The Forums are getting an update!

From what I understand, we won’t lose, for example, all our names in the “[name_u]Baby[/name_u] a day” thread?

@mauvia16

Correct. All of your old posts and threads will still be there.

Ooh, exciting! Thank you for letting us know, I hope all you mods are doing as well as can be in the current climate :slight_smile:

Thank you @charlottenina, and the same to you!

Its a bit difficult to use the new forum. Also I lost my friends list? :sob:

1 Like

Hi @bellerose,

It’s all new, I know, but I hope you get used to the new interface very quickly.

We’ve prepared a new quick start guide to help you get started. You can find it here:

and the mobile version here:

I hope that helps and please let me know if you have any specific questions!

1 Like

On the friends list, the feature no longer exists on this platform, unfortunately, but you can easily follow what people are up to by clicking on their name or avatar anywhere in the Forums, and then clicking through to their profile. You’ll find a summary of their latest activity there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh okay. Thanks for helping!

1 Like

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues with Category feeds not scrolling down

Hi! When I signed in, it says my username is now jessicajanex171, but I’ve been jessicajanex17 (without the extra 1) since I joined, is there any way for me to get that back?

How do we search in a thread or know whether we have posted in the thread before?

Also, how do i see posts im the baby mame games thread from newest started? All i see is the threads that are newest posted in so those that had replies most recently. I want those that were STARTED most recently.

Not trying to be negative but this was a bad idea.

1 Like

Hi, this is a weird issue that has cropped up for a few users (including some mods). We’re not totally sure why it’s happened yet, but we’re looking into it!

@shivshiv

You can search a topic by going to the search icon by your avatar (top right), clicking it to open the search bar, then checking the box below to “Search this topic”. Topic = thread on the old Forum.

You can view newest started topics in a category (like Baby Name Games) rather than those with the latest posts by selecting “New” in the tabs along the top. On mobile this is a dropdown menu at the top left – click it and select “New”.

There is a list of users that have posted in a topic before below the OP and also next to each title in listings. I’m sure there is a better way to know exactly which topics you’ve already posted in, which I will let you know as soon as I find it!

A couple questions.

Is there any timeline for getting signatures back? It seems like such an important part of the community to just be left hanging.

Is there anyway to tell which threads we have posted in and which we haven’t? I can only see the profile pictures of the last four or five posters but that seems like a much less useful tool, especially on a site that identifies people more by their usernames.

Where did they “Talk about Names” thread go? I know it seemed redundant but where did all of the threads in it go?

Why do the categories not stay in one place on the home screen? I feel like it makes it much harder to find things and I could figure out which has been posted in most recently pretty easily without it.

Why are post counts gone? These were milestones for a lot of users and I’m a bit upset to see them gone.

Generally I think this has made the forum a lot less intuitive and inviting and a lot more sterile. It feels more like a company discord than a community that had built over the years and it will be hard to get used to.

4 Likes

I dont want to see a couple of new posts, i want to see new posts from latest to oldest in decending order.

Thank you!!

@GenevieveReine

1. The signatures will need to be added back in via a plugin, which we won’t be able to do until we’ve got everything straight.

2. I’m looking into how you can see which threads you’ve posted in. I’m sure there’s a way, but this is all quite new to me too! I will put a post up explaining it when I work it out.

3. “Talk About Names” has been merged with “Baby Names”; all threads from both should now be found under “Baby Names”.

4. The categories appear on the homescreen in order of which was last posted in. I can investigate whether there is a way of sticking them.

5. Post counts are still visible on each user’s profile page.

6. I’m really sorry you feel this way! I don’t want it to feel like that at all, and I’m going to continue to do my very best to make everyone feel welcome here, even if it is all new to us all.

Sorry to post again! I just wanted to show you this

I replied to a thread just now and as soon as I did this was the message that came up.

2 Likes

If you’re experiencing a problem or have any questions, please create a new topic in the All About Nameberry category.

This thread is now closed, as it will be much easier for the mod team to monitor all of the feedback if it’s all in one place.

Thank you so much for your patience and for flagging issues to us, it really helps us get things sorted as quickly as possible!