The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

I’ve also gotten these errors quite a few times the last few days!

Sorry to hear that! I haven’t heard anything but can check with the team. Is it still happening today?

@regionlatbest @leafygreens

As of now yes :smiling_face_with_tear:

What browser/device are you using?

iOS and Safari/Google :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There has been a bit of work done on the site in recent days, which could perhaps have caused this. Could you please reboot your browser and let me know if this continues to happen? And if so, which pages (main site, forums, specific blog posts, etc.) Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

So I did it and it’s still happening, I should’ve mentioned before that it’s only the forums acting like this the main site, blog post and name pages are acting fine, sorry forgot to mention it :sweat_smile:

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask my question. How do I lock (or close) a topic so no one else can reply? TIA!

Only staff and [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level 4 users can lock topics. Please use the flag tool to request this :slight_smile:

OK, thank you @katinka! :blush: [name_m]Just[/name_m] to make sure I don’t do the wrong thing, I would just have to flag my own post?

Yes, if you click the flag icon then “Something else” and write a quick note to explain, that will be sent to all mods automatically to get you the quickest help. We can deal with the flag in such a way that it doesn’t put any negative mark on your record.

Okay, thank you so much!

1 Like

this is also happening on my phone as well! it started yesterday afternoon (i believe) and has continued all day today. it would start by opening the page (its in my most frequently used section on safari) and it would show the page, then i’d go to check my notifications and i’d see “sorry you have no new notifications” or something along those lines before i got a 404 error, it’s not happening on my ipad and i haven’t checked my computer and won’t be able to until tomorrow.

1 Like

That’s pretty much exactly what happened to me but the majority of the time it’d just give me the 404 page. It just started working for me finally yesterday but whenever I press the little bolt/knot icon it doesn’t work so I’ve been copy and pasting from old polls and stuff to make new polls, don’t know it that’s connected to this or not tho

2 Likes

I will look into the poll issue as well, that’s happening for me too.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I saw a user get blocked for “Consumed disproportionate amounts of staff time” and honestly I was just curious as to how that happens :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was also wondering this :sweat_smile: based on the name, I thought maybe it was a person who has made quite a few fake accounts on here, possibly?

It’s a stock option when mods suspend someone. Does sound rather pompous doesn’t it!

1 Like

More of a question to the community than something about the site. Where does everyone find these lovely profile pics?

Pinterest!

1 Like