What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to know I’m not the only person with about 67 stories in progress right now :wink:
I’ll only list the main characters from the three stories I’m working on, plus the one I’m working on with a friend.

[name_u]Story[/name_u] #1: Dystopian, circa 200 years in the future:
[name_m]Angus[/name_m] Fields
[name_f]Briony[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f] Flemings “[name_f]Bri[/name_f]”, also called [name_f]Sable[/name_f], the name she was assigned when joining the army
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] “Rev”
Malaina Wakahisa
[name_m]Quade[/name_m] (no surname)

[name_u]Story[/name_u] #2, present day, not very well developed yet because it’s relatively new. Basically, with the character names, I did a lot of research on how different cultures give their kids last names and took those as inspiration. I was also getting super sick of the overused cast of white characters used in YA novels, so the majority of these characters are not white.
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] Brynjarsdottir, looks more intimidating than it is to pronounce, Scandinavian inspired
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m] [name_f]Folami[/name_f] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u]”, African (specifically [name_m]Kenyan[/name_m], I believe) inspired
[name_m]Cy[/name_m] Kekoa, Polynesian (Hawaiian) inspired
[name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] Martinez Espinoza, Hispanic inspired
[name_m]Devlin[/name_m] Rashford, English
[name_u]Arliss[/name_u] Jaeger, [name_m]German[/name_m]

[name_u]Story[/name_u] #3, present day
[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_m]Jansen[/name_m] “[name_m]Eli[/name_m]”
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_m]Jansen[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] [name_m]Jansen[/name_m]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Faust[/name_m] “[name_u]Ari[/name_u]” (or [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_m]Faust[/name_m], haven’t decided yet)
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] Senka

[name_u]Story[/name_u] #4, my best friend and I are kinda working on this. Basically, I told her back in [name_f]September[/name_f] that we should write something together and we haven’t had any sort of real inspiration yet. Our only idea so far is to semi-base the main characters after ourselves and our relationship because we found ourselves going through the Writing Ideas posts on Pinterest where they include conversations or scenarios between characters and just saying “OMG, that’s so us!” to pretty much all of them.
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] “[name_u]Ara[/name_u]”
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] “[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]”
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Skyler[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]” ([name_u]Ara[/name_u]'s brother)
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] ([name_u]Ara[/name_u]'s brother)
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] ([name_u]Ara[/name_u]'s brother)

1 Like

Alhena Malfoy - fem!Draco Malfoy
Antares Malfoy - fem!Scorpius both are related to fem!Severus ff
[name_m]Abner[/name_m] [name_m]Severus[/name_m] [name_m]Prince[/name_m] - a what if Eileen divorced Tobias and lived as a witch story

Severus Arcturus Malfoy ff other characters
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] Rubeus [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Weasley + I need a brother name

ATLA related
[name_f]Kya[/name_f] || & Osha
[name_f]Lin[/name_f], Suyin & Sivoy
Roku ||, Shila & [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] ||
Gyatso, [name_f]Tenzin[/name_f] & ?? I need a name for sister and mother, additional choices to the original list are Anil & Keto

I have three ideas for stories, but they are sadly just ideas.

Currently, one is named [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] [name_m]Sagan[/name_m], and the other [name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_u]Murray[/name_u].
>> [name_f]Emma[/name_f]: universal; [name_u]Ray[/name_u], like “ray, a drop of golden sun” — translates to “universal light.”

My protagonist is [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] [name_m]Weaver[/name_m].

[name_f]Elle[/name_f], the main character of a dystopian fantasy fanfic I write. It’s not really a story as such yet but maybe one day it will be :slightly_smiling_face: her full name is [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], she has a twin brither [name_u]Emery[/name_u] who no one seems to know of and is missing, a younger brother Apache and an older half sister (as yet unnamed)

Right now, I’m working on some fanfiction while planning an original story.

The Heroic [name_u]Legend[/name_u] of Arslan:
Shireen (f, 4-7 years old, depending on when said fic is set)
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (aka [name_m]Benji[/name_m]) (m, 4-7 years old, depending on when said fic is set)
Lyanna (borrowed the name from Game of Thrones) (f, 13-16 years old, depending on when said fic is set)

The [name_m]Man[/name_m] in the High Castle (TV series):
[name_f]Della[/name_f] (f, 12 years old)
[name_m]Brian[/name_m] (m, [name_f]Della[/name_f]'s friend, 12 years old)

I wrote a story for school in which the main character’s name is [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] (full name [name_f]Gianessa[/name_f] and boy did it take me a long time to find that, but she’s never referred to as [name_f]Gianessa[/name_f]).
The other characters are [name_m]Jared[/name_m], Cassiana, [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] (full name Leanira but again only I know that) and [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]. I haven’t put in last names since I’m so bad at them.

