Name Rants

@leafygreens @ladyforgetful thank you :heart: i think i’ll just see what some people irl think & if they dig it it’ll convince me !!

2 Likes

Names suck

5 Likes

Strength and softness can coexist in a name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

anywhere.

6 Likes

Oh, yes ! I was just relating it to “name rants,” but I totally agree :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@francietercis Ardy could work, but I see why those two could be thought of as the only two natural nicknames.

1 Like

am now up to 3/4 girl combos in my uc containing a month name ^^ can’t decide whether to take one out or just do something with july and call it a theme!

4 Likes

I’ve had [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_u]Dune[/name_u] on my list since 2018 and now it looks a Timothee Chalamet themed combo :sob:

15 Likes

If you critique a name as “gay,” or any iteration of that, I know instantly not to worry what you have to say on the matter.

24 Likes

god yes. the implication that a) names can have / allude to a certain sexuality and b) something being gay is bad is just… disappointing and disgusting

15 Likes

I realized something tonight - I’m writing a lot of baby name cheques I can’t cash for my future kids. Like you hear names like [name_f]Topanga[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and [name_f]Breeze[/name_f] and you think of like a cool hippie in long skirts with a nose ring and gorgeous tattoos and when you hear [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] and [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] and Rydell and you think of like a super fit active woman with whose full of life and energy and my kids friends and their parents are going to be so excited to meet me and my future spouse. Then my awkward , annoying , chubby self who dresses like that one episode of the Simpsons where [name_m]Homer[/name_m] starts working from home is going to show up and they’re gonna be like “What?!”. I mean like I’ve got time and this ain’t gonna stop me but oof good luck [name_u]Charlie[/name_u].

5 Likes

[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] has such a pretty imagery but I really just do not like the sound of it, all I see is :corn:

9 Likes

I wish [name_f]Altalune[/name_f] wasn’t made up by celebrities – it’s so pretty but!! I’ll never use it!!

8 Likes

I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], but [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is my dogs name. Ugh -_-

I also really love [name_u]Theo[/name_u] (g) though! I just wish I could use both

7 Likes

This is more a rant about me but if I don’t restart my elementary CAF by [name_f]Monday[/name_f] please come yell at me

I can only come up with combos for the names that I like but don’t love.

10 Likes

Same here! It’s almost like the names I love are so perfect that no middles could possibly measure up to them.

6 Likes

I love the sound and imagery of Lainey/Lainie/Laney but all of the spellings look wrong??

8 Likes

Yessss

The pain of wanting a smaller condensed UC but having a ton new combos you want to show off

12 Likes