The WriterBerries Thread

I’ll probably go with either [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] or [name_m]Ledger[/name_m]. Thanks so much!

1 Like

For those of you who are working on second/third/etc. drafts, do you ever find it’s hard to get back into the mind space of a first draft? When I’m editing, I’m obviously in the mindset of making things sound right so it’s hard to get back into the mindset of just putting words on a page. I’m struggling to keep myself from rewriting sections.

1 Like

Describe how the MC is feeling or what she is thinking. Ex: “She wanted to run and scream, anything to stop it, but she stood still. Helpless, she took in every moment as he took his last breath.”

1 Like

Maybe a sprint helps? As in “write as fast as you can for a set amount of time”? Stops you from thinking too much about it. What has helped me especially was to team up with others and try to reach a wordcount together. So I could tell myself the others rely on that I keep writing instead of thinking about phrasing.

3 Likes

Sprints are a good idea! I feel like I need to have a word count goal for those though because I can easily write for 5 minutes straight (or whatever) but I’ll be writing 2 sentences over and over again. I’ve never been able to do the word sprints where the writing is blacked out except for the last letter you typed (it’s supposed to keep you from reading what you wrote and therefore keep you from editing it) because that stresses me out for some reason.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds horrible :anguished: I couldn’t do that either!
I also don’t use those writing environments that stop you from doing something else. I tend to get distracted easily but I figure if I want to focus on something I should power through it and not use tools that manage that for me.

2 Likes

I actually will turn the background of my doc black, and write in dark gray! I also turn off the internet sometimes too, which actually makes me write better, with the black screen combo.

Hello fellow writers! I was wondering if Irmalinda Clodovea [name_m]Tyrell[/name_m] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u] the 3rd was a bit to over the top for a rebel teenage princess that’s trying to find who she really is while being in line to be the next queen in a few weeks (book time not real life). Its supposed to be a short story but most likely won’t turn out that way. Thank you!

2 Likes

Princess? Totally not over the top! I love it!

1 Like

Thank you! I just realized I didn’t introduce myself on this thread. I’m [name_u]Brooke[/name_u]/Cal (either or). Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

If it is over the top, it’s in the way that I like. Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

I randomly put filler titles for each chapter, just so I remember what each one’s about. The most recent I named:
Along with that, there’s:
-stan’s chad?!
-lunchy lunch lunch
-LAST PT, XCOUNTRY!!!

3 Likes

I think I had the best writing day that I’ve had in about a week. Maybe longer.

5 Likes

That’s great, @SparkleNinja18!

2 Likes

I’m still having trouble staying attached once I’ve sorted out the initial concept, so now I have lots of beginnings of stories. One I really want to stick to if for no other reason than to keep up the habit, but I also think it has potential. I’ve been stuck on a play idea for a while, like I’m almost ready to start writing but like…just one or two steps back. I guess I just need to sit down and really try to sort through it.

2 Likes

Are there any other screenwriters out there?

1 Like

I’m taking an introduction to screenwriting course this semester! I’ve never done any screenwriting before so I’m really excited but kinda nervous because it’s different than what I normally do.

3 Likes

Screenwriting stresses me out. I have to have the description, the features, and it’s too much like outlining to me, which I hate.

1 Like

Um, I have 13 days to write 10,000 words, and I’ve been very distracted lately. I’m probably going to hop off NB until the 31st so I can meet my goal! See y’all in [name_u]February[/name_u]! [name_u]Or[/name_u] until I meet my goal…

3 Likes

Good luck! You got this!

1 Like