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Chadwick[/name_m] Faraday
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Caledon[/name_m] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
Caolan [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Orville[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u]
Markov
[name_m]Alexei[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] [name_u]Michele[/name_u]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Calloway[/name_m]
[name_m]Kiran[/name_m] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m]

An updated list of my characters

FF : [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] has a boy like hair and a habit of glaring
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] Snape - fem![name_m]Severus[/name_m]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_m]Black[/name_m]
Antares [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] Malfoy
Alhena [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] Greengrass
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Greengrass - fem! [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]

FF : 19 years later second gen starts Hogwarts - may Gol help McGonagall
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] Rubeus [name_m]Potter[/name_m]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]
[name_m]Severus[/name_m] Arcturus Malfoy
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Weasley
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Roland[/name_m] Weasley
[name_u]Marion[/name_u] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] Weasley
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] Weasley
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] Weasley
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f] Longbottom
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Manon[/name_f] Dursley

FF : [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] takes her daughter while running away from the palace - fem!Zuko, pregnant [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] during banishment
[name_f]Rina[/name_f] - fem!Zuko
Roku || - [name_f]Rina[/name_f] and Azula’s baby brother
[name_u]Shura[/name_u] - daughter of [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] and Hakoda
Kallik - male!Katara
Osha - sister of [name_f]Kya[/name_f] ||, daughter of Kallik and Niyok
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] || - daughter of [name_f]Rina[/name_f]
Sivoy - half brother to [name_f]Lin[/name_f], and brother to Suyin - son of Sokka and Toph
[name_m]Yee[/name_m]-Il - [name_f]Air[/name_f] Acolyte from the Rift - wife of Aang and mother of Gyatso, [name_f]Tenzin[/name_f] and Yangchen

FF : [name_f]Eileen[/name_f] divorces [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] then oblivates him now she is a potion maker in Knockturn Alley with her son
[name_m]Abner[/name_m] [name_m]Severus[/name_m] [name_m]Prince[/name_m]

I’m writing a screenplay about a group of pretentious 20-somethings who get a major wake-up call when a death affects the group.
Main character: [name_u]Kyle[/name_u] “[name_u]Connie[/name_u]” [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] (the group’s philosopher, he doesn’t want his first name acknowledged as he doesn’t feel it matches his image)
Rest of the group: [name_m]Stuart[/name_m] Pirbright-[name_m]Duvall[/name_m] (one of the richest and most pretentious in the group, preoccupied with death in a gothic horror type way)
[name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Haley[/name_u] (youngest in the group, a bookwormy-bespectacled sort but actually very nice-looking)
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] Acosta (the artist, a bit of a hedonist - that is, even more than the rest of the group)
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f] Mendoza (butch lesbian, very political but still fun, really into Edwardian aesthetics)
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] Narry (a groupie who is particularly interested in classic rock stars old enough to be her grandparents)
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] Woodpigeon (possibly even richer than [name_m]Stuart[/name_m], spends her time listening to classical music & polishing the silver)
[name_m]Nollaig[/name_m] [name_u]Brady[/name_u] (a bit of a hippie in an oddly sanitized way, loves nature but doesn’t spend much time in it)

1 Like

So bear in mind I haven’t actually written this yet, but I’m planning a story to write once I have the time, probably after I graduate. The 3 main characters are [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], a nonbinary student with MS, their guardian [name_u]Angel[/name_u] (turned mortal) [name_f]Katya[/name_f], and the girl [name_f]Katya[/name_f] falls in love with, [name_f]Faizah[/name_f] (nn Fizz, possibly).

2 Likes

I’m not writing a whole lot right now but I’m working on a couple of ideas.

One story is set in during a play production and the main character is named [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_m]Gold[/name_m] (though I may change the last name), who is an actor, and some other characters include [name_u]Malin[/name_u] (last name-less), a set designer (+ potential love interest), [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (also last name-less), another actor, [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Flint[/name_m], the writer, and [name_f]Gia[/name_f] [name_m]Holden[/name_m], the director.

The other one is a kind of modern witch-crucible-y kind of thing, and the characters’ ~loose~ names are [name_u]Luce[/name_u] (full name [name_f]Luciana[/name_f]), [name_u]Mika[/name_u], [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Karolina[/name_f]. This ones in the very beginning stages.

