What are your main characters called, in any novel or other story you are writing?

Forming a story idea. Like the others, it’ll most likely never come to fruition. Still:

[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Jr[/name_m].- 16; the leader
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f] - 14; the intelligent mother figure
[name_f]Marie[/name_f] - 9; the curious tomboy
[name_m]Anton[/name_m] - 7; the baby of the family

1 Like

I’m currently writing an urban fantasy story centered around a 15 year old boy and his family when they move to a mysterious town somewhere in New England. The main characters are Olivier Lopez- an asocial, observant nerd and the fifteen year old boy in question, Alexandra “Alex” Hsiao- a creative, artsy outcast with a distaste for authority and who’s wardrobe is probably 90% flannel, Chander Singh- a shy cinnamon roll with some pretty bad anxiety issues who’s currently failing every class except for art, Virgil Underwood- an intuitive diplomat who’s good at reading people and hates conflict, Hayden Munroe-a temperamental, fiery 5"4 blonde bombshell who has probably killed a man and could be the queen bee but for some reason hangs around with the rest of these losers, and Eliza Beaumont- a compassionate nature witch.

1 Like

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] - 17 yo, the leading female
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u] [name_m]Sanders[/name_m] - 18 yo, the best friend
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Sanders[/name_m] - 18 yo, the love interest
Vee [name_m]Carlson[/name_m] - 17 yo, the enemy

I have more than a couple of current WIPs, but here are the two I’m working on the most;

Book one; Myles Epp and [COLOR=“#EE82EE”]Hailey Mccann[/COLOR]

Book two; Colin Giles, Kaia Shah, Maeve Elmore, Opal Quick , [COLOR=“#0000FF”]Julius Brooks [/COLOR]and Albany Keaton (still debating on her name)

I have more than 10 WIPs. But here are my most important ones-

1.) [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_m]Park[/name_m]
2.) [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_m]Howell[/name_m]
3.) [name_f]Acadia[/name_f] Morena [name_m]León[/name_m]
4.) [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] Collins
5.) [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] Spieth
6.) [name_f]Piper[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Merrick
7.) [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_m]Roscoe[/name_m]
8.) [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Kingston
9.) [name_f]Nora[/name_f] Sullivan

:slight_smile:

The story i’ve been focusing on the most is set in a world where everyone “draws” two superpowers/magic powers by the time they turn 12 and then have to earn additional powers through deeds deemed worthy by elders. The story focuses on 7 kids who got some bad draws and are looking to change their luck (and earn another draw for a better power)

Main [name_u]Seven[/name_u]:
[name_f]Dorcas[/name_f] “[name_f]Dori[/name_f]”
Malachite (m)
[name_u]Merle[/name_u] (f)
[name_m]Tavor[/name_m] (m)
[name_f]Zsa[/name_f] [name_f]Zsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Binnie[/name_f]
[name_u]North[/name_u] (m)

Additional Characters
[name_f]Alouette[/name_f]
[name_m]Icarus[/name_m]
Calyx
[name_m]Marceau[/name_m]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_f]Darla[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridie[/name_f]

1 Like

I have a couple story ideas with character names (just some that I know for sure):

1. [name_u]Gay[/name_u] Victorian Plot [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] (these are all sisters):
  • [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f] [name_m]Woodson[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] [name_m]Woodson[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_m]Woodson[/name_m] “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]”
  • [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_m]Woodson[/name_m] (no mn yet)
  • [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] (no mn yet; nee [name_m]Woodson[/name_m])
  • [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_m]Woodson[/name_m]?
  • [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] Somerset (nee [name_m]Woodson[/name_m])

Also:

