Send us your baby announcements!

Congratulations! My husband and I wanted to call our daughter [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] is the most beautiful name we can think of for a little girl, and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] was the name of my lovely great grandma. But. . . we already have a son called [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. So we have to move on and think of something else! I’m very glad to know that a little girl somewhere in the world has been given this gorgeous name.
Wishing you and your family the very best.
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

1 Like

We welcomed our baby girl [name_f]Adalynn[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] only to say goodbye.
[name_f]Happy[/name_f] 4th Birthday [name_f]Adalynn[/name_f]. Daddy and I miss you very much, [name_m]Ky[/name_m] too.

In memory of [name_f]Adalynn[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] 18th [name_u]August[/name_u] 2013 - 19th [name_u]August[/name_u] 2013

Proud mumma to 2 angels in heaven and 4 angels on earth

[name_m]Kylan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] -6 (15/1/2011)
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - 4 mths (26/4/2017)
[name_m]Lyon[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]- 4 mths (26/4/2017)
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]- 4 mths (26/4/2017)

My neighbor just had twins, named [name_f]Jade[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] and [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] [name_f]Nova[/name_f] She explained that they first names were named after gemstones, and the middles after space objects.

3 Likes

We welcomed my first daughter on [name_f]October[/name_f] 3rd

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Leila[/name_f]

Her name means “bearer of good news”. She’s my surprise rainbow child. I had decided to stop TTC iand just be content with life childless. Then on the anniversary of my miscarriage I found out I was pregnant. I just love the sound of [name_f]Leila[/name_f].

3 Likes

we welcomed our 3rd child [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] into the world on the 7th of [name_f]October[/name_f]. Brother to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f].

2 Likes

CONGRATS, I am so happy for you, and [name_u]Love[/name_u] her name!

Congrats on your baby, love his name -.goes so well with his sisters!

Our fourth child arrived on Oct 3rd: [name_m]George[/name_m] Irenaeus. [name_m]George[/name_m] after the warrior and great martyr—we hope our son will be as brave, valiant, and generous, and also that he will be a man of peace “Irenaeus.” He joins older siblings [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]. We are so grateful”

My twin boys were born on [name_f]October[/name_f] 31. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u]) was born first, Quickly followed by [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. Both boys have family middles, and [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is named after my Grandfather, and his full name is [name_m]Archie[/name_m], not [name_m]Archibald[/name_m] or [name_m]Archer[/name_m]. I loved the name [name_u]Theo[/name_u] but my husband preferred [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. He went with my first pick, no objections, so compromise. We are so in love already.

2 Likes

We named our first child, a girl, [name_u]Emmet[/name_u] Amaranth.

1 Like

We welcomed our first son to our family this month, [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]. His first name is after his maternal great-grandpa who his mother was never able to meet and [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] is after his father and grandfather’s middle name.

3 Likes

We welcomed our first child last month. Her name is [name_u]Adair[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a family name. As to [name_u]Adair[/name_u]: We wanted unique but not “odd,” Gaelic but phonetic, and lilting–a tall order. We can thank nameberry for enabling us to find exactly what we were looking for!

2 Likes

We welcomed a baby BOY on 12/15 [name_m]Gaines[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. He joins big brother, Colson [name_u]Reid[/name_u] (2 and a half)

• [name_u]Tracey[/name_u]

[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] [name_m]Pavel[/name_m] joined the world on [name_u]December[/name_u] 15. Both of his names are full of meaning for us. His middle name is his father’s name. We wanted him to have his own name, but also his father’s name. My middle name is [name_u]Nichole[/name_u], so he has a part of my name as well as his dad’s. We live in Europe, but I’m American, so we needed a name that works in both cultures and languages and [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] fit perfectly. Plus, my DH’s late father was born on St. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], so [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] is a subtle nod to him. [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] was born Dec. 15 Europe time, but Dec. 14 US time - which is my dad’s birthday! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] joins big sisters, [name_f]Mariel[/name_f] and [name_f]Corah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Both girls fell in love with his name very early on too, so he was definitely named by the whole family. And of course, it is just a bit Christmasy for our [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby!

3 Likes

Welcomes #14 on 12/19/17… Miss [name_f]Makenna[/name_f] [name_u]Brae[/name_u]. She was our 9th baby girl and my 9th birth!

1 Like

We welcomed [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] in [name_u]December[/name_u], just getting around to submitting her name. Thanks Berries for all your help in narrowing it down!

2 Likes

We welcomed our baby girl [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] back in [name_u]August[/name_u] 2017.

[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u] was born to me in [name_f]February[/name_f]. His big brother [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_u]Jody[/name_u] is 8 years old.

We wavered on [name_u]Lee[/name_u]'s name for a long time, to the point of being worried we would have him before agreeing on a name. [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] was up there but even after less than two weeks I can’t imagine him as a [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] instead of a [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. I like a lot of real-life Lees ([name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]! [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Hazelwood, [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Krasner…), but more importantly it’s the name of a river I swam in as a child. We like how simple the name is, its sound, and that it’s easily unisex.

I’m not going to have any other kids so am a little sad to say goodbye to all the name possibilities, as a name nerd since childhood. Top of my girls list was [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] ([name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Max[/name_u]) and I like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] and [name_f]Greer[/name_f].

Welcomed surprise baby boy, [name_u]Walker[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] on 2.27.18! [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is a great grandfathers name, while my husband loved [name_u]Walker[/name_u] with [name_m]Williams[/name_m]. Brother to [name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (2) and [name_u]Conner[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] (9). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Despite being convinced my entire pregnancy that I was having a boy, I gave birth to another little girl! [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] joins big brother [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] and big sister [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] ([name_f]Hattie[/name_f]) [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]'s named in honor of her great-grandfather [name_m]George[/name_m] and great-great-grandmother [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]-- a strong-willed Irishwoman born in 1880 who lived to be 101 and to hold her first great-grandchild (me) in the last year of her life.

Her name took months of discussion to determine and we weren’t sure which direction to go in, should we have another girl, until a month before her birth. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] was my husband’s favorite from the get-go, but I toyed with tons of other names. I was determined to have the middle be [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]. Once I realized that I loved the way the two names sounded together, we were set.

We love how sweet and spunky and old-fashioned [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is, just like [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]. We also love how traditional and elegant it is, like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]. I’m happy [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] has prominent women role models with her name, just like [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] does. We expect future friends and loved ones may call her GG or [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] based on her initials, but we are sticking with just plan [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], which suits her fine.

1 Like