Ttc 2016

@jessblonde- I’m in the same boat. I think my ovulation is likely to be a couple of weeks away as I’m still spotting. I might take a pregnancy test next week and see if it’s coming up negative yet, as that might give me more of an idea. I haven’t bothered to start temping yet, I thought I might wait until spotting stops and start then, unless I see fertile CM before then.
Hopefully we ovulate this cycle :slight_smile:

Have any of you ladies lost weight once you’ve come off the pill? This is my first month with out it and I’m curious. I gained about 15lbs when I started it.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] out of curiosity to those who have been pregnant before, how far in advance did your pregnancy test give you a positive? Were there any other symptoms?

I took a test today and it was negative, but I’m still 4 days away from AF showing, except we leave tonight and I am not risking taking a test in another family member’s home! I know the box says up to 5 days, but it can still be wrong I guess? So at this point I’ll find out if AF shows or not shows while on our trip.

I had some minor cramping that past 2 days which I thought might be implantation, but I haven’t had any spotting.

@moondreams I got my BFP at 10dpo with a cheap internet test (double checked with a Walmart brand - also BFP). Everybody produces HCG at different rates though, so it’s difficult to predict when you’ll get a BFP. And tests are usually less accurate before your period (FRER for example is only 76% accurate 5 days before, 96% 4 days before and goes to 99% from 3 days before and onwards). I tested because I was super nauseated after drinking a cup of coffee - I was shocked it was positive!

@thefuturemrsb I also gained about 15 lbs when I went on birth control and I certainly didn’t lose the weight when I stopped taking it ! Everybody’s different though.

Thanks. I’m trying to ditch 10-15 lbs before we officially TTC and was hoping that coming off of BC would knock at least 5 or so off. I guess I’ll just have to go back to relying on hard work and eating right.

Update… hubby and I were going to wait until late spring/early summer to start trying but now we’re just kind of not preventing. The entire month of December we’ve just been having fun. AF is supposed to show up in 5 days and I haven’t had any of my normal PMS symptoms yet. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck to you! Currently waiting a few more days before I can take a test. Still
Hoping! :slight_smile:

Well as it turns out I’ll be saying a tentative farewell to you all and wishing you plenty of luck for 2016. We got our BFP today (well two if I’m being honest) although I’m still rather in shock! It figures that in the month where OH had a health scare, we pretty much missed every fertile day going, I threw caution to the wind and decided it wasnt likely so had a few drinks and ate stuff that wasnt even remotly healthy was the month for us! ClearBlue tells me its early days so its off to book a blood test to be sure before I let myself get really excited! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] I’m starting TTC in [name_f]May[/name_f] hopefully any advice?

Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best :slight_smile:

Congrats @keagan! Sticky baby dust!

This really depends on your approach. Many people start out not trying/not preventing and see what happens. I did a month like that and then was super impatient to move things along so I started temping and using OPKs to pinpoint fertile days to increase our chances. [name_m]Even[/name_m] with that stuff, it still took us five cycles to get pregnant the first time (really hoping it’s not that long this time).

If you’re going to try temping, earlier is better as it will give you an idea of you ovulate around the same time each cycle. I also make note of fertile CM but terrible at cervix position so I don’t typically bother with that. Good luck!

Congrats @keagan! I’m hoping to test on [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and get that BFP!

Congratulations [name_u]Keagan[/name_u] and good luck [name_f]Lainy[/name_f]!
I would also like to join you in this thread. We are trying again after an early miscarriage a few months ago. No luck as yet, but hopeful for the new year! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you all had a wonderful [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]!

2016 is getting so close! Although we’re not TTC until [name_u]March[/name_u], I only have one pill packet left before I stop my BC and then [name_f]February[/name_f] leaves us in our ‘we’ll see what happens’ zone until we officially start trying in [name_u]March[/name_u]. It sounds super real when I put it that way!
I want everything to be prepared and in a way im worried I’m being too much of a perfectionist making sure everything is absoultly right before TTC. I’m already going to try really hard to lose weight in [name_u]Jan[/name_u]/Feb (Australia in [name_u]March[/name_u] so I’d love to lose hopefully 1st by then, but if I can manage 2st that would be amazing!).
[name_f]Do[/name_f] I start taking folic acid or anything else in the new year to prepare my body? I dont want anything thats unnatural, but anything that will make me healthier and better for my potential baby will be great! Thanks guys, and good luck to all of you who are already trying!

Well finally made it back from travels, AF is 2 days late, but I got a negative pregnancy test today. However, I have been feeling nauseous and tired for the past 2 days as well. That could just be from traveling, but I guess I’ll just have to wait a bit to see if AF shows. Probably won’t test again before we head off to visit more family on the 31st, if AF hasn’t shown by then.

Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats @keagan ! I have a random question - has anyone’s family tried to talk them out of TTC ? Or have you decided not to share ? Has anyone’s family tried to talk them into TTC ?

We haven’t told anyone and don’t plan to. I just don’t feel it is their business. We do get asked the “when are you going to have one?” every now and then, but we just kind of shrug it off, so I guess that’s kind of talking us into it, but they don’t really pressure us, once we say: “not for awhile”, they let it go. (even though we are trying, we just want to keep it on the down low).

@moondreams That was definitely my plan. However my husband told my father in law over the weekend and he tried to talk him out of it. ( my in laws started having kids well into their thirties and they think we should do the same ) My hubby basically had a panic attack about it. I had to remind him about all the reasons why we decided to start trying and get him back on board. I was curious to see if anyone had this same problem. Haha long story sorry !

Wellllll I think I got a BFP today. I’m REALLY surprised, I was sure it wouldn’t happen this fast! I’m testing again in the morning to double check, but I’ll hopefully be moving over to the [name_f]September[/name_f] babies thread… good luck to everyone here!