• [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] & [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] Holloway
  • [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_m]Connor[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] “[name_f]Kitty[/name_f]”
  1. Near-[name_u]Future[/name_u] Time Traveling Historians:
  • [name_f]Dorotea[/name_f] Anaba Hatathli/Hatathli-Royer (she/her; specializes in linguistics, central/south american, mesoamerican, & native american history)
  • [name_f]Clio[/name_f] [name_f]Selene[/name_f] Royer (Hatathli-Royer) (she/her; specializes in art, theatre, & fashion history)
  • [name_f]Lucrezia[/name_f] “[name_m]Luka[/name_m]” Vidas (she/her or xe/xem; specializes in military & political history)
  • [name_f]Meg[/name_f] Hilmarssen (any gender-neutral; music history)
  • [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] Schwarz (she/her)
  • [name_f]Kismet[/name_f] Marangoz (she/her)
  • [name_f]Tamora[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] Crowley (ey/em)
  • [name_u]Devin[/name_u] [name_m]Terrence[/name_m] [name_m]Mariano[/name_m] (they/them or he/him)
  1. [name_f]Fantasy[/name_f] Characters
  • [name_f]Lieselotte[/name_f] (half-drow, half-elf weaver/druid)
  • [name_u]Lior[/name_u] Blumwyst
  • [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] Blumwyst
  • Tisiphone Rashgork (half-orc blacksmith) “[name_f]Tess[/name_f]/Tiz”
  • [name_f]Crisanta[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Melisande[/name_f] (might use Melissant or another variation instead)

Hey fox, I just saw your post and I think your characters and story are awesome! Definitely something I would play. I especially love the way you described the setting :slight_smile:

My current - and only thoroughly fleshed out - story is set in a fantastical, supernatural world that meshes with the real world, complete with a supernatural country with a corrupt royal family, a war between nobles for the throne, a mysterious academy for the magical and a wide variety of different supernatural species:

Main Characters (All mages unless I state otherwise):
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] “[name_f]Missy[/name_f]” Stryker - the story mostly revolves around her. She’s the sort-of long lost princess of this supernatural country, although she doesn’t know it. Sounds extremely cliché, I know, but trust me when I say you’d never expect what the members of this dysfunctional, estranged royal family are made of.

[name_f]Karma[/name_f]&[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] “[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]” Strauss - they’re twins ([name_f]Karma[/name_f] is male in case you couldn’t tell), and are somehow interwoven in this battle for the throne, courtesy of their oh so lovely mother. Thanks to her, they’re every bit as dysfunctional as her and the royal family, having been trained to be assassins by their father (although of course, they don’t know he’s their father), since they were wee children. [name_f]Karma[/name_f] is [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]’ love interest.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] “Frenchie” Montierth - [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]’ best friend, she has stuck by [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] through thick and thin (even in life threatening situations involving a certain group of psycholaths who kindap young magicians and turn them into lab rats for their revolting experiments), so it should come as no surprise that she is, unknowingly of course, [name_f]Missy[/name_f]'s guardian angel.

[name_u]Orion[/name_u] (last name tbd) - [name_u]Orion[/name_u] is [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]’ brother, and the Crown [name_m]Prince[/name_m] of the kingdom, which is why I haven’t got a last name for him - I am still searching for the perfect surname for the royal family. He refuses to accept [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] as his sister due to the fact that his evil, neurotic mother (and conveniently, [name_f]Missy[/name_f]'s aunt, oh so loving sister to our dearest protagonist’s mother) sealed away his memories of his sister before stealing [name_f]Missy[/name_f] away from her mother and shipping her off to [name_u]London[/name_u]. Like I said: dysfunctional. He is also Frenchie’s second love interest in the story.

[name_f]Valeria[/name_f] (tbd) - [name_m]Ah[/name_m], the sweet little [name_u]Val[/name_u], practically the entire reason for almost all of the other main characters’ hardships as soon as the story takes place. She is [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]’ sister, and the reason why [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] left [name_u]London[/name_u] and decided to return to the country she once called home (and hell if I’m being perfectly honest with you ;D). [name_f]Missy[/name_f]'s memories of [name_u]Orion[/name_u] were also sealed away, as were her memories of [name_u]Val[/name_u], but being that her evil aunt was far away from her, her magic wasn’t as powerful and it resulted in [name_f]Missy[/name_f]'s memories of [name_u]Val[/name_u] slipping through the small cracks in the seal. So of course, [name_f]Missy[/name_f] risked her life to find her sister in the country she never even wanted to return to in the first place, all so she could see [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] once again. Who convieniently died a few months later during the war and was resurrected by a now fully-aware-of-her-powers Frenchie, at the cost of her wings. Once again: the entire reason for almost all of their hardships. Thanks a lot for that [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Of course I’m not as bitter with these characters as I seem to be XD these are the protagonists of the story (although [name_f]Karma[/name_f] sort of becomes an antagonist), I have other main characters but my hands hurt from typing. I may or may not return to update!

