Name Rants

Fully agree, I just think that it isn’t fair to label a name without knowing the reasoning or anything else behind it!

3 Likes

Oh yea I definitely agree on that!

We know a baby [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f] and she’s as cute as they come

2 Likes

why does susannah have to mean lily when susannah lily and lily susannah are such gorgeous combos :sob:

19 Likes

@hannahhh
Makes me think of the show The Middle - there’s a character named [name_f]Sue[/name_f] whose middle name is also [name_f]Sue[/name_f], and she decides to change it to [name_f]Sue[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but then realizes that it’s basically the same so she leaves it [name_f]Sue[/name_f] [name_f]Sue[/name_f].

1 Like

Am I the only one who pronounce [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogene[/name_f] differently?

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]: im-oh-jen
[name_f]Imogene[/name_f]: im-oh-gene

But I feel like I’m pronouncing them both wrong.

16 Likes

As far as I know, you’re correct! I pronounce them the same way as you :blush:

5 Likes

I speak fluent Spanish… so tell me why it took me forever & a half to realize two of my favorite names, Vivia & Marina can mean “Used to Live” & “Marinate” in Spanish :expressionless: :sob:

13 Likes

Isn’t [name_f]Marina[/name_f] quite popular in Spain though? So I guess it’s not that big a problem.

3 Likes

@Rosebeth Very true, it’s also well used in Mexico but it’s just my personal pet peeve I suppose :sweat_smile: Also surprised I never noticed!

2 Likes

I saw a baby with one of those swaddles with their names on it but I didn’t get close enough to figure out the name :sob:

4 Likes

This happened with the name Adrian for me, it’s so annoying.

1 Like

I have the same issue, but with Aurora. Aurora Dawn is so pretty, but it would mean the dawn dawn

5 Likes

Honeymoon would make such a nice middle name, but alas… :pensive::fist:

17 Likes

I’ve almost suggested it to people before then I realize :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I currently have more boys names than girls names and it feels wrong.

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s brother [name_u]John[/name_u] accidentally named her after himself (he meant to name her after his crush lol)

[name_u]Testimony[/name_u] is a name that exists in the database of this glorious website… and I actually quite like it with the nickname [name_f]Tess[/name_f] / [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] . I’m quite astonished that my love for word names can go that far but hey , making some combos won’t hurt anybody.

13 Likes

I can’t stand [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] / [name_u]Sully[/name_u]! All I can think is monster’s inc plus it’s just it just is not an appealing name w/ how it sounds and looks. I get last names as first names but…Sullivan? Why???

1 Like

It’s perfectly reasonable to postpone discussing names until TTC, but it still feels like I’m giving up on my hobby here :confused:

2 Likes