Name to Manifest Baby 3 šŸ™šŸ»

Hello, new here. :wave:t2: I have been mostly silently watching the last 72 hours and am absolutely :flushed: at the amount of beautiful names you all come up with. Itā€™s honestly confusing me.

We have two children named [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Young[/name_m] and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_m]Woods[/name_m] nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] or [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] [name_m]Woods[/name_m], with a third hopefully hopefully in the works. :sweat_smile: Iā€™m hoping that choosing a name will manifest a sweet baby into existence. [name_f]Kismet[/name_f].

We want to stick with our Hebrew/Biblical theme for first names. Their middles are meaningful family names. Our last name is [name_f]English[/name_f]/German and begins with W. Itā€™s Walters. I donā€™t know why Iā€™m being secretive.

Hereā€™s our tiny list:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_m]Benji[/name_m] (my dadā€™s name is [name_u]Bennie[/name_u])
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

Middle contenders are: McClain, [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Meta[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u], [name_f]Roberta[/name_f], [name_f]Arlene[/name_f], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Udell[/name_m], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_m]Cole[/name_m]

Open to any suggestions and unhealthily excited to see what you come up with. Thanks in advance. :blush:

5 Likes

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry, @eleanorfrigsby! Iā€™m so glad you decided to join us :blush:

Your children have amazing names! I know it doesnā€™t fit your criteria at all, but I actually think [name_f]Kismet[/name_f] would make a fabulous name, especially for a girl. [name_m]Just[/name_m] throwing that out there :wink:

I really like all of your boysā€™ names, especially [name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_m]Benji[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] feels a little trendy right now and [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] feels a little too stodgy still to me (although I love [name_m]Abram[/name_m] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m], go figure).

More boysā€™ names you might likeā€¦

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] ([name_u]Sol[/name_u] :heart_eyes:)
[name_u]Elim[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Omri[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] ([name_m]Raffy[/name_m], [name_u]Rafa[/name_u])
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Moses[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] ([name_u]Zeke[/name_u])
[name_u]Elisha[/name_u]
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m] ([name_m]Ozzy[/name_m])
[name_m]Esau[/name_m]
[name_m]Liev[/name_m]

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] best from your girlsā€™ list, but I do wonder if a) [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a little too close to [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], and b) if both feel a little ā€œpedestrianā€ alongside your kidsā€™ names :thinking:

[name_m]How[/name_m] aboutā€¦

[name_f]Shoshana[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariam[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Raphaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
[name_f]Vashti[/name_f]
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u] (or [name_u]Carmel[/name_u])
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]
[name_u]Aquila[/name_u]
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] ([name_f]Zippy[/name_f]!)
[name_f]Ziva[/name_f]

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @eleanorfrigsby and welcome! I have to say I love your naming style! [name_f]Happy[/name_f] to see a fellow 30-something in here too :grinning: (as much as I love you teenberries).

From your list I LOVE [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_u]Ira[/name_u]! [name_m]Silas[/name_m] might be a touch easier to wear for a boy. [name_m]Benji[/name_m] is sweet as a nn but I much prefer [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] as a fn (just personally). [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is cool but has never done much for me. [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] is a no go for me.

For your girlsā€¦ [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] are all really sweet but maybe a little tame for your naming style. Have you considered [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]? [name_f]Aliza[/name_f] is interesting but I think I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

@katinka has given you a bunch of awesome suggestions so Iā€™ll add some upvotesā€¦

+10 [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (YES!)
+1 [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
+1 [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
+1 [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
+1 [name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
+1 [name_m]Liev[/name_m]

+1 [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
+10 [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Other thoughtsā€¦
[name_f]Aida[/name_f]
[name_f]Freida[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f] :heart_eyes:
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]

[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_m]Noam[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]

2 Likes

Welcome! I love your kidsā€™ names! So beautiful!

I love [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_f]Aliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

Silas [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

Josephine [name_f]Roberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

I love the suggestion of [name_m]Solomon[/name_m].

Amos
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]

2 Likes

I read your post aloud to my husband and announced Iā€™ve found the geniuses of the Internet. Thank you so much!

For boys I have added [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sol[/name_u] (AMAZING! [name_f]My[/name_f] husbandā€™s late fatherā€™s nickname was [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] and I like that theyā€™re similar but not the same), [name_m]Moses[/name_m] nn [name_u]Moe[/name_u], [name_m]Abel[/name_m] (although Abels could be a middle name, as it is a surname on my husbandā€™s side), [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] nn [name_u]Bo[/name_u], [name_m]Linus[/name_m] (!!!), and [name_m]Zebulon[/name_m] nn [name_m]Zeb[/name_m].

