Ttc 2020!

There is definitely a link. 11% chance of twin conception while breastfeeding versus 1% general population. However, the nursing mothers in those studies are generally much closer to their previous pregnancy and I’m sure are making more milk than me. Any study including breastfeeding as a variable is skewed toward new mothers as that’s who is mostly breastfeeding.

1 Like

Wow. That’s quite a big increase in odds. Interesting. Yes, I’ve heard your fertility is higher right after you give birth or are still breastfeeding so that makes sense.
I guess it doesn’t hurt to keep pumping if it’s not too uncomfortable/inconvenient for you.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a pretty incredible increase. It was here (2001 study, 11% vs 1%) and more or less replicated here (2006 study found 9 times more likely, though you can’t see the breastfeeding bit in the abstract).

The thing is even though I want twins I’m not sure I want to have effect/control over it… it feels like a big thing with a lot of potential longterm consequences.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can understand that. It is a very big thing. And yes, there would be some consequences for you, the babies, and the whole family dynamic.
I don’t think upping your chances is the same as “making” twins happen though. There are so many variables out of your control. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you do things to increase your chances, if it happens it’s because it was meant to.
I’ve never had a singleton so I can only speak from what I know, but with them I was measuring close to full term weeks at around 28-29 weeks so you get big very fast. And it hurts as you would expect. But since you’ve already had one pregnancy perhaps it wouldn’t be as bad.
There’s also a good chance they will be born a little early and spend at least a bit of time in NICU. Mine were born at 34 weeks and only had to spend a week there so we were very lucky. Some people make it to 37 though!

I’ve never bonded with only one baby at a time but I can imagine it’s much easier than bonding with two at a time. I just remember feeling guilty cuddling with one at night because I was always thinking of the other too, even if he was asleep. But again, I was a first time mom and all of this was new.

Overall, I would be thrilled if we had twins again but I can’t pretend it would be easy. I think it could potentially be very stressful for everyone involved.
That’s why I’m not doing any high fat diet or anything else this time. :sweat_smile:
But of course, if it happens it was just meant to be.
And, the hardest part is really the first year just like with any other baby (usually). It does get easier.
(And it’s so sweet to watch them grow together :heart:)

3 Likes

Hi! I hope you are all well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] came to say I’m gonna be out for a few months, until things calm down at work. Right now I’m suffering a lot of stress, it makes me feel ill. I will resume TTC in [name_u]March[/name_u] if everything goes alright…
Best of luck to you all, I hope everyone is pregnant when I come back! :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@AlSP I’m sorry to hear that work is so crazy for you. I do hope you’re doing alright. I’m sure this was a tough decision to make, and I hope you’re at peace with the change. Good luck for the next few months! I’ll been keeping an eye on the 2021 thread for your bfp. :blush: xx

4 Likes

@AlSP I hope you’re able to find some much needed time to rest soon. Sorry work is so stressful.
There’s a few of us already hanging out in the TTC 2021 thread and you’re welcome to join whenever you want. :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that work has been stressful, and best of luck! :two_hearts:

@AlSP, Sorry to hear your job is been so stressful. I also have a stressful job so I completely understand how it affects TTC. I wish you the best of luck.

Hi all, haven’t been around recently, busy at work and such. I started OPKs this month and seemed to only have 1 peak on CD 17, making ovulation either CD18 or CD19. (today is CD 20) I’ve been focusing on CD 14 and 15 the last few months so to see its closer to day 18 is good to know. I’m not too hopeful this month as I had dental surgery done this week and I’m still in recovery, but well see.

How is everyone doing? Where is everyone in their cycles?

1 Like

Cycle day 22!

1 Like

@AlSP, I hope things will calm down for you soon. I respect you knowing yourself well enough to decide now isn’t the time yet. Best of luck. I hope we all graduate, too, but I’ll keep an eye out for you wherever I am at that point.

@PrincessShannon, I’m so glad the OPK helped you pinpoint this month. Hopefully next month you’ll be able to time better (if it doesn’t work out this cycle).

