Naming our Sweet, girly "Little Lady" baby

Surprised to say we are having a girl!!! Not a boy as I had suspected.
We saw her precious little face on a 3D ultrasound image!!!
She has a very delicate fine fairylike face with full pouty lips.
I’m thinking with that face she needs a girly, sweet, “little lady” name.
Something feminine but not too frilly.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] has been our #1 name for a while, but now I’m second guessing.

-We prefer names that are easy to spell, easy to pronounce and known.
-We prefer a more timeless name over a trendier name (eg Prefer [name_f]Kate[/name_f] over [name_u]Avery[/name_u])
-Names with a long “A” (Eg [name_f]Ava[/name_f]) don’t suit our LN as it contains a long “A”
2 syllable names ending in “a” also sound a bit rhymey with our LN -eg imagine [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u].

Ideas I have already been tossing around:
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (popularity puts me off this one a bit)

Names I like but she doesn’t seem to suit:
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (should work but it just doesn’t seem to)
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

Now we are getting to the “ACTUALLY NAMING A [name_u]BABY[/name_u]” part of my membership on Nameberry it is exciting yet also daunting!
So all you creative people- give me your best ideas.

Congratulations!

The first name I actually thought of was [name_f]Rose[/name_f], so glad to see that one on your list, but really any of the other names on your list could work. If [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is your favorite, I think that could definitely be a good name for her.

Here are some other ideas:

• [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  • [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Pella[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adela[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Abra[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f] / [name_f]Marine[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] / [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Lileas[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mab[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] votes goes to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Other ideas:
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

[name_m]Aren[/name_m]'t you a teenager?

I don’t really have suggestions (sorry my brain is wedding-fried - 7 days till my wedding). I just wanted to post to say: CONGRATULATIONS how absolutely thrilling!

I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and was sad when friend of ours named their little girl [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] R0se. (What a divine combo though her older sister is Vi0let). I just needed to share as you have all three of those on your list.

:smiley: [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! :smiley: Yes, she does fit as a name. MNs are the hard part with the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Perhaps [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]?

I rather like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. Have considered all at various times.
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is one I have considered on and off- especially NN [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] is one I had never really thought of- but it would fit the face! [name_m]Will[/name_m] consider/ research that one- thanks.

@sorceress, @emiliaj has been a forum member and poster in good standing for over two years and we have no reason to believe she’s anyone other than who she says she is, an adult happily pregnant after TTC via IVF for a long time.

I love your list! [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is gorgeous! I also love [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

Thanks Nooshi!!! Lots of fresh ideas and renewed reminder of old ‘loves’

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] On my Short list- but worried people will hear “[name_f]Melody[/name_f]”
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] Funnily enough I used to like this name- went off it, but when I think of her face it came back to me- NN [name_f]Lani[/name_f] (lar-nee)
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] OHHH!!! I like that one- will consider and research it! Thanks
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] Pretty but too whimsical for me
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] NMS
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f] [name_m]Long[/name_m] A
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] Pretty- will mull that one over.
[name_f]Pella[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] Bit too whimsical for me
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] Like this one as a MN actually
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] Pretty but too frilly for me
[name_f]Adela[/name_f] Other DD has [name_u]Adel[/name_u] as a MN
[name_f]Adelie[/name_f] Other DD has [name_u]Adel[/name_u] as a MN
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] Too vintage for me
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it… not sure with our LN, will practice saying it and see, thanks
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] Pretty but too whimsical for me
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] NMS
[name_f]Abra[/name_f] Bit too whimsical for me
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] Hmm- made me think of an idea [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]!!! nn [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!!! Thanks
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] Taught too many [name_f]Bella[/name_f]/ [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ella[/name_f] girls so not keen on “[name_f]Ella[/name_f]” sound
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] One I have previously consider- will revisit- thanks for that suggestion
[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f] Pretty but too whimsical for me
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] Pretty but too frilly for me
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Marina[/name_f] / [name_f]Marine[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Pretty but too frilly for me
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_m]Will[/name_m] consider it- wonder if [name_f]Evie[/name_f] could be a NN?
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] Pretty but too whimsical for me
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] OHHH, I have liked that in the past and forgotten that one- thanks
[name_f]Annalie[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f] Another “ella” link
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] Liked it before but over “ella”
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] / [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] That would be pretty and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is sweet- thanks
[name_f]Lileas[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] Mmm… maybe, will consider
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] Know a newborn one, so off my list
[name_f]Mab[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] Funny enough was discussing this name with my DD- explained it’s meaning would be very appropriate as I am pregnant after 2 miscarriages with this rainbow baby girl- maybe as a MN… but will think about whether it might work as a FN
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] Maybe… pretty… hmmm yes, it is worth thinking on, thanks.

