Talk About Your Story

Okay, so [name_f]Aimee[/name_f]’s calling her gf (fiancée as of Sept. 16th) Cauliflower now. IDK, she just wants to.

That’s really cute and funny, also reminds me of that french pet name that means cabbage (chou I think?) lol!

1 Like

Omg, I didn’t know that was a pet name. That’s so cute!

1 Like

Yea! They say that it implies that the speaker is calling the ‘Chou’ tiny and cute! When I was looking that up I found some more really funny things
e.g: Mijn poepie ([name_m]Dutch[/name_m], meaning my little poop), Tamago gata no kao (Japanese, an egg with eyes), etc
And now I’m just imagining a multilingual person calling their lover all of these bizzare and cute nicknames😂

I thought of this story while I was in the shower, and whoa

Warning: full of some tropes and only minor capitalization, some bad grammar? and has no " ’ "

A ruler was shunned for having medusa-like powers (like his father) as a child

When his mother found out, she took her other kids and left hmthe ruler with his father, who cares for him but unfortunately didn’t live that long

When the ruler grew up he becomes dismissive and uncaring (and “cruel”?)

The only “companion” the ruler has is his head knight/guard that lost his/her/their arm because of the ruler’s powers and now wears a prostetic

When another kingdom calls war, and the ruler wants nothing to do with it (while also considering stepping down), the head knight/guard and some generals deviced a plan to find the rulers missing siblings and get one of them to take the thone

Since they cant do that, a group of highly trained people are sent instead

Questions:

What do you think?

Too full of tropes?

Plays to much into the “squad goes on an adventure trope”? (Although not unplanned, pretty sure they signed up)

Plays too much into the absent parent trope?

1 Like

It’s a little trope-y, but who knows? Maybe you can pull it off in a way that isn’t cliche.

1 Like

I remember back when I used to demonize characters like [name_u]Andy[/name_u] ([name_f]Aimee[/name_f]’s ex-husband) and [name_u]Chris[/name_u], and I’m just so proud I don’t do it anymore.

1 Like

So… I forgot [name_f]Colleen[/name_f]’s sister and best friend live near her. And that her best friends is definitely friends with [name_f]Aimee[/name_f]. So now I need an explanation as to why [name_f]Aimee[/name_f]’s over there so often.

Which do you prefer?

• Aimee should’ve taken for granted that she’d forget some part of her story.
  • Okay, but seriously, [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] didn’t make a habit of leaving her bases uncovered. Sure she didn’t play softball through college like [name_f]Colleen[/name_f], but she knew how to make a good play. She just… forgot?

0 voters

I was wondering if any of you have a good app or website (a free one) that you use to make characters on? I have one, but it hasn’t been working well lately

1 Like

This girl I know uses some app… I think it’s called MyMonster, for her characters. However, her story is about monsters, so there’s that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I need people, but thank you!

1 Like

I usually use Gacha games, [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_u]Story[/name_u]/Lily Diary, and [name_f]Live[/name_f] Portrait Maker: Guys/Girls to make rough characters.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, sometimes I use Episode.

1 Like

@anon80426808 oh yea samee! I just have a story that I named “character folders lol” just to put some random characters :joy:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I honestly look up people on stock photos and use that so I have humans running around my head instead of cartoons lol. Sometimes I’ll even use lesser-known celebrities if they come to mind (because sometimes I just picture a character looking like someone and then I can’t change it).

2 Likes

I’m following @anon80426808’s lead and asking you to choose one!:

• Okay, so maybe going camping when two of her friends aren’t talking to each other is a bad idea, but they’re already here, so the only thing they can do is suck it up, or go home, and she didn’t walk 2 hours to this campsite for nothing
  • Okay, so maybe having a sleepover while two of her friends aren’t talking to each other is a bad idea, but they’re having it on her house, which is neutral ground, so at least there’s that, right? Yeah no, this was a bad situation to be in, she’s gonna murder [name_u]Nicky[/name_u]

0 voters

(I really like commas if you didn’t notice, still trying to tone that down)

1 Like

This is exactly what I do, lol.

2 Likes

Do you guys ever write a line, and, for some reason, feel really proud of it? [name_m]Even[/name_m] if it’s simple?

3 Likes