Then I have a modern boarding school kind of thing that I think I’ve abandoned for the moment. But the main characters were [name_f]Kira[/name_f] [name_m]Romano[/name_m], who’s perspective it was written from, [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] (no last name yet) who transfers into the school under dubious circumstances, [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_m]Conway[/name_m], the antagonist-y kind of one but she’s not exactly bad, and [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] (also no last name), who is a few years older and kind of the catalyst to [name_f]Kira[/name_f] exploring her sexuality.

Currently? One story, two leading characters - [name_m]Horace[/name_m] [name_m]Daggett[/name_m] and [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] Dezart.
They are meant to be total opposites and even enemies at the start. World is corrupted dark fairytale, late 19’th century urban fantasy and [name_m]Horace[/name_m] is rich charming guy, spending all his time partying, relaxing and doing pretty much nothing, while [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] is edgy and troubled runaway thief with awful childhood and stuff. They meet with when she pretty much robbes and almost kills him, but in the end they kinda saves the world and becomes close to be enemies-to-friends-to-lovers cliche (like they weren’t cliche enough from the start lol)

Got a new idea. So it’s a popstar/fan story. Trying not to spoil much:
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] (no middle name)- He’s the main character. He’s a ftm transgender [born female, identifies as male]. He’s the popstar. No one knows that he was born as a woman outside of a few people and he’s your average bubblegum pop heartthrob. He’s 22 and half-Hispanic with a little sister named [name_f]Ardith[/name_f].

Ceraphina [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_u]Temple[/name_u] “[name_f]Cera[/name_f]” - She’s a blond haired, blue-eyed baby-faced girl who looks fourteen but is really sixteen. She’s a bit nerdy and shy and has been a single child for two years after she lost her brothers in a car accident, tragically. She has three close friends. One of [name_m]Asher[/name_m]‘s songs helped her through her grief and turmoil after her brothers’ death and it’s been her lifelong dream to thank him properly.

So I haven’t started this story (came up with the idea yesterday) but I’m going to start writing it soon I think.

MC is [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Winnamine [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] – (undecided on last name)
She plays two roles in the story; in one perspective she is known as Winna, the other she is [name_f]Auria[/name_f].

Family:
[name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Willard[/name_m]
[name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Charisse[/name_f]
[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Francina[/name_f]
[name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_f]Princess[/name_f] Megara [name_f]Deirdre[/name_f]

[name_f]Auria[/name_f]'s pack mates include:
[name_m]Topher[/name_m]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] and Appolline
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] interest’s name is yet to be decided though I’m working off [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], etc.

I love this thread and will therefore add the side characters: :smiley:

[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] (f), [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] & [name_m]Mikhail[/name_m] “[name_m]Mike[/name_m]” with:
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m] - [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]'s love interest
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u] (m) - [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]'s love interest
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]/[name_f]Amber[/name_f] (haven’t decided yet) - the new girl
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] - the alpha bitch
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f] - [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]'s bestie
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] - the nerd
[name_u]James[/name_u] - [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]'s ex
[name_m]Piotr[/name_m] “[name_m]Pete[/name_m]” - [name_m]Mike[/name_m]'s dead brother
[name_m]Lester[/name_m] - [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]'s brother
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] - [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]'s sister
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] “Cath” - someone annoying

[name_m]Johann[/name_m]-[name_m]Adam[/name_m], Sunmi, [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Kim[/name_u] with:
[name_f]Katharina[/name_f], [name_f]Johanna[/name_f], [name_u]Michael[/name_u] & [name_m]Christian[/name_m] - [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]'s younger siblings
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m] - Sunmi’s half-brother
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] & [name_m]Karim[/name_m] - Sunmi’s friends
[name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] “[name_m]Mordy[/name_m]” - [name_u]Kim[/name_u]'s son she had aged 16, will prob. get 3-4 “meaningfull” middle names
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - [name_m]Mordy[/name_m]'s dad
Korbinian/[name_m]Albert[/name_m]/[name_u]Parker[/name_u] (birth name, alias, new identity) - has a mysterious past in case you couldn’t tell :smiley:
[name_f]Mei[/name_f], [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f] “Xio”, [name_f]Xiomara[/name_f] “[name_f]Mara[/name_f]”, Flurin (m), [name_f]Giada[/name_f], [name_m]Hans[/name_m] & [name_m]Kurt[/name_m] (twins), [name_f]Aleksis[/name_f] (intersex) - some of [name_m]Johann[/name_m]'s classmates

I just realised I have a habit of using names I like but can’t use on children.