And for girls we freakinā€™ love [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zippy[/name_f]. I havenā€™t ever heard that name, said it about 45m times and decided it is perfect. I know for a fact my dad will make this face :anguished::unamused: and then years down the road let it ā€œslipā€ that itā€™s growing on him, just like how he says he ā€œdoesnā€™t likeā€ cats but totally does, ya know? I also added [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] (beautiful) nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

I mean, I wanted one or two more kids, but unless I give them 30 names eachā€¦ :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @elleplume! Us grandmillenials gotta stick together. :wink:

Thanks for your ideas about our list. Youā€™ve given me a lot to think about! I think [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is a wonderful name. I liked that even though [name_m]Benji[/name_m] would be giving a nickname as a full name, it matches that my dadā€™s given name is also a nickname ([name_u]Bennie[/name_u]). Would that sort of thing make a difference to you?

I added [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], obviously. And from your suggestions Iā€™ve added [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] and [name_m]Noam[/name_m] (even though Iā€™ve made like 4 [name_m]Noam[/name_m] Chomsky jokes this year aloneā€¦itā€™s been a slow year for jokes). I wanted to add I love love love the name [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], but I have a fat chicken with that name. :laughing:

1 Like

I donā€™t know if [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is your name, but :heart_eyes:. Thanks for your response and for including middle name suggestions. I hadnā€™t thought of all but one of those combinations ([name_f]Aliza[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]).

I added [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and thatā€™s a top contender now because itā€™s perfect, but I love your other suggestions as well. I am going to add [name_u]Amos[/name_u] and I wish I could add [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] (such a sweet name), but itā€™s a no go for my husband since I had a ā€œfriendā€ in college with that name. :crazy_face:

1 Like

flirty flirting GIF

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] you liked some of the suggestions! I would be beyond excited to see a little [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] ā€œ[name_f]Zippy[/name_f]ā€ :heart:

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your list-

Boys-

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]-This is a great name, & goes well w/your crew. Itā€™s simple yet not too popular. It has a handsome, slightly cowboy-y, but the down to earth kind cowboy, not the jerky kind.

[name_u]Ira[/name_u]-This is an underused gem in my opinion. It sounds smart, a little geeky but in a quirky way not a doofy way, & is strong & masculine while sounding kind & approachable. All of the good qualities! Plus, itā€™s simple & unique.

[name_m]Benji[/name_m]-I think that [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] nn [name_m]Benji[/name_m] is really cute, but just [name_m]Benji[/name_m] on its own isnā€™t my cup of tea.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]-Really cool name. Gentle yet boyish, outdoorsy, a little artsy, easy to say & spell. Definitely getting a tad popular.

[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]-A solid handsome classic. I donā€™t see this one getting as common as some other boy biblical names are these days. I love the charming nn of [name_m]Abe[/name_m].

Girls-[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u]-[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful. Itā€™s smart, feminine, classic & just lovable. [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] & [name_u]Josie[/name_u] would be perfect for sisters.

[name_f]Aliza[/name_f]-I know that this is the Hebrew way, but the ā€˜Aā€™ bugs me. I really like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Or even better, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Thatā€™d be adorable w/your crew.

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]-I really like this, & you rarely see it. It has beautiful nature imagery, is smart & kind sounding. Well known but not at all popular.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]-Really nice solid classic name. Maybe a little close to [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] & really over done.

A few more ideas that you may like: (sorry for any repeats!)

Boys-

[name_u]Ari[/name_u]-my sweet little kittyā€™s name. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat:

[name_m]Abel[/name_m]

[name_m]Avram[/name_m]/Avi

[name_m]Abram[/name_m]

[name_u]Amos[/name_u]

[name_u]Asa[/name_u]

[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]

[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] nn [name_m]Barnes[/name_m]

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

[name_m]David[/name_m]

[name_m]Eben[/name_m]-to honor your dad?!

[name_u]Elisha[/name_u]

[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u]?

[name_m]Liev[/name_m] :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m] nn [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

[name_m]Oren[/name_m]

[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] :woman_shrugging :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]

[name_m]Zacceus[/name_m]

[name_m]Zev[/name_m]

Girls-

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]-love thisā€¦maybe nn [name_f]Vivie[/name_f]

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]

[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]

[name_f]Chana[/name_f]

[name_f]Davita[/name_f]/Vivie

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]

[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Leah[/name_f]

[name_f]Leora[/name_f]-so pretty!

[name_f]Malka[/name_f]

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]!

[name_f]Nava[/name_f]ā€¦just beautiful & underused

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

[name_f]Rivka[/name_f]

[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]-so many cute nns. [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Susie[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] & [name_f]Sally[/name_f]

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your name commentary is exactly what Iā€™m looking for, so thank you!

I love the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so much, but I have an aunt who goes by [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] :heart_eyes: and a SIL with that name and I think it sounds maybe too classic next to [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]. I have seen a lot of people seem to prefer the [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] spelling of [name_f]Aliza[/name_f]. Interesting since it feels similar to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] to me and that seems well-liked.

