Ttc 2020!

@hyacinthbucket You must be so excited! Wishing you good luck!

2 Likes

Oh so excited! I’ve been thinking about it all day.

6WW. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::raised_hands::raised_hands: Yay!! Excited for you!

1 Like

Update on my life: pretty sure I’m 5dpo today, although I’m being cautious as our weather has fluctuated heaps (we’ve had 1 degree over night and 14 degrees over night literally in the same week!) so I’m taking my chart with a grain of salt for the moment. I’m not putting much hope in this cycle, because I wasn’t really trying very hard. [name_f]My[/name_f] period should arrive next [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] if my dpo count if right. Hubby’s 30th is [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], so if I do end up with a positive it would make for a great birthday gift!

3 Likes

That would be an amazing gift :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: fingers crossed

I’m 11/12 dpo and BFN, also AF is coming, I’m starting to bleed and I’m only cd25. I think the huuuge amount of stress I’m suffering at work, plus the CP I had in [name_u]August[/name_u] is all messing with my body

2 Likes

Ultimately it only takes one sperm in the right mucus and one egg, so you could always be surprised. I hope your hubby has a nice birthday either way.

@AlSP, I’m sorry you’re under so much stress right now. I forget the timeline for your husband’s new job out of area. Are you two still living together full time?

1 Like

No, he left last week, but we are together every weekend

This is true. I guess we’ll see. :blush:

I’m sure he will. I want to really spoil him since COVID meant cancelling his big party, which I know really got him down. I’m going gift shopping this week and looking forward to making the best of the situation we’re in. :partying_face:

2 Likes

@AlSP I’m sorry your having a rough time. It took my body a cycle after my miscarriage at 5 weeks to get back into the swing of things. I think my next cycle was super short as well, then it went back on track.

AF arrived yesterday a day late so I’m out. I’m hoping [name_f]October[/name_f] will be a better month for all of us. [name_f]October[/name_f] 13th is our one year wedding anniversary so maybe it will be a lucky month. I bought OPKs to hopefully track my cycles better. I’m thinking I’m focusing on the wrong days. Hopefully the OPKs will help us out and give us more insight on my cycle.

1 Like

@AlSP, that has to be hard. How are you feeling about it so far?

@PrincessShannon, I hope you can figure out the right timing.

Has anyone had rough patches in their relationships right around TTC? I’m glad we have a few weeks here but my partner and I had a huge drawn out fight yesterday and today and just… ugh. I keep thinking, “what great timing?! :triumph:” [name_f]Honesty[/name_f] I think it might be his way of panicking about it all even though the fight wasn’t at all about another kid or whatever. [name_m]Just[/name_m]… he went through a spooked phase during 1st tri with H, something we basically avoided with A due to the long uncertain wait and then the speed of his actual placement. But part of me is just thinking, “he is so spooked he can’t help but make this part really difficult.” Idk… just me? We have been in a really good place lately and now the timing is just uncanny for things to go awry.

2 Likes

@hyacinthbucket Aww, I’m sorry you guys had a disagreement. That’s never nice. :pensive: Perhaps he is just feeling a little on edge now that’s it’s crunch time. Have you asked him if he’s worried about anything in particular? Maybe it’s something else, and not baby related… 🤷 Try and hold onto your “good place”, I’m sure things will sort themselves out. :blush:

1 Like

Definitely had this happen around the times we were talking about TTC again.
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband gets anxiety thinking about pregnancy, potential complications etc. Worrying about me and if another baby will turn out healthy.

Could be his way of dealing with the stress/worry or it could be unrelated.
I hope you guys get a chance to relax and talk it out. :blush:

@whatchamacallit, that stinks about your husband freaking out, too, but I’m glad I’m not alone.

We were able to talk and repair and reconcile a bit today. I did talk to him about what he thinks is going on beneath the surface but he had zero insights. :roll_eyes:

I know I’m bracing for more drama as we conceive, even though I so hope it’s not like early pregnancy with H. Part of me thinks what happened then was he said he was ready to start TTC thinking it might take a while (we started 6 months earlier than our original plan) but then maybe when we got pregnant right away he had a bit of whiplash with the sudden realization of what was really happening. So part of me thinks what is happening now is that he knows how quick it might happen ( :fist_left:t2: :door:) so he is panicking now… hopefully INSTEAD of later…?

1 Like

@hyacinthbucket so far it’s ok, we’ll see how things go long term. We’ve had some rough patches in our relationship and I’m worried we end up not feeling like traveling every weekend to meet one another, it happened once when we were younger and ended our relationship, though we came back together a year later. I’m sorry about your situation, ttc is a nerve wracking time!

Officially out. AF arrived today - about 4 days early too, so I think my body just really needs the reset. On to the next egg. :crossed_fingers::rainbow:

4 Likes

@AlSP, distance adds so much complexity to any relationship. I hope for the best for you two, though, and also that your fertile times will line up well with the weekends.

@_thelittlefairywren, do you think your cycle was anovulatory? Onward and upward! [Secretly happy we may have kiddos at the same time. Your continual presence here is appreciated, even though I’m sorry it hasn’t happened yet for you.]

…AND my BBT thermometer broke… a few more of these ill-omens and I won’t know whether to try this month after all, haha. Time to order a new one.

1 Like

@hyacinthbucket I don’t think so. I did get a temp shift and fluid drying, but only got 8 / 9 days out of my LP and had zero libido, which tells me something was off. Almost negligible period symptom though, which is so nice… last bleed was agony. I will be using Macca and Chasteberry this coming FP to try and balance myself again, might throw in some flax and pumpkin seeds too.

Aww, it doesn’t have to be a secret. Being pregnancy buddied would be amazing! :grin:

Noooo… not the thermometer! :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Hey guys! I hope everyone is feeling and doing okay.

I’m feeling like I don’t have any control over my body at all. I’ve been using an app to keep track on my period for a really long time now, and according to that app, which is dead on about my period, I should have been ovulating yesterday. And I wasn’t and I wasn’t earlier in the week and I’m not now. I apparently have no idea about what I’m doing. It might be because my period was three days late this time or because I’ve been kinda sick for the last week, but it’s still unsettling to me. I’m such an amateur! :joy: I’ll just have to keep testing, and trying “blindly”, but this is all just freaking me out a bit.

@pennysola Sickness can delay ovulation, so maybe that’s why you seem a bit out of sync to normal. Hopefully you cycle straightened out for you. An irregular cycle definitely throws a spanned in the works!

Are you temping? I used the Natural Cycles app which has you take your temperature every morning and it was very accurate on my ovulation. I have another app that correctly predicts my period but it was wrong about ovulation since I do not ovulate on the “average” day.