I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and have yet to ever meet a baby or little one with this name. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname!

Thanks neeeea
[name_f]Glad[/name_f] you like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

Thanks for giving me more ideas for this little lady.
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] Bit too close to my name -[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m] a rethink, thanks
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] As a teacher I am a bit over "ella’ names
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Our God daughter’s name- “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” -yes it is cute though
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] NMS
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] Bit too close to [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] Similar to my late grandma’s MN [name_f]Leonore[/name_f]- will relook at derivatives- thanks for that idea
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] Maybe- [name_f]MIL[/name_f] is [name_f]Eva[/name_f]- so good nod
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]My[/name_f] DS suggested this one today- nn [name_f]Tori[/name_f] [name_m]Will[/name_m] reconsider, thanks
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] Have 2 [name_m]SIL[/name_m]'s [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Celia[/name_f]… so… too many! LOL
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] Maybe- will think on that one
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] NMS
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] While I like it- it does remind me of [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]'s daughter

Thankyou for the lovely congratulations. :smiley: After 2 long hard years of disappointments this little lady just fills all our hearts to the brim. I want her to be very well named as I suspect she will be our last chance at naming.

[name_m]How[/name_m] funny that they chose many of the names I also like. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is precious!

I remember those last days before we were married- just when we thought we had everything organised we would suddenly remember silly detail things. I was so tired I couldn’t wait until the honeymoon to sleep! Best wishes for your big day! <3

Thanks xoxoxo
It’s been quite some years since I waved goodbye to being a teenager! LOL

Oh, BTW I found this Nameberry post I wrote from 2 years and 3 months ago. If I were a teenager I doubt I would have bothered with the long term effort to talk about IVF and TTC over a 2 year time span just for some fun.

The MN we have been pairing with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].
If we went with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] we’ve been think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a family name from DH side.
Sometimes I pair [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a name option- nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (initials are E.V.)

I am reconsidering [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] now after PP suggested [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f].

I like your kid’s names- [name_m]Henry[/name_m] was one of our favourite for a boy and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is on our list too.

WOW! tfzolghadr that is one massive ideas list! Thanks… about to go through it!
I was 100% sure we were team blue, virtually no morning sickness. When the scan lady said we were having a boy I lay there silent (literally stunned silence!) Then she asked “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you understand” -I don’t recall replying but DH said I answered “NO, I don’t” LOL!!! I understood what “girl” meant- but I just didn’t understand [name_m]HOW[/name_m] it was that the baby was a girl. Luckily 24 hrs later I recovered from the shock and went on a pink spending spree. Dangerous, yet so fun!

I love your chosen name [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] as it is similar to my name- [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. [name_m]Will[/name_m] you use a NN at all?

I just wanted to say Congrats! As a fellow IVFer (we are doing it to avoid passing on a genetic disease), I understand the long road to baby.

And I want to add that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is one of my all-time favorite names :slight_smile: So sweet, simple, feminine and classic. You have good taste though so you can’t go wrong!

I just wanted to say Congrats! As a fellow IVFer (we are doing it to avoid passing on a genetic disease), I understand the long road to baby.

And I want to add that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is one of my all-time favorite names :slight_smile: So sweet, simple, feminine and classic. You have good taste though so you can’t go wrong!

A big congrats to you Emiliaj on your baby girl. All babies are miracles and this little lady surely defines the term. After all of your struggles, I’m happy that your dearest wish is coming true. I like all of the names on your list (not much help there). [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] have the most spunk. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] sound elegant and ladylike. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] combine both qualities. You’ve been given some wonderful suggestions. I love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] from the previous posters.