Current story:
The MC goes to a new school, not to learn, but to investigate for her parents. The prologue paints her as confident, arrogant, and smart, but no name is given and her actual task is not provided. It’s a story where everyone has powers, and right at the end of the prologue, the MC is accidentally hit with an amnesia spell.
On her necklace are the initials [name_m]ED[/name_m], so for the time being she goes by [name_f]Edie[/name_f], until her memory comes back. Real name is [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] (I think), but that’s not revealed for a long time, so she’s just [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] interest is [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Dawes[/name_m].
[name_m]New[/name_m] friends include:
[name_m]Osric[/name_m]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] (Ma-reyd) nn [name_u]Rey[/name_u]
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_f]Meja[/name_f] (mey-a)
[name_m]Dante[/name_m]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u] (male)
[name_u]Keenan[/name_u]
[name_f]Adhara[/name_f]

Other minors:
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Freedom[/name_u] [name_m]Parkman[/name_m] for one called “[name_u]Freedom[/name_u]”
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] and [name_f]Oceana[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] in “The Water and the [name_f]Apple[/name_f]”

1 Like

I call this ‘project’ Failure #2477. It’s about witches and the dangers of living in a small religious community. As if that trope hasn’t been beaten to death.

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f] - Protagonist, non-witch. Was apparently a powerful witch in a past life.
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] - Somber leader of the coven. Has the power of retrocognition. Learns that [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], in a past life, saved one of her ([name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]'s) ancestors.
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] - [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]'s right-hand man. Second eldest daughter of an affluent and obsessively religious man. Because irony is cruel, she possesses a power that would deeply upset her God-fearing family: bringing the dead back to life.
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] - A very sensitive and gentle girl with a love for nature and animals. Is the first to expose her witch powers to [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] through her healing power.
[name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] - Shy [name_m]French[/name_m] transfer who has difficulty controlling her dangerous power when stressed. Pyrokinetic.
[name_f]Corsica[/name_f] née [name_f]Emily[/name_f] - A dreamy and whimsical girl who has adopted a new name and eccentric persona in an effort to establish an identity for herself. Hydrokinetic.
[name_f]Faith[/name_f] - A vengeful and often grumpy witch with a severe dislike for the community. Her impulsivity and power of invisibility make a troublesome combination.
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]/[name_u]Sam[/name_u] - Though usually cheerful, [name_u]Sam[/name_u] fears her own power of psychometry (the ability to gain information about an object/person just by touching it). Often wears gloves because she fears that she’ll learn something she would rather not know…

2 Likes

Qulio [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Demeteria[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_m]Emil[/name_m] and [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f] are four siblings with different winter themed powers who are tasked with bringing peace to their war-ridden kingdom. They are the last royals of their kingdom left and are being chased as they journey to make it to the kingdom in the south.

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aleksandra[/name_f] Novasen is a young adult attending the N.S.E.T. ([name_f]Nebula[/name_f] Space Exploration Training) program to become a pilot in their Outer-Neptunian Project, where they plan on sending young men and women outside the solar system to explore and possible find life/a place where humans could live. She is a strong-willed girl, who can be a bit tunnel-visioned and sometimes forgets she needs to rest.

1 Like

Lots of stories, don’t mind me…

Series Characters Books 1-8 A series about a group of teens with magic powers, with each book told from a different main character’s POV. They are fighting against the king, queen, and parliament of a kingdom of vampiric shapeshifters, a god, and a vampire who has a grudge against them.

Main: [name_u]Red[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]McCarthy[/name_u], [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_m]Cain[/name_m] Creek, [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] Trudeaux, [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] Grimes, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m], Chrome [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] [name_m]Banks[/name_m], [name_m]Ryu[/name_m] Najimi, [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] Strauss

Villains: [name_m]Zero[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m] “Morphos” [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], the Counsel, Lirrid

Vices and Virtues A story about a world in which only twins are born. Each twin has an alignment, vice or virtue. The story focuses on a group of misfits, a pair of vicious twins, a pair of virtuous twins, and two people whose twins died young.

