Nicest (Unique) name you've ever heard!

Irie [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is soo pretty! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Some other names I’ve heard are
[name_f]Una[/name_f] - “white wave” in Celtic, I believe
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] - “the sea” in Greek
[name_f]My[/name_f] cat’s name before we changed it was Marseille
[name_f]Kairi[/name_f] - “sea” in Japanese
[name_f]Nimue[/name_f] - “lady of the lake” ( I always purposely pronounce it wrong because “[name_f]Nim[/name_f]-yoo” to me sounds better than “[name_f]Nim[/name_f]-ooay” )
[name_f]Roisin[/name_f] - “[name_f]Rose[/name_f]” in Irish
[name_m]Remus[/name_m] - “wolf”

1 Like

Astoria and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

How do you pronnounce [name_f]Irie[/name_f] ?

My son’s gf pronounces her name “Eye-ree”

1 Like

The lady I also encountered pronounced it as “EYE-ree” !

Irais (prn. Ee-dye-ees with a rolled ‘r’ sound) and the sweetest little 3 yr. old named [name_f]Arizona[/name_f] nn Rizzo

4 Likes

I had a friend named [name_f]Saray[/name_f]!

1 Like

Anais
[name_f]Provence[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmian[/name_f]
Caravelle

1 Like

A few real-life girls I know with really special names I found delightful:

Elora
Ivelisse (said like EE-vah-leese; she went by [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] prn like [name_f]Evie[/name_f])
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]

If we’re just talking names I’ve stumbled across here or there that I’ve LOVED, I would list [name_f]Odilia[/name_f]/Odelia, [name_f]Tirzah[/name_f] (TEER-zah), and Lærke (LAIR-keh) as my list-toppers. All three are on my list as middles. :heart:

… Also, not sure [name_f]Adele[/name_f] counts, since the singer is soooo famous, but I am HUGELY fond of the name and would consider it fairly unusual in usage if not familiarity. I would happily name a daughter [name_f]Adele[/name_f] today!

2 Likes

There is a little girl in my neighborhood named [name_f]Oceane[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] ( pronounced O-SHE-ANN ). I think it is such a cute, bold and unique name.

1 Like

Estrella and [name_u]Zion[/name_u] come to mind!

1 Like

I forgot Tasca! (TAH-ska)

2 Likes

Nandi (pronounced like [name_u]Andy[/name_u] with an N)
Jahsel (Jah-zel)

Wow, so many pretty names in this thread! I work at a school so I get to hear a lot of unique names, but some I’ve loved are [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_u]Jule[/name_u], and Sayali (PN sigh-uh-lee)

Thaynara (tay-nar-uh) not sure how common this is outside of America but I met a student at college with it and loved it.
Helyse (hell-ee-s) friend’s intended name for her girl!

Children from the school I work at:
Angely (ann-gel-ee)
Marleny (mar-len-ee)

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Noor[/name_f] for a girl, and [name_m]Aroon[/name_m] / [name_m]Arun[/name_m] for a boy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cosette, Monse (mon-say), and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ([name_u]Mel[/name_u])

1 Like

Paloma, [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] for a girl.

2 Likes

Nandini and [name_f]Maite[/name_f] - not really unique, but uncommon where I live!