WHICH FLOWER FAIRY WERE YOU?

Re: [name]Flower[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] Names

by redridinghood on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 pm

[name]Hi[/name] there. I have just been having great fun reading all all the 35 pages of posts on [name]Nephele[/name]'s wonderful [name]Flower[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] section, and was just thinking about [name]Nephele[/name] saying she thought she was the [name]Tansy[/name] fairy as a child. Which fairy do you think you looked like as a child, and/or which fairy was your favourite and why? Could [name]Magic[/name] [name]Nephele[/name] post ALL the illustrations of ALL the [name]Flower[/name] Fairies for us, so we can be sure we have exhausted the entire set!

I had very long (below my waist) brown hair in plaits, and was very leggy and coltish, so I think I identified with the [name]Hazel[/name] Catkin fairy or maybe the [name]Lavender[/name] fairy.

What a fun idea, [name]Ailsa[/name]! I would [name]LOVE[/name] to see what fairy everyone here resembled as a child!

Here’s the url to a complete list (with pictures) of all the [name]Flower[/name] Fairies:

http://www.flower-fairies-pictures.co.uk/ff/gallery/fairy-list1.asp

Sorry you have to click on each individual [name]Fairy[/name] name to see the picture. If anyone has a better url that links to a page showing all the fairies at once, please feel free to post it.

And here’s the [name]Fairy[/name] I looked most like as a child (and pretty much still look like today), the [name]Tansy[/name] [name]Fairy[/name]:

And here’s our [name]Ailsa[/name] as a [name]Flower[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] child:

or

Everyone who participated in [name]FLOWER[/name] [name]FAIRY[/name] NAMES thread on this board…

…do please tell us which [name]Flower[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] you most looked like as a child. I’m curious to see if I got your anagram right!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I have to check which flower fairy you assigned me, [name]Nephele[/name], but in the meantime, I went to the site (thanks!), and think I most looked like either the [name]Apple[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Fairy[/name], the Phlox [name]Fairy[/name], or the [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name], but with [name]Shirley[/name] [name]Temple[/name] curls. :slight_smile:

This is fun! Thanks, [name]Ailsa[/name]! :slight_smile:

Aw…! They’re all sweet! When you decide on which one was you, I could see about re-doing your name scramble to kind of tweak it into the fairy of your choice. Not sure if it’ll work, but I could try.

[name]Ailsa[/name] has good ideas!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I think that the [name]Iris[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] would most represent how I looked as a child.

When my second daughter was born my oldest was six years old. My oldest had short brown hair just like the [name]Apple[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] and my youngest looked just like the baby.

Disa_lan, I couldn’t get an [name]Iris[/name] for you from an anagram of your scramble, but I did manage to tweak an [name]Iris[/name] out of a blanagram of your scramble. A blanagram is like an anagram, except that one letter has been swapped for another.

So, with a wave of my magic blanagram wand – poof! You’re an [name]Iris[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] named:
[name]Danaca[/name] [name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Lilie[/name]
= lilaedawncntsneao -w +i
“[name]Lilie[/name]” is from “Schwertlilie,” the [name]German[/name] name for the [name]Iris[/name].

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Okay, [name]Nephele[/name]. I put my thinking cap on and decided that of the three, I most resembled the [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name], but with curly hair. (That older [name]Apple[/name] Blosson [name]Fairy[/name] sure was close, too, but aside from the curly hair, the Phlox [name]Fairy[/name] is out.) :slight_smile:

So, I’m pleased to announce my [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] status. :slight_smile:

~[name]Jilly[/name] Trinket Bramble/[name]Trilby[/name] Tinkerbell [name]Jam[/name], enjoying her thimble of dew.

:slight_smile:

Nephette, I just realized that you originally gave me the Blackberry [name]Fairy[/name], and it does resemble me when I was little, but with different coloring. I had the curls, only longer.
:slight_smile: You did a great job with your pick! (It’s totally my mom when she was little.) :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], you make a fine [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name]. I have tweaked your scramble into a blanagram that positively verifies your [name]Marigold[/name] status. Your name is:

[name]Trillby[/name] [name]Brin[/name] Sametk’le
= miblrjlyabttnrelike -j +s

“Sametk’le” is Yiddish for “[name]Little[/name] [name]Marigold[/name].”

Have another thimble of fermented dew to celebrate your Yiddish Marigoldiness!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Hahaha! You posted this while I was 'gramming you! Hmm… I still kind of like the [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] for you.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Hahaha! You posted this while I was 'gramming you! Hmm… I still kind of like the [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] for you.

– [name]Nephele[/name][/quote]

I’d love to be the [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name], [name]Nephele[/name]. :slight_smile: I’ve officially adopted the [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Fairy[/name] as my [name]Fairy[/name] counterpart.

Wait. I’m getting a new anagram? Seriously? Wow! Are there any left for me? If you get stuck, just give me [name]Jilly[/name] Tinkberbell [name]Jam[/name] again, and I’ll act surprised. :slight_smile:

Yah, I did it already. We posted at almost the same time, and cross-posted or something! Hahaha!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Thank you [name]Nephele[/name] I love [name]Danaca[/name] [name]Sonnet[/name] [name]Lilie[/name]! It was fun looking at all the fairies.

Oops! I can’t believe I missed your post! (I think I’m suffering from what’s hopefully a very temporary case of the stupids.) :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh! I [name]LOVE[/name] my new name, [name]Nephele[/name]! [name]How[/name] in the world did you do that?! You worked a Yiddish name into the mix? I’m in awe right now! (I’m calling the fine folks at Mensa, so they should be knocking on your door momentarily.)

[name]Nephele[/name]= Genius

What a night it’s been! Two thimbles of honeyed dew and now a new anagram!

To you I say, “a honk toy.” (My first official, not to mention incredibly pathetic, anagram.) :slight_smile:

Aw, I ain’t no genius. I’m just a ‘grammin’ fool. :slight_smile:

I liked your first official anagram!

Disa_lan, you’re very welcome!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Glad[/name] you are liking this idea, but all credit goes to [name]Nephele[/name] for the idea, not me! It is fun, though, isn’t it! I think we NameBerries have taken [name]Flower[/name] Fairies to our hearts in a big way. (and [name]Nephele[/name] with them)x

Aw, thanks! [name]Ailsa[/name], you definitely make a lovely [name]Hazel[/name] Catkin [name]Fairy[/name] (one of your fairies of choice). In fact, you are so much a [name]Hazel[/name] Catkin, that you get a choice of three different Catkin blanagrams from your maiden name scramble:

[name]Cathy[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] Katje = aaceeehijlosttwy -w +k
[name]Chelsie[/name] [name]Toya[/name] Katje = aaceeehijlosttwy -w +k
[name]Twyla[/name] Echoes Katje = aaceeehijlosttwy -w +i

“Katje” is the Dutch name for the Catkin. (It literally means “little cat” to describe the cat’s tails appearance of catkins.)

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Thank you [name]Nephele[/name]! I can [name]Vary[/name] my [name]Fairy[/name] according to my mood, now! (oops, a poet and I don’t know it)

xx

Looking forward to seeing more [name]Fairy[/name] Lookalikes on here.

I think my original fairy was the [name]Silver[/name] [name]Birch[/name] (I’ll have to check) but I’ve decided I looked most like the [name]Candy[/name] Tuft [name]Fairy[/name].

YUP!
ricamaca, you are a [name]Silver[/name] [name]Birch[/name] [name]Fairy[/name], and your name is:

[name]Celestina[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Birch[/name]