Main: [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] [name_m]Young[/name_m] (virtuous), [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Cohen[/name_m] (vicious), [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] and [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Black[/name_m] (vicious), [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_m]Brandon[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] (virtuous)

Villains: the Vicious territories, the Virtuous territories, President [name_m]John[/name_m] Damus

Monstrous A story about teens who are the children of monsters/turned into monsters.

Main: Luciel Freewell (son of the demon Asmodeus), Medus [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] (son of Medusa) [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] Nexus (turned into vampire), [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] (turned into vampire), Metamorphosis (shapeshifter), [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] (daughter of the demon [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m], cousin to Luciel)

Villains: none yet

My story is about amother and her journey to discovering the father of her twins while finding a man fit to parent them.
The main character is named [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], her daughter is named Jasey [name_u]Rae[/name_u] after a song, her son is [name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] after her father. Her best friend who helps her raise them is named [name_u]Arya[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_m]Kent[/name_m] and her sister who is also heavily involved is named [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u].

I am working on a novel called “Being [name_u]Free[/name_u]”
Main Characters: (first and middle names)
[name_u]Freedom[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (f, narrator in the book [first person], nn [name_u]Free[/name_u])
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] (f, [name_u]Free[/name_u]'s best friend, nn [name_f]May[/name_f])
[name_f]Katelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Kylie[/name_f] (f, nn [name_f]Katie[/name_f])
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Ava[/name_f] (f, [name_u]Free[/name_u]'s 2nd best friend, nn [name_f]Rosey[/name_f])
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Bree[/name_f] (f, no nn)
[name_u]Shawn[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (m, [name_u]Free[/name_u]'s older brother, no nn)
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (f, no middle name, [name_u]Shawn[/name_u]'s fiancee, nn [name_f]Beth[/name_f])
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Maine[/name_f] (f, [name_u]Free[/name_u]'s younger sister, nn [name_f]Bella[/name_f])
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f] Lunna (f, [name_u]Free[/name_u]'s 2nd younger sister, nn Lunna)

1 Like

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_m]Davenport[/name_m] “[name_f]Willa[/name_f]” - the 17 year old daughter of a senator who is dying of terminal lymphoma and administered a highly experimental “cure.” (:

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say as I’m looking through all of these stories, it makes me want to read them. Everything looks amazing! Also, all the names and the thought process behind them is outstanding. Well done! My main character is [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_u]Berry[/name_u]. (Known as BJ by close friends and family!)

1 Like

I have two protagonists, siblings named [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], surname is Wakefield. They are twins and identical. Identical, despite the fact that they are a boy and a girl. This is only made possible by the fact that [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is transgender. My story deals with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]'s journey through coming out and social transition as well as [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]'s struggle to accept her and the changes her transition brings. It deals with a lot of themes I’ve wanted to write on for a very long time including agnosticism and growing up in a [name_m]Christian[/name_m] environment, being an identical twin and genetics, being autistic, gender dysphoria, having an intersex condition, loss (of both the living and dead), prostitution, same-sex relationships, self-harm and social awkwardness…and a little bit of romance because what’s YA fiction without romance?

Other characters (so far): [name_u]Ash[/name_u], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] “[name_f]Bunny[/name_f]”, [name_f]Iris[/name_f], JD, [name_f]Lilly[/name_f], a boy named [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] “[name_m]Chess[/name_m]” and a girl named [name_u]Reid[/name_u]. I do plan on adding a few more. And [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]'s birth name was [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].

So, I’m writing that one already. It’s fairly easy to write considering I’m transgender (although I’m FTM, not MTF) but I want to start working on another project soon. I won’t write about it now because it needs more fleshing out first :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_m]Von[/name_m] [name_f]Zamora[/name_f], a middle child and only girl in [name_u]London[/name_u], [name_f]England[/name_f], who was sent away to boarding school in Switzerland by her abusive father because she went to see her mother at the mental hospital ( Who isn’t actually crazy, her husband sent her there in order to take control of her money) and she fell in love with her roommate, [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], who’s from [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_u]Jersey[/name_u], who was sent to boarding school because she was a lesbian and her parents didn’t want to deal with it.

2 Likes