worked in a library and I remember one mom kept yelling at her little girl toddler “River” over and over again for what seemed like no real reason. Like she would find a reason to say her kid’s name every other word. Idk if she was just proud of the name and wanted everyone to know it or what but it really made me dislike the name [name_u]River[/name_u] for a while. :joy:

3 Likes

laurence ‘laurie’ and josephine ‘jo’ would make such a lovely sibset if it weren’t for little women :weary:

17 Likes

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]?
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]?

1 Like

I have since re-done my combos (Violet [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] Lily) but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is really gorgeous!

Why do [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] both have to mean golden??

Like [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] would be such a pretty combo…but no :weary:

6 Likes

I’d still do it too pretty not to :skull:

8 Likes