Name Rants

I don’t know why I put certain options in polls knowing what the majority is gonna be :woman_facepalming:

18 Likes

I know an Anna-Grace as well. Her first name is literally just Grace-Grace, which I just realized. I still love it though!

5 Likes

i hate having names that i’m not sure on. do i like elisabeth? i don’t know! i like it some days, but not others. i wish i could make up my mind :sneezing_face:

15 Likes

lol i know exactly what you’re referring to and it ruined the name for me too

1 Like

me, but’s basically my whole list :joy:

my own rant: I need to let myself be comfortable with my dated tastes and stop caring if the internet or anyone else, tbh, hates my names bc they’re “dated”.

12 Likes

All my favourite names are too popular. I don’t like “unique” names. My all time favourite names are Chloe and Charlotte. Will they ever grow out of style?

7 Likes

i know elio means sun, but it feels more like the moon to me (':

and i almost used “elio solstice” earlier which would be so cute if not for the meanings </3

10 Likes

I need to stop putting [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] on such a high pedestal because this is why I don’t end up loving any other names - they aren’t [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. :exploding_head:

14 Likes

why does ulysses not work with anything?? i cannot for the life of my find a good fn for ulysses :sob:

3 Likes

There’s one name that a user came up with and they posted it in a lounge thread and I loooooove it and have loved it for a while but it’s very unique and i want to credit them but i cant remember who it was who posted it so i cant pm them asking if i can use it and i’m not a regular anymore so i can’t even check the thread to see who posted it. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

7 Likes

i’ll check for you if you dm me the name!

1 Like

[name_m]Nixon[/name_m] and [name_m]Dixon[/name_m] would be so cool if one wasn’t associated with political scandal and the other didn’t shorten to Dick(s). I just love the way they sound but am so reluctant to add them to my list :sob:

4 Likes

right ??? nixon “nix” is awesome :sob: :sob: i feel your pain

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] fav is Ixion! Has a mythological association instead :wink:

2 Likes

Why is it so difficult finding girls names that go with [name_f]Lola[/name_f] that

1. don’t feel totally different stylistically
  2. work in all the languages I’d like them to work in
  3. aren’t too similar to [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
  4. I actually like :sweat_smile:
4 Likes

I finally got up the nerve to start going by [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] full time, it was a friends only nick name for years before I got a new job and introduced myself that way, and now it’s basically just my name. I’m thrilled, it has way less baggage, wonderful life now etc etc.
But every time I introduce myself to someone I now have a 50% change of them going, oh cool that’s so and so’s dog’s name.

Also, not really a name rant but I’m mad that I am not in a place in life to start TTC. I’m tired of dreaming and planning :frowning: It sucks that my chosen profession requires so much school.

15 Likes

Why does the pet name category get so little attention :frowning:
And I can’t even go back to my old method of using the baby name category, because all the threads I used to use aren’t that active anymore either.

2 Likes

I do like that! The “ix” sound is just so cool.

1 Like

my manager is convinced that my name is spelt hanna and i have no idea why?!?! hannah is so much more common why is it so hard for people :sob:

8 Likes

[name_f]Every[/name_f] time we talk about a name having a roaring 20s flair we really mean it has a 1900’s flair as all the young adults in that decade were born then

Less of a rant, more of an observation

11 Likes