The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

No more comments on name pages. There were some excellent comments adding valuable information, but there were also many purely personal takes on the names and some quite vicious/personal debates. We decided on balance that they weren’t adding a huge amount of value to the name pages as a resource, and were potentially causing problems in some cases.

5 Likes

Ah, makes sense. There definitely were a lot of arguments in the comments :grimacing:

1 Like

What about the blog post comments?

1 Like

Also gone, unfortunately. We weren’t getting enough comments to justify it. But we are thinking of trialling a system where we link to the Forums for further discussion of blog posts. However, that will have to wait until any teething issues have been ironed out.

4 Likes

I don’t know where to put this, but when I click on account on the main website to get to the name lists it shows this. It was working earlier today.

1 Like

Eek, OK, thank you. I will pass this on.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Any thoughts on website update?

Oh no! This is the first we’ve seen this — I’ll let the tech team know.

Is Namehunter gone? I didn’t see it on the site and when I typed it in manually I got a 404 error

2 Likes

Yes, but the NB team is currently working on a new and improved feature to replace it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ooh that’s exciting

2 Likes

This isn’t really a question but I didn’t think it needed a whole thread so I’m putting it here, I hope that’s okay!

I noticed this morning that in the Advanced Search feature, there are “Ukranian” and “Ukrainian” - I think the former is just a typo but different names show up depending on which you select. When I went back to screenshot, I noticed Uganda/Ugandan has a similar issue. Of course this isn’t urgent but I thought I’d bring it up so the team is aware.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.17.06 AM

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, these look like errors/differences with adding the names into the database to me. I will put it on the list to be looked at once the current issues are sorted.

1 Like

I believe Sanskrit is the same way. Unless it’s been changed, there is Sanskrit and Sanksrit.

2 Likes

Is there any way to change the email my account is connected to? I’ve looked through settings, and all it says is “Email can be updated from SSO provider”.

Hi @rosesfortaylor

If you PM me the new email address you’d like it changed to, I can get in touch with our SSO provider to update it.

There is a scrolling issue with the latest version of Discourse which may be behind this too. I have found a fix which will be implemented soon.

2 Likes

@Lilsibubs any change now?

1 Like

Hmm… OK, let me look into it some more.

1 Like

If, in theory, I was to lose my ‘Regular’ badge, would I also lose my ‘Leader’ badge? I don’t see myself losing it, so those is just a hypothetical. :wink: