Ttc 2020!

I hope you get some clarity soon, @pennysola. The apps are tough. So many swear by them but an algorithm ultimately can’t tell you what will happen. Only what has or may have happened in the past, which gets us into the trap of rhythm method thinking. I hope your OPKs smile at you within a couple days here and that you’ll be able to conceive this time around with their help.

I’m expecting my period in 4 or 5 days. I really hope these next couple weeks fly by because I’m getting impatient now… also can’t stop thinking about names…

Thank you, all of you. I haven’t been temping, cause it felt like a bit of an “advanced move”? But why not. I’ll give it a try! It would be nice to get a bit of clarity. I do feel like I’m getting close now, though. I’ve been getting some signs that a smiley face is on its way after all. :blush:

@hyacinthbucket I feel you about the names! I’m narrowing my list down, and I think I’ve half- decided and I’m so exited about it! [name_f]May[/name_f] I ask what kind of names you’re considering?

Of course you may ask:

For boys, I just created this post and for girls, I’m going through my top combos here over the longterm.

So many favorites but love [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_m]Hercule[/name_m], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], Olympias, [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]. And many more…

Oh how I love your names… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Amazing! I had a really good time scrolling through your posts. I have a soft spot for [name_f]Petra[/name_f] as well, but my boyfriend said, and I quote “why don’t we just sign her up for the circus right away?”. I will never in a million years understand the connections his mind makes when it comes to names. He’s impossible. :joy:

1 Like

Thank you. I’d always gladly respond to any posts you all make so please point me in their direction when you do.

Haha… poor [name_f]Petra[/name_f]. :clown_face: I do not get that vibe whatsoever from her. Thankfully neither does my partner.

@hyacinthbucket Neither do I, and neither does anyone else, I imagine. He is just a weird little guy. [name_u]Lucky[/name_u] for him he’s amazing is just about every other way other than naming :sweat_smile:

So, I did end up getting a smiley face. I’m so glad I bought the tests, or else I might have missed it. Fingers crossed it takes this time!

How are you all doing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am well, thanks for asking. :blush: CD7 today and I started taking ovulation friendly supplements again, so hopefully only a week or so until egg time. :crossed_fingers: I’m feeling really good about things at the moment (hopefully that’s a positive omen!) and feel like I have more energy and interest for TTC this cycle. I’m back to constantly telling hubby “we should have a baaaaby…” :joy::joy:

Bit of family stress this week - baby nephew C took a tumble and fractured his skull! He was flown to a major hospital and was there for a few days. [name_m]Just[/name_m] heard from my SIL this evening that they gave him the all clear to go home for the rest of his recovery. Poor munchkin. I can’t even imagine going through that as a parent… I about balled my eyes out when I heard and I’m just his non-biological aunt!

It was hubby’s 30th on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - I showered him with gifts and baked a cheesecake, which we took out to his family’s house for a “mini” celebration. :tada: He said he had a great day, but I still feel sad for him that he had to cancel his big bash. He’s adamant on having a big 31st party now haha.

Anyone else listen to [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Steps podcast by [name_m]Ned[/name_m] & [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] Fulmer? I’ve been really enjoying it. They’re so genuine and open about parenthood and pregnancy. She was discussing her early miscarriage in the latest episode and how it reminded her to be thankful for what she has now and not wish it away focusing on TTC too much… I really liked that point. :blush: Any other baby / pregnancy / mummy podcasts to recommend?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is well and healthy! :sparkling_heart: xx

1 Like

I’m glad the testing seems to have worked out this month @pennysola ! Looking forward to hearing back from you in a couple weeks.

@_thelittlefairywren Oh no! I’m glad baby C is doing well enough to go home but wow, that sounds incredibly frightening.
[name_f]Glad[/name_f] the birthday went well enough… if you have a newborn I might say nix the idea of a big 31st, though… unless someone else does all the work and all you have to do is show up (if you still want to!)… lol.

I’ve never heard that podcast, but I’ll give it a try! [name_f]My[/name_f] favs are Birthful; Evidence-Based Birth; Healthy Births, [name_f]Happy[/name_f] Babies; Rockstar Birth Radio (that one is done running now, but hey, it’s Australian); The Longest Shortest Time (also recently wrapped up after a decade!!). Birthful is my number one recommendation to everyone though. An excellent mix of birth stories and information from so many angles. I plan on re-bingeing the whole thing when I’m pregnant again.

@hyacinthbucket Hmm good point, however I don’t think my pedantic nature would appreciate someone else doing the planning… maybe we’ll just not have any more parties ever :joy::joy::joy:

I do like the Birthful podcast as well, although the audio quality bugs me a bit. I wish it was produced a little better, but really enjoy the content. I’ll have to have a look for some of the others you mentioned.

Oh, question for y’all!
Does anyone else crave spicy food in their FP / close to ovulation?? Or any other type of craving for that matter?? I’ve been noticing this with my cycle lately and wondering if I’m “the only one”. :yum::hot_pepper:

1 Like

Agreed. I started listening to it years ago when it seemed like every other podcast had crappy audio quality, but it has grown more noxious. However… they JUST relaunched with a new production team so I’m hopeful they are catching up with the times…

No strange cravings for me in recent memory.

1 Like

Cycle [name_u]Day[/name_u] 1 is right on time. I have never been so excited to bleed and I so hope it will be quite a while until I do again, for all the right reasons… if I could be so lucky…

4 Likes

Well for all the ill-omens I was experiencing, I have been noticing a distinct pattern in what my husband has been feeding me (he is the cook) the past two weeks or so… a conspicuous pattern of plantains, sweet potatoes (starchy tubers), fresh ricotta, goat crottin (full fat dairy), etc… if we do wind up with twins (as I’d admittedly love to), I will have him to thank for them. I never would have made/bought all these things for myself (we eat this stuff all the time but he never serves them with such frequency). I don’t know how intentional it is, but I’m not going to mention it until we conceive lest I no longer be so spoiled… :blush:

Curly locks, curly locks, wilt thou be mine?
Thou shalt not wash dishes, nor yet feed the swine,
But sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,
And feed upon strawberries, sugar, and cream.

2 Likes

This is so sweet! :blush: [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is the cook in the family too.
When we conceived our twins we were doing the Keto diet so definitely full fat. I can’t be certain that had anything to do with it but I do suspect it did.

@_thelittlefairywren I crave chocolate only two times a month. Close to ovulation and before I start. :joy:

2 Likes

I am at 2DPO today, CD 18. Really hoping for a [name_u]July[/name_u] baby! Where are you ladies at?

2 Likes

I’m not that familiar with the terms, but I’m supposed to get my period this [name_m]Saturday[/name_m], so I’m counting days until I can take an early test. I would have taken one today, but since my ovulation was a few days late for my cycle, I’m gonna wait a couple of days.

@_thelittlefairywren oh my god! That sounds so terrifying for you and your family. I hope the baby is doing well now!

2 Likes

@hyacinthbucket Aww all the spoils! Definitely don’t mention it haha! :shushing_face:

@pennysola As far as I know from the latest update, he’s doing well. We are all so thankful!

@whatchamacallit Chocolate is a great craving! I love chocolate (a little too much). Hubby keeps saying he’s worried I’ll have weird pregnancy cravings and make him mix weird food stuffs. :joy:

@Marae_Grace1 CD13 for me today. No EW yet, but had a very watery feeling today so fingers crossed for ov soon! Plus I’ve been suuuuuper clucky the last few days.:crossed_fingers: Here’s hoping for [name_u]July[/name_u] babies all around! :blush:

3 Likes

:partying_face: :pregnant_woman:

We don’t do keto but our regular diet is pretty similar (has a lot of overlap).

I can’t decide whether to keep pumping or not. I just get like 5ml on the one pump a day. H is still nursing once a day, but A has stopped latching completely and he just popped his first tooth yesterday so I’m kinda giving up for the meantime. It makes me sad as I never got a pic of us tandem nursing but, oh well…lovely memories. Anyway, I just wonder if dropping the quick pump session would negatively influence the chance of twins. I’m pretty sure this pregnancy will hasten H’s natural weaning either through my own aversion and/or the milk going completely.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend Keto long term. What you’re doing is probably much healthier and I think the full fat choices (whole milks, avocados etc) are what counts so there’s no need to be on a specific diet.

Hmm I’m not sure about the correlation between pumping/breastfeeding and twins, but I think I have read something similar before. Would be interesting to look into.