1 Like

Main character is [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] “[name_u]Lex[/name_u]” [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m]
Family:
[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m]- grandfather
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m] (née [name_u]Elliott[/name_u])- grandmother
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m]- father
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] Delacroix- mother
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m] (nèe [name_u]Van[/name_u] der [name_f]Zee[/name_f])-stepmother
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]” [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m]- twin brother
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m] (nèe [name_m]Endicott[/name_m])- aunt
[name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m]-uncle
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m]- cousin
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Endicott[/name_m]- uncle
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]- aunt

Friends:
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] (bff of [name_u]Lex[/name_u])
[name_m]Damien[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] ([name_u]Lex[/name_u]'s boyfriend)
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Rothschild
[name_m]Dominick[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] ([name_f]Lola[/name_f]'s little brother)
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] Woods

I adore this thread, you are all so creative!
I am planning on creating a webcomic/indie cartoon series one day!
Some of my more developed ideas:
A romance and mystery story, about a daredevil angel and an aloof demon, who died together and are trying to regain their memories on how it happened
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] Holm: Danish-American, the angel, a cheerful ex policewoman
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_m]Conway[/name_m]: the demon, a bossy and sarcastic ex waitress
Others: [name_m]Jack[/name_m] (M) , [name_m]Justin[/name_m] (M) , [name_u]Logan[/name_u] (F) , [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] (F)

Other OC’s I have spent time on:
[name_f]Rion[/name_f] [name_f]Merel[/name_f] [name_m]McPhee[/name_m]: Irish-Scottish teenager, who is enthusiastic, emotional and bossy
Vilde Jónsdottir: Icelander with social anxiety struggling with self acceptance

I’ve got several stories I’m trying to juggle (it seems I can never stick to just one in the long haul :confused: )

A story tentatively titled Iron:

Lelia Lowenthal (f)- a young woman just three months shy of graduating from college and still unable to figure out what she wants. She’s also struggling with her feelings between 3 men.

Addison Lowenthal (m)- goofy, immature, and just as aimless as his older sister Lelia though he chose not to go to college. He lives day to day with various odd jobs that suck but seems unwilling to change his ways.

Odila Sambourne (f)- aka Sam. Reserved, intuitive, and loves to paint and draw.

Violet Hollinshead (f)- she pretty much takes her name to heart, dying her hair violet, wearing purple-colored contacts, and always wearing something in that color.

Aubrey McKidd (m)- Lelia’s boyfriend, they’ve been dating since high school though their relationship has always been off and on, especially since Aubrey went away for college. Though Aubrey sincerely loves Lelia and sees a future with her, she’s more cautious, remembering all their ups and downs and wondering if she’s settling too quickly at her age, although she really does love him.

John Dewey (m)- owns a moderately successful business that is slowly expanding. He’s a natural leader, slow and methodical, and knows how to keep a situation in hand. John is the second guy Lelia is seeing. They used to date years ago during one of her breaks with Aubrey, and John is still hung up over her.

Lloyd Northcutt (m)- Aubrey’s best friend, both a fan of horror movies.

Jesús Del Olmo (m)- Addison’s best friend who is the total opposite of his slacker friend. He is currently studying engineering while working full-time as a waiter, though he’s currently angling for a job at somewhere more his style.

Emile Edmunds (m)- a man Lelia meets by chance and whom she quickly develops feelings for, becoming the third man in her complicated life. There’s just something about him she’s drawn to, even if he is twice her age and seems to have many secrets.

Others:

Fayte Night (f)

Savina Quartermaine (f)

Dekka DeLuke (f)

Corby DeLuke (m)

Bryant DeLuke (m)

Milana Campbell (f)

Rafael Sanchez (m)

Gilbert Giles (m)

Jessica Dewey (f)

Ayda Easterbrook (f)

Adonia Creager (m)

I’ve also been revisiting an old fantasy story that I’ve had to rewrite extensively:

Nellie Abeen (f)

Rabia Beyll (f)

Willard “Will” Castor (m)

Starr (f)

Eyo (m)

Tonya Terli (f)

Finn (m)

Enda (m)

Tula (f)

Killian (m)

Mara (f)

Marche (m)

Wallace (m)

Lance (m)

Flora (f)

Laia (f)

Paul Sudani (m)

Arlington (m)

Minerva (f)

Nathan (m)

Warren (m)

Drakkis (m)

Odilon Denari (m)

Blake (m)

Harmony (f)

Toby (m)

Emily (f)

Shortcomings & Revelations (a story that’s set in the same world as Iron, and though some characters overlap, it has its own storyline and plot):

Amaryllis Adaire (f)- the main character, who was sent away because of her growing proclivity of hanging out with a very bad crowd, and who comes back home after 2 years away with new secrets.