[name_f]Haddie[/name_f] & [name_u]Josie[/name_u] do seem like a perfect pair of sisters. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Our [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] has already expressed she will be the only ā€˜Hā€™, so I think Iā€™m going to remove [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] from our list even though I love it and that theyā€™d both have a little ā€˜Hā€™ hug in their name. :pensive:

For boys I added [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_u]Amos[/name_u], [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], [name_m]Eben[/name_m], [name_m]Liev[/name_m], [name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. I love [name_m]Zacceus[/name_m], but if anything bad happens to my husband, [name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_m]Efron[/name_m] is my second husband, so I have to be mindful of that.

And for girls, Iā€™ve added [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it as a girlā€™s name too?

1 Like

Oh my gosh, your [name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_m]Efron[/name_m] comment is hilarious! :joy: I agree that he would make a great husband. :grin:

I personally prefer [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] for a boy, but kind of feel like Iā€™m in the minority. Itā€™s a place name in the Old Testament, so it really works fine for boy or girl since itā€™s not after a person.

1 Like

Updated and WAY longer name list:

:boy:t3:
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] nn [name_m]Benji[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] or [name_m]Abram[/name_m] nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_m]Moses[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] nn [name_u]Bo[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m] nn [name_m]Zeb[/name_m]
[name_m]Noam[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m] nn [name_m]Obi[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m] or [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Liev[/name_m] :heart_eyes: (this one is growing on me. I love the name [name_u]Levi[/name_u], who was my childhood neighbor and best friend, but a different [name_u]Levi[/name_u] tormented my husband in school.)
[name_m]Eben[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]

:girl:t2:
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_f]Raphaela[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_u]Elim[/name_u]
[name_f]Amarys[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]

Thanks for everyoneā€™s help and additions. Having this to occupy my mind definitely helps while we wait. :blush:

4 Likes

I mean, right? :sweat_smile: Heā€™s a total bro, but he cares about climate change. Sealed the deal for me. Other things also sealed the deal, but theyā€™re not Internet friendly, sooooā€¦

Iā€™m gonna have a think on [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] for a boy. Iā€™ve never met one and in my mind itā€™s feminine, but thatā€™s what neuroplasticity is for. Thanks again for the suggestions!

2 Likes

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is such a great name for a chicken!

I wanted to add about [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]ā€¦ I actually went to school with [name_f]Zippora[/name_f] Sev3n who is now a world famous model and has brought this name a lot of attention. She was so sweet and unassuming as a kid but everyone envied her name. We ALL wanted to be called [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] :joy:

You asked about [name_m]Benji[/name_m]. I think Iā€™m biased because my brothers name is [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] but I donā€™t like [name_m]Benji[/name_m] on itā€™s own.

Iā€™m thrilled that you love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] though!!

1 Like

Love [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] and [name_u]Josie[/name_u].

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Moriah[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

Micah
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]

1 Like

I was going to reply to this thread about [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] [name_u]Seven[/name_u] but figured no one would know who I was talking about!

1 Like

I know 2 shilohs both girls. I love zippy for you also what about [name_f]Ophira[/name_f]???

I think all of those names are beautiful, especially [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], but ever since Frozen 2 came out I tack on ā€œ[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]!!!ā€ when Iā€™ve been calling for my kids and theyā€™re ignoring meā€¦ then laugh maniacally and say, ā€œI DONā€™T EVEN KNOW A SAMANTHA.ā€ Soā€¦ :grimacing: parenting hacks.

I love the name [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™d use it. I keep saying it aloud, though. There arenā€™t many around and itā€™s really pretty.

[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] is one that I hadnā€™t thought about until today. I like that itā€™s a mix between [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f], but Iā€™m not sure if my husband will be on board.

I also love [name_u]Micah[/name_u] for a girl as well as [name_u]Levi[/name_u], but theyā€™re both names of people who bullied my husband in school. Iā€™m still trying to get [name_u]Levi[/name_u] on the list. We share a baby names note and I add it every single day and he takes it off. :recycle:

2 Likes

I definitely didnā€™t. :older_woman:t2: But I did look her up and sheā€™s a m o o d. Are yā€™all from [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand? Iā€™m trying to figure out how [name_f]Zippy[/name_f] / [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] would sound with a different accent.

Note: We live in the [name_u]South[/name_u] (USA), so it might sound reallllll honky tonk depending on who says it.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband took [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] off the list about 15 minutes after I added it, so :woman_shrugging:t2:

I like [name_f]Ophira[/name_f]. Itā€™s very pretty and the nickname Ophi would be cute as heck, but I think itā€™s too close to [name_f]Oprah[/name_f] for me to really love it. Iā€™m not sure. I will add it to our list and see what happens.