I’m CD7 over here. [name_m]Just[/name_m] noticing slight traces of slug slime CM this afternoon so I’m gearing up. I think ovulation should be right on schedule for me next weekend but we will see. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has next [name_f]Tu[/name_f]-Fri off work and we are gonna make this happen around all the business of the two littles. :star_struck: :smirk: :dizzy: :merman: :cupid: :joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: what an accurate description - I’ve not heard that before!

2 Likes

CD17. No confirmation of ov yet, but I’m breaking out a little around my face and taking a lot of notice of hubby lol… so I’d say I’m in the vicinity of ovulation haha. Hopefully confirmation soon, and adult activities as much as possible in the mean time. We’re meant to have storms all weekend, so I guess we’ll just have to stay home aaaalllll weekend… :kissing_heart::joy::shushing_face::wink:

3 Likes

@hyacinthbucket That is such a great description! Wishing you all the best for a fast and easy TTC!

@_thelittlefairywren Your weekend plans made me laugh. I hope this is your month!

Good luck to everyone else trying! I still like to pop in and see how you are!

4 Likes

I may have made it up, I don’t know. I grew up in the forest so…

I always break out before ovulation, too. So annoying. I always clear up for the actual day of suspected ovulation though… that’s definitely my prettiest day of the month.

A stormy weekend in sounds perfect.

@LiliMorgana, thanks for the well wishes! To you as well. I’ve known a lot of mamas who had one or two episodes of bleeding during pregnancy with no issues, so im encouraged that your providers seemed unphased and everything is likely going well!!

3 Likes

@hyacinthbucket :joy: you’re slug comment made me giggle lol Good luck this month!

@_thelittlefairywren I hope you have a wonderful adult time stay home weekend. [name_m]Just[/name_m] remember there is almost nothing else to do if the power goes out in a storm lol

Today I’m DPO 3 from my understanding. I’m feeling much better from my dental work, (I had a wisdom tooth removed [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]) but I’m still on restricted activity until tomorrow. We only got the day before and day of O (and a handful of days before that) because of my poorly timed dental work, so hopefully that will be enough. The dental work had to be done, so at least its over with so that won’t be an issue in the future.

3 Likes

@PrincessShannon, idk if you were around a few months ago in this thread when we talked wisdom teeth but I definitely think you made the right choice to get them out before baby. If conception didn’t happen this month, it still will have been a net positive for your TTC I feel as you did a big thing that will help your health longterm and you won’t have to worry about dealing with it postpartum.

I’m totally obsessing about this babe’s potential duedate if they’re conceived this cycle. I mean, I always look up the general dates but right now I’m obsessing about the date we would tell people about the pregnancy, when I’d start my third trimester, when we plan on getting family pictures taken next spring/summer and how pregnant I would be, etc. The list goes on and on… tell me I’m not the only one who spins out like this… here is to hoping I really am one week “pregnant” already and won’t need to do this every month for the foreseeable future…

3 Likes

Nope! I am also this person. :yum:

1 Like

Saaaaame. I was thinking about how if we were successful this cycle we’ll be just missing the “[name_u]August[/name_u] birthday rush” in our family. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and his father share a birthday, our 1 year old niece is the day after, and her father is also in early [name_u]August[/name_u].

October is the other “birthday month” in our family. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister, my grandma, my SIL and BIL and two of their three kids (my BIL and their oldest also share a birthday) are all in [name_f]October[/name_f]. So maybe we’ll hit pause in [name_u]January[/name_u] if it comes to that. :wink:

5 Likes

So, I’m out again :woman_shrugging:t3: This sucks! I’m crossing my fingers for the next round. It would be great with an [name_u]August[/name_u]- baby. Or just any baby. Hah!

I hope you lot have better luck than me :slight_smile:

And, also; I’m exactly the same. Overthinking is kind of my thing :sunglasses: I’m at that point where I’m planning birthday parties and preparing [name_f]Easter[/name_f] hunts in my head. Great fun!

3 Likes