Gypsy Adaire (m)- the older brother, the ‘Golden Son’ of the family on the path to success and prosperity. Though he and Amaryllis are total opposites, they do have a close relationship/

Vicktor & Telitha “Telly” Adaire- the parents

Hyacinth Adaire (m)

Elvyne Adaire (f)

Creed Adaire (m)

Lucious Adaire (m)

Skyler Keigwin (m)

Pelio Wickley (m)

Marissa Noen (f)

Ralston Bourdon (m)

Melia Hull (f)

Cheryl Birmingham (f)

Samaire Hartfield (f)

Lesley Faber (m)

Gilead Kenton (m)

Averil Stryker (f)

Kogan Cieglieski (m)

Lionello D’Lauro (m) aka Roar

Alida Fernandez (f)

Hawking is a young woman trained by the powerful guilds that control her homeland to be an enforcer - basically private police, although the guilds aren’t supposed to have a military. Serious and decisive, she’s used to succeeding because she excels at her chosen profession, and thinks of herself as a self-made woman. She can be quite blind to the troubles of others.

Stockholme is her mentor, a world-weary veteran who use to be a knight, back in the days before the crown largely ceded power to the guilds and knighthood was dissolved. She raised Hawking in her youth, but has since become a central figure of a rebellion brewing in the guilded lands. She has a dignified presence and a strong moral core.

[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] is Stockholme’s partner in rebellion, and its motivator. His grandmother invented the printing press, and seeing it appropriated by the guilds gave him first-hand experience with their predatory ways. An idealistic anarchist, he wishes to see the people stage an uprising against the guilds, but is not an especially good leader.

[name_u]Ellison[/name_u] is Hawking’s close friend from back in their training days. He comes from a relatively wealthy family, and has been trained as a cavalier since they could afford to own horses. He’s a very kind person, but oblivious to the fact the he’s so well-off.

Curie is a tiny, sweet-looking girl who is a tremendously talented apothecary. As a child prodigy, she was scouted by the guilds to perform medical research, which exposed her to all manner of awful substances at a young age. With her older lab partner already deceased, she has joined the rebellion to do what good she can before what she expects will be a bitterly early death.

[name_u]Carmine[/name_u] is a resistance agent and experienced alchemist with a strong sense of justice and a desire to protect others, the saucy big sister to many newer recruits. She can seem a bit full of herself, but she’s extremely skilled, so why not? She also provides a link between the resistance and certain black market contacts, whom she acquired during her efforts to transition.

Cantor Elnathan is the prince of the guilded lands, and technically their ruler. In practice, the crown is so heavily indebted to the guilds that it wields only superficial power over them. Though sheltered, the prince is dutiful and determined when called upon to put down the uprising in his lands.

[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] is the prince’s inseparable bodyguard, a stoic and statuesque woman who is frequently mistaken for a handsome man. A terrifying combat juggernaut, her intimidating presence is never far from the prince’s side. Privately, she calls him by his childhood nickname, “[name_u]Elan[/name_u]”.

[name_u]Mason[/name_u] is a handsome young cavalier in the prince’s army. His family are recent immigrants to the guilded lands, and have pressured him to fit in with the local culture to the point where he has trouble expressing his feelings. He’s very loyal to the prince, whose hiring practices seem to be rather more inclusive than the guilds.

This lot are from a video game project I’m working on, in the mould of [name_m]Fire[/name_m] Emblem but with a lot more character who aren’t straight white monarchists. It’s a fantasy setting in the midst of its industrial resolution, mixing magic-as-science alchemy with early automation and booming capitalist machinery. We’re not quite up to cars, but trains are just around the corner.

It also has a distinct naming aesthetic, which is why I thought of it for this thread. Names in the guilded lands are sort of practical and workmanlike, hence you get a lot of focus on surname-names, especially occupational ones. By contrast, the prince has a fancy old-fashioned name given for aesthetics, and the barbarians beyond the guilded lands have more saxon/celtic/norse names, like Branagh, [name_m]Frey[/name_m] and [name_f]Isolde[/name_f].

I’m stopping there cus there are a few dozen characters, this being a tactical RPG, and I’m sure none of you want to hear that much more about my silly teenagers-versus-capitalism video game :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes